Century Aluminum CompanyNASDAQ
Century Aluminum: Premium Gone, Insolvency Coming
Howie Man • 37 Comments
Howie Man • 37 Comments
Thu, Oct. 27, 5:40 PM
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:59 PM
- Century Aluminum (NASDAQ:CENX) -12.9% AH after reporting a sizable Q3 loss when a break-even result was expected, on a 26% Y/Y drop in revenue and a 21% decline in shipments.
- CENX says Q3 shipments of primary aluminum totaled 182,429 metric tons vs. 231,040 metric tons shipped in the year-ago quarter of 2015, primarily due to curtailment actions taken in H2 2015.
- CENX says the commodity price has firmed, demand remains generally good, and supply - excluding in China - remains constrained; however, value-added product premiums, especially in the U.S., are under pressure due to the "significant and growing level of imports caused by the excess production in China."
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:07 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Mon, Aug. 29, 1:48 PM
- Shares of aluminum makers are higher after privately-held aluminum rolled products producer Aleris agreed to be acquired by China's Zhongwang for $2.33B, in a bet that the U.S. automotive aluminum sector will be the industry's next big growth market.
- Since 2010, Aleris has been owned and controlled by a group led by investment funds of Oaktree Capital Management (NYSE:OAK).
- Aleris is in the midst of a $350M expansion of its Lewisport, Ky., rolling mill to produce automotive body sheet for U.S. auto manufacturers, and hopes to produce 200K metric tons/year and begin shipping in 2017.
- Shares of other publicly traded aluminum companies are up, including Alcoa (AA +2.4%), Century Aluminum (CENX +2.7%), Kaiser Aluminum (KALU +1%) and Constellium (CSTM +12.9%).
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:09 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Tue, Jul. 19, 2:01 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:18 PM
- Century Aluminum (NASDAQ:CENX): Q1 EPS of -$0.23 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $318.9M (-45.8% Y/Y) misses by $20.93M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Tue, Feb. 23, 12:42 PM
- Century Aluminum (CENX -11.3%) pulls back from a two-day 40% gain that followed better than expected Q4 results, as shares are downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform with a $6 price target at BMO Capital.
- BMO points to the stock's valuation after the run-up and its belief that CENX will swing from a cash burner to a cash generator beginning in Q1, but says shares are positioned to continue to rise if underlying aluminum prices continue to rally.
- CENX’s fair value estimate is “extremely sensitive” to even slight changes in the underlying aluminum price assumptions, BMO says, estimating that every $0.01/lb. change in the underlying price affects CENX’s fair value by ~$1/share.
Tue, Feb. 23, 9:17 AM
Mon, Feb. 22, 12:44 PM
Fri, Feb. 19, 12:45 PM
Thu, Feb. 18, 4:13 PM
- Century Aluminum (NASDAQ:CENX): Q4 EPS of -$0.53 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $383.9M (-30.4% Y/Y) beats by $15.74M.
- Shares +3.5%.
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:35 PM