Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc.NYSE
Tue, Dec. 6, 11:11 AM
- "Above-average" asset-sensitivity, "outsize" potential benefits from deregulation, and a cheap valuation are behind analyst Matthew Keating making TCF Financial (TCB +0.8%) a Top Pick, replacing Signature Bank (SBNY +0.3%).
- Upgraded to Overweight is BankUnited (BKU +1.9%), with Keating noting a valuation discount, but loan growth expectations nearly double that of peers.
- Upgraded to Equalweight from Underweight is Synovus (SNV +0.4%).
- Downgraded to Underweight are Dime Community (DCOM -7.2%) thanks to its liability sensitivity in a rising rate environment.
- Also cut to Underweight is Investors Bancorp (ISBC -1.5%), with Keating also noting its liability sensitivity.
- Also on the upgrade list: Cullen/Frost (CFR +1.1%).
- Also on the downgrade list: Fulton Financial (FULT -0.3%).
- Source: Bloomberg
Thu, Nov. 17, 10:58 AM
- Today it's Wedbush with the cuts, downgrading Citizens Financial (CFG +1.9%) to Neutral from Outperform after the stock pushed through its $31 price target, and CullenFrost (CFR flat) to Underperform from Neutral.
- The new PT on CFG is $30, and on CFR is $72 down from $78 (suggesting 12% downside).
- CFG is higher by 43% over the last six months, and CFR up 36%.
- Previously: Sell-side takes profits on banks (Nov. 16)
Thu, Oct. 27, 5:24 PM
Thu, Oct. 27, 9:45 AM
- Unable to take the pain from its Underperform rating on Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR +1.7%), Macquarie upgrades to Neutral.
- Banged down late last year and early in 2016 on the energy crash, CFR has gained about 80% since bottoming out in late January.
- The lender yesterday reported a sizable Q3 earnings beat, with provisions of $5M vs. $9.2M in Q2. Net charge-offs in Q3 of $5M were down from $21.4M in Q2.
Wed, Oct. 26, 9:03 AM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:39 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 10:22 AM
- Q2 net income of $69.5M or $1.11 per share vs. $71.1M and $1.11 a year ago. Expectations this quarter were for $1.05.
- Boosting results was the turnaround in energy, with loan loss provisions in Q2 falling to $9.2M from $28.5M in Q1. One year ago, provisions were $2.9M. Non-performing assets fell to $89.5M from $180M three months earlier.
- The conference call begins at 11 ET.
- Previously: Cullen/Frost Bankers beats by $0.06, misses on revenue (July 27)
- CFR +2.8%
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:02 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Thu, Jun. 9, 10:08 AM
- Independent Bank Group (IBTX +1.2%) and Prosperity Bancshares (PB -1.4%) are boosted to Buy from Hold, and Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%) to Hold from Sell. The reasoning isn't hard to gauge, given oil's doubling in price over the past four months.
- CFR is higher by 38% since Feb. 1, with IBTX up 32% and PB ahead 25%.
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:57 PM
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR) declares $0.54/share quarterly dividend, 1.9% increase from prior dividend of $0.53.
- Forward yield 3.42%
- Payable June 15; for shareholders of record May 31; ex-div May 27.
Wed, Apr. 27, 9:06 AM
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR): Q1 EPS of $1.07 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $285.87M (+8.3% Y/Y) misses by $8.96M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Thu, Jan. 28, 3:29 PM
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR) declares $0.53/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.36%
- Payable March 15; for shareholders of record Feb. 29; ex-div Feb. 25.
Thu, Jan. 28, 9:40 AM
- Nice post-earnings bounces continue for Comerica (CMA +3.3%) and Prosperity Bancshares (PB +4.5%) as oil soars above $34 per barrel on chatter of production cuts.
- Also at work, BMO Capital pulls its Underperform rating on Comerica, and Evercore pulls its Sell rating on Prosperity. Alongside that is DA Davidson upgrading Prosperity to Buy from Neutral.
- Previously: Comerica beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Jan. 19)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares launches buyback (Jan. 27)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Jan. 27)
- Other energy-exposed lenders: Cullen/Front (CFR +3.9%), Texas Capital (TCBI +2.5%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX +11.6%), Zions Bancorp (ZION +2.8%)