What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Jan. 13, 9:09 AM
- Shaw Communications (NYSE:SJR) is up 15% premarket on news that Corus Entertainment (OTCPK:CJREF) has a deal to buy Shaw Media for C$2.65B (about $1.86B).
- Corus was originally formed from a split of media assets from Shaw in 1999. It will pay some C$1.85B in cash and the rest in class B shares.
- Shaw Media's channels, including Food Network Canada, History Television, National Geographic Canada, Nat Geo Wild Canada and DIY Network Canada, will boost Corus in segments tied to women, children and family. The result will be a "combined portfolio with significant scale, including 45 specialty television channels, 39 radio stations, digital assets, the content studio, Nelvana, and 15 conventional television stations."
- It's expected to close in Q3 and be immediately accretive to EPS and free cash flow per share.
Nov. 19, 2015, 5:15 PM
- Bell Media (BCE +1.2%) has signed a deal with Time Warner (TWX -1.1%) to become Canada's exclusive home for HBO programming "into the next decade."
- The comprehensive multi-year deal covers all platforms, with Bell gaining the ability to deliver current and library programming via its linear, on-demand and over-the-top channels in English and French.
- With the move, Bell Media is also expanding The Movie Network into a national pay TV service and becoming the sole operator of HBO Canada via a C$211M payment to Corus Entertainment (OTCPK:CJREF -2.5%), which is exiting pay TV to focus on its core media brands.
- HBO content will be delivered by one company across Canada for the first time. French-language HBO programs will continue to be distributed via Bell's Super Écran pay service.
- BCE and HBO also set a development deal to make premium, Canada-made content for a global stage.
Apr. 16, 2015, 5:21 PM
- Corus Entertainment (OTCPK:CJREF) has become the first Canadian company to secure licensing rights to Disney Channel content, and plans to roll out the channel Sept. 1.
- Canadian customers previously changed to the Family Channel to see Disney content, but with the rights transfer, that channel is changing lineups entirely. DHX Media (OTC:DMQHF, OTC:DMXHF) says it will rebrand stations to extend the Family brand across its channel suite.
Jan. 14, 2014, 7:54 AM
- Corus Entertainment (CJREF) announces Class A shares monthly dividend C$0.0904 , 6.9% increase from prior dividend of C$0.0845.
- Forward yield 4.80%.
- The dividend is payable on 28 Feb, 31 Mar, 30 Apr to share holders on record of 14 Feb, 14 Mar, 15 Apr respectively.
- Additionally, the board announced 6.9% increase in monthly dividend of Class B shares to C$0.0908, payable along with Class A shares.
Jan. 14, 2014, 7:20 AM
- Corus Entertainment (CJREF): FQ1 EPS of C$0.65 beats by C$0.03.
- Revenue of C$226M (+7.7% Y/Y)
- Management comment: We have again benefited from our disciplined focus on cost controls, delivering excellent margins this quarter in the face of slow economic growth and tough year-over-year comparables in our merchandising business.