China Mengniu Dairy Co., Ltd.OTCPK - Current
Oct. 30, 2015, 3:13 AM
- Shares of children-related companies from makers of infant formula to toys and baby products surged in Hong Kong trading today after China lifted its decades-long one-child policy.
- A committee of China's ruling Communist Party on Thursday approved plans to allow all couples to have two children in order to "increase labor supply and ease pressures from an aging population."
- Among the gainers: China Child Care (OTC:PFGHF) +33%; Biostime International (OTC:BTSDF) +15%; Goodbaby International (OTC:GBBYF) +13%; Yashili International +13%; China Mengniu Dairy (OTCPK:CIADF) +7.8%.
- Previously: China abandons one-child policy (Oct. 29 2015)
- Previously: China to lift one-child policy (Oct. 29 2015)
Oct. 24, 2011, 4:23 AMChina Mengniu Dairy (CIADF.PK), the country's largest dairy company, may bid for Pfizer's (PFE) infant-nutrition business, reports say. However, with the unit expected to fetch up to $10.5B, the acquisition may be hard to pull off for Mengniu, as its market cap is just HK$43.7B ($5.6B). | Oct. 24, 2011, 4:23 AM | 1 Comment