What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Feb. 4, 11:07 AM
- Adjusted net income of $63M, or $0.51 per diluted vs. $89.7M, or $0.72 per diluted share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Gas- and fluid-handling orders decreased by 22.3 to $443M vs. $570.1M (an organic order decline of 18.8%).
- Gas- and fluid-handling finished the period with backlog of $1.1B.
- "While the demand environment remains weak in both business segments, we are on track to deliver the $100M in cost reductions from our 2014 cost base by the end of 2016," CEO Matthew Trerotola said. "Execution of cash conversion management was outstanding in the quarter."
- Q4 results
Thu, Feb. 4, 6:17 AM
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABG, ABMD, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BR, BSX, BZH, CARB, CFX, CHTR, CI, CLX, CMI, CMS, COP, COTY, CRS, CS, CSL, CUB, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EQM, EQT, GLPI, GRUB, HIMX, ICE, IT, ITG, KELYA, LQDT, LVLT, MD, MHFI, MHO, MMC, MMP, MMS, MSCI, MSG, NAO, NYT, ODFL, OXY, PBH, PM, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, RDS.A, RFP, RL, RSTI, SBH, SNA, SPH, SQNS, STRA, TDC, TDY, TE, TPX, UTEK, VLP, VMC, WEC, XYL
Oct. 14, 2015, 7:15 AM
- Adjusted net income of $29.5M, or $0.24 per diluted vs. $71.3M, or $0.57 per diluted share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Gas- and fluid-handling orders decreased by 17.6% to $444.2M vs. $539.4M (an organic order decrease of 12.5%).
- Gas- and fluid-handling finished the period with backlog of $1.3B.
- "Third quarter performance fell short of expectations," CEO Matthew Trerotola said. "By the end of 2016, we now expect to eliminate in excess of $100M from our cost structure and reduce the workforce by approximately 1,500."
- Q3 results
- CFX -5.2% premarket
Oct. 14, 2015, 6:18 AM
- Colfax (NYSE:CFX): Q3 EPS of $0.24 misses by $0.17.
- Revenue of $969.14M (-16.5% Y/Y) misses by $25.16M.
Oct. 5, 2015, 6:47 PM
- Barclays maintains a Neutral rating on the U.S. multi-industry sector due to a weaker emerging market outlook, higher emerging market foreign exchange risk and slower export markets, but initiates the firm's largest estimate cut since 2008 by downgrading five names within the sector.
- The firm cuts Eaton (NYSE:ETN), Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK), Rexnord (NYSE:RXN) and Tyco International (NYSE:TYC) to Equal Weight from Overweight, and downgrades Colfax (NYSE:CFX) to Underweight from Equal Weight.
- However, Barclays upgrades ADT Corp. (NYSE:ADT) to Equal Weight from Underweight, as the stock seems low enough to be considered fairly valued after a tough couple of years, and ADT's exposures to U.S. housing are "comfortable" vs. peers; the firm says its changed view on ADT is not a bullish upgrade, with long-term concerns related to rising technology threats such as home automation.
Sep. 3, 2015, 3:12 PM
- How bad a year has it been for multi-industry stocks? Year-to-date underperformance relative to the S&P 500 is among the poorest in a decade and has gotten worse in recent weeks, say Goldman analyst Joe Ritchie and team. The negative news is no secret: Broad industrial de-stock, softening oil capex, the strong dollar, and the troubles in China. Because of this, the team remains Neutral on the beaten-up sector, but does have a few names investors should steer clear of:
- With de-stock keeping U.S. industrial growth in a "headlock," the implications are particularly negative for Sell-rated Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR), WW Grainger (NYSE:GWW), and Neutral-rated Parker-Hannifin (NYSE:PH) and Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK).
- With oil capex going from bad to worse, and oil lower for longer, the Street is underestimating the impact of price declines for Dover (NYSE:DOV), Emerson, and Flowserve (NYSE:FLS). On the flip side, lower input costs should be a boon to Buy-rated Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW) and Neutral-rated 3M (NYSE:MMM).
- The weaker China backdrop is most negative for Emerson, and Neutral-rated Eaton (NYSE:ETN) and Colfax (NYSE:CFX). Though Buy-rated Honeywell (NYSE:HON) and ITT Corp (NYSE:ITT) have exposure, growth is more insulated due to their market share gains.
- Source: Barron's Ben Levinsohn
- ETFs: XHB, ITB, XLI, PHO, IYT, ITA, VIS, PPA, XTN, XAR, FIDU, PKB, IYJ, FXR, UXI, PRN, RGI, SIJ, PSCI, AIRR
Jul. 23, 2015, 6:09 AM
- Colfax (NYSE:CFX): Q2 EPS of $0.50 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.03B (-14.2% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Apr. 23, 2015, 8:48 AM
- Colfax (NYSE:CFX): Q1 EPS of $0.36 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $911.07M (-13.2% Y/Y) misses by $46.75M.
Apr. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Feb. 5, 2015, 6:36 AM
- Colfax (NYSE:CFX): Q4 EPS of $0.72 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $1.21B (+3.4% Y/Y) misses by $60M.
Feb. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
Jan. 29, 2015, 10:47 AM
Dec. 16, 2014, 5:42 PM
- Colfax (NYSE:CFX) -1.7% AH after providing below consensus guidance for FY 2015, seeing EPS of $2.20-$2.40 vs. $2.58 analyst consensus estimate and revenues of $4.525B-$4.675B vs. $4.8B consensus.
- CFX foresees 2015 forex revenue headwinds of $180M-$190M, resulting in a $17M-$18M impact on operating profit.
- Expects continued improvement in a low growth environment, and believes its growth investments and acquisition pipeline position the company for expansion.
Oct. 24, 2014, 11:39 AM
Colfax Corp is a manufacturing and engineering company. The Company provides gas- and fluid-handling and fabrication technology products and services to commercial and governmental customers around the world.
Other News & PR