Mon, Oct. 31, 4:26 PM
Sun, Oct. 30, 5:35 PM
Mon, Sep. 26, 2:09 PM
Mon, Sep. 26, 12:48 PM
Mon, Sep. 26, 9:13 AM
Sun, Sep. 25, 11:06 PM
- German-based specialty chemical company Lanxess (OTCPK:LNXSF) agrees to acquire Chemtura (NYSE:CHMT) for ~$2.5B in cash.
- The $33.50/share offer represents an 18.9% premium to the stock’s closing price on Sept. 23.
- Lanxess says the acquisition would expand its business activities in additives for lubricants and flame retardants.
Fri, Sep. 9, 3:41 PM
- Chemtura (CHMT -5.2%) is downgraded to Neutral from Outperform with a $33 price target at Baird on valuation, believing the market is pricing in future execution at current levels and in anticipation of a potential merger or sale of the business.
- "While there could be a deal, we think the transition could be complex, and note CHMT has been looking at options for over a year. Furthermore, given recent transaction multiples, it may be difficult for CHMT to justify a high-cost acquisition," the firm says.
- Baird also expects continued weak demand for clear brine fluids over the long term amid continued project cancellations.
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:42 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:46 PM
- Chemtura (NYSE:CHMT): Q1 EPS of $0.45 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $414M (-5.5% Y/Y) misses by $21.12M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Tue, Apr. 5, 10:59 AM
- Chemtura (CHMT +2.8%) is upgraded to Overweight from Sector Weight at Keybanc Capital, which expects the company to benefit from higher bromine prices, improved manufacturing costs and a positive price/cost spread, and that margins in the petroleum additives business may hold up better than anticipated.
- The firm thinks low growth opportunities in the end markets, robust balance sheets and low financing costs are triggering M&A activity in the specialty chemicals sector, and that CHMT and Innospec (IOSP +5.2%) could be buyers or sellers, and the two companies “should consider combining.”
- M&A is a potential catalyst for both names, and "there are merits to the two linking up, strategically amassing greater collective scale and reorienting their combined portfolio toward more attractive end markets,” Keybanc says.
Mon, Feb. 22, 4:40 PM
- Chemtura (NYSE:CHMT): Q4 EPS of $0.44 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $390M (-15.4% Y/Y) misses by $34.81M.
- Shares +0.2%.
Sun, Feb. 21, 5:35 PM
Oct. 28, 2015, 7:50 AM
- Chemtura (NYSE:CHMT): Q3 EPS of $0.45 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $444M (-20.4% Y/Y) misses by $4.37M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AGCO, AIT, AN, ANTM, APO, ARW, BAH, BDC, BGCP, BOKF, BSX, CARB, CFR, CG, CHMT, CMC, COT, DHX, DORM, DX, EVER, EVR, FCAU, FDML, FLIR, GD, GHM, GNRC, GRMN, HES, HLT, HOT, HSY, HTA, ICE, IDXX, IP, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MDLZ, NEE, NMR, NOC, NOV, NSC, OXY, PCG, Q, RDWR, RES, ROL, SAH, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SSE, STRA, TECH, TEL, TGI, TKR, UMC, VLO, VLY, VNTV, WBA, WEX, WOOF, XRAY