Tue, Aug. 4, 7:06 AM
Mon, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, ALR, AME, ANIP, ARCC, BLMN, BPI, BZH, CAS, CBT, CHD, CHTR, CIE, COH, CRCM, CRTO, CVS, DWRE, EIGI, ELOS, EMR, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FRM, FUN, GEO, GLDD, GLT, H, HAR, HCN, HCP, HEP, HNT, HW, HYH, IIVI, INCY, K, KLIC, LPX, LRN, LXP, MDC, MGM, MLM, MNK, MNTA, MOS, MPW, NAO, NCLH, NGLS, NRG, [[NTi]], NWN, NYLD, ODP, OZM, PH, REGN, RHP, RRD, SABR, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNI, SRE, STE, STWD, TDG, TGH, TICC, TIME, UNT, USAK, VMC, VSH, VTG, WLK, WNR, WPC, WRES, ZTS
Tue, May 5, 7:02 AM
Mon, May 4, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACTA, AFSI, ALLT, AMAG, ANIP, BBEP, BBW, BLMN, BPI, CIE, CLDT, CRTO, CVLT, CYNO, DIS, DISCA, DTV, EIGI, EL, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, GCAP, GLDD, GLT, GTN, GVA, H, HCA, HCP, HEP, HRC, HRS, HW, ICE, ISIS, K, KEM, KLIC, KMT, LPX, MDC, MDCO, MMP, MNK, MSO, NBL, NGLS, NNN, [[NTi]], NWN, ODP, OZM, PRIM, SABR, SALE, SBH, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SRE, SSE, STWD, TDG, TECH, TGH, TRW, TW, UAM, USAK, VLP, VMC, VSH, WEC, WNR, YORW, ZTS
Mon, Feb. 23, 10:58 AM
- Cobalt Energy (CIE -8.5%) is sharply lower after reporting a larger than expected Q4 loss amid $126M in impairments on a pair of failed exploration wells drilled off Angola.
- Although CIE expects its 2015 capital and operating expenditures to be essentially flat at $800M-$900M, more than 80% of the 2015 capital program is directed toward appraisal and development projects vs. less than 40% for 2014.
- CIE says the shift reflects the progression of its business and its intention to direct most of its capital toward turning exploration successes into production and revenue while continuing to explore at a pace appropriate for its balance sheet.
- CIE also says it executed a commitment letter with Société Générale for a $150M senior secured reserve-based loan facility to fund the majority of its share of the remaining Heidelberg field development costs.
Mon, Feb. 23, 7:04 AM
Sun, Feb. 22, 5:30 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 7:19 AM
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AER, AFSI, AKS, ALLT, ARCC, ARCO, ARRY, ATRO, AYR, BABA, BDX, BKW, BLMN, CCG, CIE, CLDT, CONE, CVS, DISCA, DISH, DWRE, DX, EL, EMR, ENBL, EOG, ETR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GDP, GLT, HCLP, HCN, HCP, HEP, HMSY, HPT, HSNI, HW, ICE, IFF, IMN, IP, IPXL, IRC, IRWD, KORS, LINC, LINE, LNCE, MFA, MSI, MWW, NCT, NGLS, NNN, NTI, NWN, ODP, OZM, PCLN, PPL, RBA, REGN, RESI, RGS, RHP, RIGL, RRGB, SC, SGNT, SRE, TESO, TGH, TICC, TIME, TLM, TRP, VLO, VMC, VSI, WLK, WNR, WRES, ZBRA, ZTS
Aug. 5, 2014, 8:58 AM
- Cobalt Energy (NYSE:CIE) -6.9% premarket after reporting a greater than expected Q2 loss, as dry-hole costs and seismic expenses rose.
- CIE says it is moving forward on development of its Cameia project, targeting the formal sanction of the project by the end of 2014 and first production from the development in 2017.
- In connection with a previously disclosed investigation, CIE says it has received a Wells Notice from the SEC that an enforcement action has been instituted against the company; CIE says its activities in Angola have complied with all laws, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:05 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
May 1, 2014, 9:59 AM
- Cobalt Energy (CIE +4%) opens higher after Q1 earnings beat estimates, and operating costs and expenses totaled ~$47M vs. $112.4M in the year-ago quarter; no revenue figures were reported.
- The big news was the flow test on CIE's Orca deepwater discovery, which the company says proves sustained oil production capability and could be one of the largest oil fields in Angola.
May 1, 2014, 7:12 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 27, 2014, 2:10 PM
- Cobalt Energy (CIE +6.3%) advances despite reporting a worse than expected Q4 loss, on news that a new well recently completed off the Angola coast could contain 400M-700M barrels of crude oil.
- CIE says analysis of the Orca No. 1 deepwater pre-salt exploratory well in Angola's Kwanza basin confirmed the existence of a large light oil reservoir and a thin condensate and gas cap in the upper section of the well.
- The well is CIE's fifth consecutive pre-salt discovery in the Kwanza basin.
CIE vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR