Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc.NYSE
Yesterday, 5:24 PM
Yesterday, 9:45 AM
- Unable to take the pain from its Underperform rating on Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR +1.7%), Macquarie upgrades to Neutral.
- Banged down late last year and early in 2016 on the energy crash, CFR has gained about 80% since bottoming out in late January.
- The lender yesterday reported a sizable Q3 earnings beat, with provisions of $5M vs. $9.2M in Q2. Net charge-offs in Q3 of $5M were down from $21.4M in Q2.
Wed, Oct. 26, 9:03 AM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:39 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 10:22 AM
- Q2 net income of $69.5M or $1.11 per share vs. $71.1M and $1.11 a year ago. Expectations this quarter were for $1.05.
- Boosting results was the turnaround in energy, with loan loss provisions in Q2 falling to $9.2M from $28.5M in Q1. One year ago, provisions were $2.9M. Non-performing assets fell to $89.5M from $180M three months earlier.
- The conference call begins at 11 ET.
- Previously: Cullen/Frost Bankers beats by $0.06, misses on revenue (July 27)
- CFR +2.8%
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:02 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Thu, Jun. 9, 10:08 AM
- Independent Bank Group (IBTX +1.2%) and Prosperity Bancshares (PB -1.4%) are boosted to Buy from Hold, and Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%) to Hold from Sell. The reasoning isn't hard to gauge, given oil's doubling in price over the past four months.
- CFR is higher by 38% since Feb. 1, with IBTX up 32% and PB ahead 25%.
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:57 PM
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR) declares $0.54/share quarterly dividend, 1.9% increase from prior dividend of $0.53.
- Forward yield 3.42%
- Payable June 15; for shareholders of record May 31; ex-div May 27.
Wed, Apr. 27, 9:06 AM
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR): Q1 EPS of $1.07 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $285.87M (+8.3% Y/Y) misses by $8.96M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Thu, Jan. 28, 3:29 PM
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR) declares $0.53/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.36%
- Payable March 15; for shareholders of record Feb. 29; ex-div Feb. 25.
Thu, Jan. 28, 9:40 AM
- Nice post-earnings bounces continue for Comerica (CMA +3.3%) and Prosperity Bancshares (PB +4.5%) as oil soars above $34 per barrel on chatter of production cuts.
- Also at work, BMO Capital pulls its Underperform rating on Comerica, and Evercore pulls its Sell rating on Prosperity. Alongside that is DA Davidson upgrading Prosperity to Buy from Neutral.
- Previously: Comerica beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Jan. 19)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares launches buyback (Jan. 27)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Jan. 27)
- Other energy-exposed lenders: Cullen/Front (CFR +3.9%), Texas Capital (TCBI +2.5%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX +11.6%), Zions Bancorp (ZION +2.8%)
Wed, Jan. 27, 10:33 AM
- Comerica's Texas Economic Activity Index fell 60 basis points in November to 94.1. This stands against an index average of 105.2 for all of 2014. The gauge has now fallen for 12 of the last 13 months.
- The index is comprised of eight variables: nonfarm payrolls, exports, hotel occupancy, continue jobless claims, housing starts, sales taxes, home prices, and Baker Hughes rig count.
- Four of the eight fell during November, but payrolls were higher, though the growth has "stepped down" from 2013 and 2014.
- Banks of interest: Comerica (CMA +0.9%), Prosperity (PB +4.1%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.3%), Texas Capital (TCBI +3.2%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -1.6%).
Wed, Jan. 27, 9:08 AM
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR): Q4 EPS of $0.90 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $308.8M (+4.6% Y/Y)