Cincinnati Financial CorporationNASDAQ
Tue, Oct. 4, 3:44 PM
- "We would wait to buy the P&C (re)insurance stocks until after Matthew passes and note the stocks tend to rebound post landfall when damages are not as bad as feared,” says the team at JPMorgan.
- Expected to hit Florida late Thursday, Matthew could dump as much as 10 inches of rain over parts of the state.
- Chubb (CB -0.8%), Allstate (ALL -0.8%), Progressive (PGR -0.6%), Travelers (TRV -0.4%), Universal (UVE -4.5%), HCI Group (HCI -2.6%), United Insurance (UIHC -1.9%), Cincinnati Financial (CINF -0.8%).
Fri, Aug. 12, 4:54 PM
- Kenneth Stecher, chairman at Cincinnati Financial (NASDAQ:CINF), will retire from active employment and executive responsibilities within the next six months, the company says.
- The 70-year-old Stecher has been on the board since 2008 and held several positions in his career, including president, chief financial officer and chief executive officer.
- He had joined the company through its acquisition of Inter-Ocean Life Insurance in 1973.
Fri, Aug. 12, 3:37 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:06 AM
- July monthly performance was: +2.28%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- No dividends were paid in July
- Top 10 Holdings as of 6/30/2016: McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.25805%, Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): 2.25221%, AT&T Inc (T): 2.2047%, C.R. Bard Inc (BCR): 2.20417%, Clorox Co (CLX): 2.19531%, Consolidated Edison Inc (ED): 2.18289%, Sysco Corp (SYY): 2.15335%, Medtronic PLC (MDT): 2.13378%, Cintas Corp (CTAS): 2.12501%, Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): 2.10475%
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:53 PM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Thu, Jul. 14, 4:17 PM
- Pretax catastrophe losses are expected to be $160M-$170M, representing an impact on the combined ratio of 14.4-15.3 percentage points.
- The 10-year average Q2 contribution of cat losses to the combined ratio os 13.4 percentage points.
- Including the cat losses, the combined ratio for CINF for Q2 should be 98-101%.
- Roughly one-third of Q2's cat losses came from hail damage to commercial properties in the San Antonio area.
Fri, Jul. 1, 7:03 AM
- June monthly performance was: +2.86%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- $0.25 in dividends were paid in June
- Top 10 Holdings as of 5/31/2016: S&P Global Inc (SPGI): 2.15464%, Archer-Daniels Midland Co (ADM): 2.15039%, Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): 2.13109%, McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.10728%, C.R. Bard Inc (BCR): 2.10554%, Cintas Corp (CTAS): 2.10524%, Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): 2.10068%, Lowe's Companies Inc (LOW): 2.09886%, Brown-Forman Corp Class B (BF.B): 2.09499%, Pentair PLC (PNR): 2.09495%
Mon, May 2, 9:57 AM
- Cincinnati Financial (NASDAQ:CINF) declares $0.48/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.91%
- Payable July 15; for shareholders of record June 22; ex-div June 20.
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:34 PM
- Cincinnati Financial (NASDAQ:CINF): Q1 EPS of $0.89 beats by $0.19.
- Revenue of $1.36B (+6.3% Y/Y) beats by $130M.
- Shares +1.9%.
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AFL, AIZ, AKAM, ARAY, ARI, ASH, AXS, BEAT, BLDP, BRX, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, BYD, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CMG, COF, CREE, CRUS, CUDA, CVA, EBAY, EEFT, EQR, EW, EXAC, FE, FOE, FSP, FTI, FTNT, HAWK, HIW, HLS, HUBG, IRBT, ISIL, JBSS, JBT, KLAC, MKTO, MRCY, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NCR, NUVA, O, PEI, PNRA, PSA, PSB, RHI, RMD, RNR, SKT, SLCA, T, TEX, TMK, TSS, TWTR, TX, ULTI, VNTV, WNC, WRB, X, ZIXI
Mon, Apr. 4, 7:23 AM
- March monthly performance was: +6.87%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +5%
- No dividends were paid in March
- Top 10 Holdings as of 2/29/2016: Nucor Corp (NUE): 2.35%, Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW): 2.18%, Genuine Parts Co (GPC): 2.17%, Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): 2.16%, Emerson Electric Co (EMR): 2.16%, Target Corp (TGT): 2.16%, Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): 2.15%, W W Grainger Inc (GWW): 2.15%, McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.11%, 3M Co (MMM): 2.11%
Wed, Feb. 17, 11:52 AM
- It's been a tough start to the year for commercial mortgage-backed securities, and insurers tend to hold this sort of paper in their fixed-income portfolios. Sandler O'Neill's John Barnidge checks on just how much:
- While in general, life insurers tend to have more exposure than property & casualty players, Barnidge was surprised at some high levels among the P&C names. Leading was Conifer (CNFR -3.9%) with 44.4% exposure. State Auto Financial (STFC -2.3%) is at 23.7%. Among large-caps, Progressive (PGR +1.1%) is tops with 17%, while XL Group (XL -1.1%), Cincinnati Financial (CINF +0.5%), Travelers (TRV +1.3%), and Allstate (ALL +0.5%) all have less than 5% exposure.
Wed, Feb. 3, 4:10 PM
- Cincinnati Financial (NASDAQ:CINF): Q4 EPS of $1.10 beats by $0.20.
- Revenue of $1.26B (flat Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAV, ALL, AVB, AWH, BDN, BRKS, BWLD, BXP, CACI, CBL, CCK, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CPST, DHT, ENH, EPM, EXAR, FBHS, GEOS, GLUU, GPRO, HIVE, HUBG, ICUI, IMPV, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MCHP, MDU, MET, MNR, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, NE, NXPI, OSUR, PACB, PCL, PMT, PNNT, RE, RGLD, RRTS, SFLY, SPSC, TIS, TMK, TTWO, TWO, UHAL, WFT, WSTL, XL, YUM
Fri, Jan. 29, 3:13 PM
- Cincinnati Financial (NASDAQ:CINF) declares $0.48/share quarterly dividend, 4.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.46.
- Forward yield 3.37%
- Payable April 15; for shareholders of record March 23; ex-div March 21.