Wed, Jul. 27, 10:22 AM
- Q2 net income of $69.5M or $1.11 per share vs. $71.1M and $1.11 a year ago. Expectations this quarter were for $1.05.
- Boosting results was the turnaround in energy, with loan loss provisions in Q2 falling to $9.2M from $28.5M in Q1. One year ago, provisions were $2.9M. Non-performing assets fell to $89.5M from $180M three months earlier.
- The conference call begins at 11 ET.
- Previously: Cullen/Frost Bankers beats by $0.06, misses on revenue (July 27)
- CFR +2.8%
Thu, Jan. 28, 9:40 AM
- Nice post-earnings bounces continue for Comerica (CMA +3.3%) and Prosperity Bancshares (PB +4.5%) as oil soars above $34 per barrel on chatter of production cuts.
- Also at work, BMO Capital pulls its Underperform rating on Comerica, and Evercore pulls its Sell rating on Prosperity. Alongside that is DA Davidson upgrading Prosperity to Buy from Neutral.
- Previously: Comerica beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Jan. 19)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares launches buyback (Jan. 27)
- Previously: Prosperity Bancshares beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Jan. 27)
- Other energy-exposed lenders: Cullen/Front (CFR +3.9%), Texas Capital (TCBI +2.5%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX +11.6%), Zions Bancorp (ZION +2.8%)
Wed, Jan. 13, 10:26 AM
- Are we starting to get a whiff of capitulation in energy? San Antonio-based Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR -4.3%) is cut to Underweight at Barclays and Underperform at Macquarie.
- The stock's lower by 16% in 2016, and by nearly 40% since late June.
Dec. 8, 2015, 1:35 PM
- The selloff in financial names is a broad one, but those seen as especially reliant on energy deals and lending are suffering worst as oil and natural gas make new multi-year lows.
- Among the movers: Comerica (CMA -2.9%), Zions (ZION -3.3%), Prosperity (PB -3.3%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -2.6%), MidSouth Bancorp (MSL -1.4%), BOK Financial (BOKF -3.2%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -3.8%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.1%), Iberiabank (IBKC -3%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC -0.5%), Texas Capital (TCBI -4.6%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -2.6%), Interstate BancSystem (FIBK -1.1%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -3.5%).
- Screening the whole group against the KRE finds only Interstate BancSystem as outperforming over the past month.
Jan. 6, 2015, 5:35 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:17 PM
- Dallas-based Comerica (CMA -1.3%) is an outlier to the downside among the regional names as oil tumbles another 3.7% to the lowest level since the summer of 2009.
- Other lenders with sizable Texas-operations and exposure to energy credit: MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +0.9%), BOK Financial (BOKF -0.6%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -0.9%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.7%), ViewPoint Financial (VPFG -0.5%), Iberiabank (IBKC +0.1%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC +0.1%), Texas Capital (TCBI -1.3%), Prosperity Bancshares (PB -0.8%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -1%), Hilltop Holdings (HTH -0.7%), First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK +0.4%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -0.8%)
Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. operates as a bank holding company of Frost Bank, which is engaged in the business of commercial and consumer banking services, as well as trust and investment management, mutual funds, investment banking, insurance, brokerage, leasing, asset-based lending, treasury... More
Industry: Regional - Southwest Banks
Country: United States