Cancer Genetics: Major Upside Through Proprietary Tests
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Thu, Aug. 14, 7:47 AM
Thu, Aug. 14, 7:12 AM
Mon, Jul. 21, 9:59 AM| Comment!
Mon, Jun. 23, 10:16 AM
- Cancer Genetics (CGIX +0.3%) signs a non-binding Letter of Intent to acquire privately-held Gentris Corp. for $4.75M ($3.25M in cash plus $1.5M in CGIX stock). Additional performance-based earnouts could add another $1.5M.
- Gentris provides pharmacogenomics, genotyping and biorepository services to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
Mon, Jun. 9, 8:53 AM| Comment!
Thu, May. 15, 1:39 PM
- Investors in thinly traded nano cap Cancer Genetics (CGIX -14.7%) react to the dilutive nature of its acquisition of Hyderabad, India-based BioServe Biotechnologies for $1.9M in CGIX stock and other deferred consideration.
- BioServe's post-transaction name will be Cancer Genetics India Pvt. Ltd. The 33-employee firm provides genomic services including next-gen sequence genotyping and DNA synthesis.
- Management expects the transaction to be accretive in 2015.
Wed, Mar. 26, 4:15 PM| Comment!
Wed, Mar. 5, 8:32 AM
- Nano cap Cancer Genetics' (CGIX) microarray kidney cancer test delivers impressive results in a collaborative study of 188 samples with the Cleveland Clinic. The test demonstrated a sensitivity of 93% and specificity of 99%.
- The company currently offers the test as a service (lab developed test or LDT).
- The test is performed on kidney, either paraffin-embedded or fine needle aspirate requiring only 2 micrograms of tissue.
- 60,000 new cases of kidney cancer occur in the US each year with 14,000 deaths. 200,000 - 240,000 cases require annual assessment.
Nov. 13, 2013, 4:27 PM
Oct. 9, 2013, 8:26 AM
Oct. 2, 2013, 11:41 AM
- Shares of Cancer Genetics (CGIX +4.8%) — which got a big lift last week on an upbeat Aegis initiation — are on the move after Feltl's Ben Haynor ups his price target to $30.50 from $17.50.
- Among the catalysts cited by Haynor: CGIX's expanded relationship with Roche and the debut of the Mantle Cell Lymphoma array.
Sep. 26, 2013, 10:19 AM
- Cancer Genetics (CGIX +15.4%) shares spike after Aegis Capital initiates the molecular diagnostics company at Buy with an 18-month PT of $25 (potential upside of 80%).
- Analyst Raghuram Selvaraju is bullish on Cancer Genetics' "broad pipeline of tests ... both commercialized and under development, and with its ability to generate high-margin revenue from partnerships with biopharmaceutical firms that are seeking to develop theranostic solutions for patients."
- He also thinks the company's CLIA-accredited facility, which can perform a variety of advanced screens, 'provides the sort of flexibility not seen in other molecular diagnostics firms."
Sep. 9, 2013, 1:19 PM
- Cancer Genetics (CGIX -1.5%) says NextGxDx has agreed to offer its genomic-based oncology tests and services through the NextGxDx platform.
- NextGxDx Inc. provides an online genetic testing marketplace for healthcare professionals and hospitals, and CGIX's catalog of more than 100 regulatory approved oncology testing products and solutions will provide for easy search, comparison and ordering.
Aug. 14, 2013, 2:18 PM
Mar. 11, 2013, 2:34 PMCancer Genetics (CGIX), an early-stage diagnostics company focused on developing and commercializing proprietary genomic tests and services to improve the diagnosis, prognosis and response to cancer treatment, lowers its IPO amount to 1.65M shares at an offering price of $10 to $12 per share. The company's previous filing was for 1.85M shares at the same price range. | Comment!
CGIX vs. ETF Alternatives
Cancer Genetics, Inc., is an early-stage diagnostics company focused on developing and commercializing proprietary genomic tests and services to improve and personalize the diagnosis, prognosis and response to treatment of cancer.
Other News & PR