Core Laboratories: Near-Term Risks, Long-Term Opportunities
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Thu, Oct. 20, 2:02 PM
Wed, Oct. 19, 4:13 PM
Tue, Oct. 18, 5:35 PM
Tue, Oct. 11, 4:41 PM
Thu, Oct. 6, 12:19 PM
- Core Labs (CLB +1%) is initiated with a Buy rating and $136 price target at DA Davidson, which believes CLB's current stock premium is more than justified given the company’s superior returns, competitive positioning and lower capital requirements.
- Davidson says CLB is “a rare oil service stock that can outperform throughout the cycle,” and that the company’s innovation and cutting edge technologies have helped create meaningful value for not only its own shareholders but for those of its clients.
- The firm says a key component of CLB’s strategy has been to broaden the services and products available to clients globally, and the company now boasts an international platform spanning 50 countries and more than 70 field offices.
Fri, Jul. 22, 6:52 PM
- Core Laboratories (NYSE:CLB) -1.6% AH after disclosing that it was contacted by the U.S. Department of Justice about a probe into Unaoil.
- News reports several months ago discussed Unaoil and the Monaco oil services contractor's activities related international projects involving several global companies, including CLB, and that the DoJ was conducting a related investigation of Unaoil.
- Earlier this week, the U.K.'s Serious Fraud Office said it was conducting a criminal investigation into Unaoil on allegations of "bribery, corruption and money laundering."
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:14 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jul. 7, 4:17 PM
Wed, May 11, 8:12 PM
- Core Laboratories (NYSE:CLB) has priced an (upsized) public offering, for 1.475M shares.
- Gross proceeds of the offering will be about $175M, putting the price at just under $119/share. Shares were off 1.7% after hours to quote at $120.60.
- The sole underwriter (Credit Suisse) has a 30-day option to buy up to 221,250 additional shares. The offering is set to close next Tuesday.
- Now read Core Labs Does It Again »
Wed, May 11, 5:14 PM| Wed, May 11, 5:14 PM | 1 Comment
Thu, Apr. 21, 3:48 PM
- Core Labs (CLB +5.3%) powers higher even after a mixed Q1 earnings report, as the company suggests only one more quarter of struggling remains.
- CLB says Q2 "should mark the bottom of our anticipated 'V-shaped' worldwide commodity recovery that should lead to increased crude oil prices followed by increased industry activity levels worldwide."
- CLB issues in-line Q2 guidance, seesing EPS of $0.34-0.36 vs. $0.35 analyst consensus estimate on revenues of $145M-$150M vs. $146M consensus.
- CLB says its legacy deepwater Gulf of Mexico projects could add a net 200K bbl/day of oil in 2016, slightly offsetting the material onshore declines that are expected during the year.
- Now read Core Labs: Primed to outperform the oil services sector
Wed, Apr. 20, 4:48 PM
- Core Laboratories (NYSE:CLB): Q1 EPS of $0.37 in-line.
- Revenue of $153.7M (-28.1% Y/Y) misses by $4.76M.
Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM| Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM | 16 Comments
Thu, Apr. 14, 4:48 PM
- Core Laboratories (NYSE:CLB) declares $0.55/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.95%
- Payable May 24; for shareholders of record May 4; ex-div May 2.
Wed, Jan. 27, 4:55 PM
- Core Laboratories (NYSE:CLB): Q4 EPS of $0.65 in-line.
- Revenue of $182.7M (-34.4% Y/Y) beats by $3.86M.