Feb. 12, 2015, 12:15 PM
- Building on last night's report about merger chatter, Chinese telecoms marked gains similar to those in Hong Kong with their ADRs on the NYSE.
- Leader China Mobile (NYSE:CHL) is up 2.9%; China Unicom (NYSE:CHU) is up 4.2% and China Telecom (NYSE:CHA) +2.9% on the rumor that the two would merge to better compete with China Mobile.
- China Telecom says it isn't aware of any plan to merge with China Unicom.
- All three finished the Hong Kong market day on heavy volume with China Mobile up 3.9%; China Unicom up 4.3%, and China Telecom up 2.9% (on near quadruple volume).
Feb. 11, 2015, 11:46 PM
- China's telecoms all headed solidly into positive ground in Hong Kong midday Thursday on chatter (translated) that two smaller ones -- China Unicom (NYSE:CHU) and China Telecom (NYSE:CHA) -- would merge.
- The two are a ways behind China Mobile (NYSE:CHL) in terms of 4G network upgrades, and China Mobile is more than double the size of the other two, which might spur Beijing to let a merger go forward.
- In latest Hong Kong trading, on heavy volume: China Telecom +6.8%; China Unicom +5.1%; China Mobile +3%.
- Related: China Telecom Poised For Large Growth Opportunity (Jan. 29 2015)
- Related: 4G Networks Will Boost China Mobile Performance In The Long Run (Oct. 31 2014)
Apr. 13, 2012, 3:44 PMIn spite of rumors to the contrary, Google (GOOG) is unlikely to sell off Motorola Mobility's (MMI) hardware business in the near-term, Taiwanese phone makers tell Digitimes. Separately, the site notes Motorola is entering the burgeoning low-end Chinese Android market via its XT390 phone, which will be sold by China Unicom (CHU). (more on GOOG) | Apr. 13, 2012, 3:44 PM | 1 Comment
China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd. is an investment holding company. The company through its subsidiaries engages in the provision of cellular and fixed-line voice and related value-added services, broadband and other Internet-related services, information communications technology services, and... More
Industry: Wireless Communications
Other News & PR