Mon, Sep. 21, 10:18 AM
- Starwood Waypoint (SWAY +9.3%) is sharply higher after announcing its merger with Colony Capital's (CLNY +2.7%) Colony American Homes.
- With M&A (and the quick scale-up and cost savings that come with it) in the air, Silver Bay Realty (SBY +1.7%), American Homes 4 Rent (AMH +2.6%), and American Residential Properties (ARPI +2.2%) are also on the move.
Nov. 5, 2014, 9:48 AM
- The tie-up will combine the management capabilities of Colony Capital with the holdings of Colony Financial (CLNY +5.7%). "You have a real estate asset manager that is capital-light,” says Sterne Agee's Jason Weaver. “People tend to like that business model, that trades at a higher valuation than the normal REIT, which will throw off a consistent dividend and trade at a REIT-style valuation.”
- There may be more coming, says Weaver: “The fact that they are going to become a huge asset manager with $19B in equity and still maintain the REIT status says to me that this isn’t the only step in the puzzle."
- Weaver this morning upgrades the stock to a Buy.
- Previously: Colony Financial agrees in principle to become self-managed
Nov. 5, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Gainers: CRTO +19%. JIVE +17%. YOD +16%. TTPH +12%. IBIO +11%. AEZS +9%. EXEL +8%. CLNY +7%. ANR +7%. ROYT +7%. EOG +6%. PHMD +6%. NICE +6%. VPCO +6%. ATVI +5%. VG +5%. CTSH +5%. WLT +5%. MACK +5%.
- Losers: CHUY -24%. NUS -22%. FEYE -16%. ZU -14%. TRIP -13%. SSYS -8%. MEMP -7%. NG -6%. ANV -6%. ARIA -6%. AWAY -6%.
Jul. 16, 2014, 4:12 PM
Jan. 22, 2014, 5:45 PM
Jan. 3, 2014, 9:51 AM
Feb. 25, 2013, 5:52 PM
Colony Capital Inc is a real estate & investment management company. It acquires, invests, finances & manages a diversified portfolio of real estate-related debt & equity investments composed of acquired & originated loans.
Other News & PR