Clearwater Paper CorporationNYSE
Clearwater Paper: Pulp Fiction?
Timberwolf Equity Research
Timberwolf Equity Research
Thu, Nov. 17, 1:47 PM
- Paper stocks jump after International Paper (IP +1.4%) CEO Mark Sutton says demand for containerboard is growing globally.
- IP is presenting today at the Vertical Research Partners Conference.
- Sector movers include KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +4.7%), Clearwater Paper (CLW +2.1%) and Packaging Corp of America (PKG +1.3%).
Fri, Oct. 21, 12:00 PM
Fri, Oct. 21, 11:41 AM
- Clearwater Paper (CLW -6.7%) is down sharply, despite beating estimates with its Q3 report. Shares are their lowest level since the middle part of September.
- Revenue from the pulp and paperboard division fell 4% Q/Q on lower volume and pricing.
- CEO Linda Massman on the CC: "We’re expecting revenue dollars to be down 6% to 8%, shipment volumes and price mix are expected to decline due to seasonality."
- Conference call transcript
- Previously: Clearwater Paper beats by $0.01, beats on revenue (Oct. 20)
Thu, Oct. 20, 4:22 PM
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:35 PM
Thu, Oct. 13, 11:09 AM
- Paper stock are showing some weakness on concerns raised by Cleveland Research on containerboard pricing.
- International Paper (IP -1.9%), WestRock (WRK -3.1%), KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS -2.8%), Clearwater Paper (CLW -1.5%), and Packaging Corp of America (PKG -2.2%) are all lower.
- Previously: Paper stocks slump on pricing anxiety (Oct. 5)
Thu, Aug. 25, 3:08 PM
- Paper stocks are higher on word that pricing will increase in the sector. The analysis is based off a look at October contracts.
- Buckingham Research is on top of the siutuation, already tweeting that it raised price targets on International Paper (IP +4.2%), Packaging Corp of America (PKG +2.7%), and WestRock (WRK +5.3%).
- KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +6.4%) and Clearwater Paper (CLW +1.2%) also broke higher in afternoon trading.
Thu, Jul. 21, 4:21 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:35 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:45 PM
- Clearwater Paper (NYSE:CLW): Q1 EPS of $1.09 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $437.20M (+0.7% Y/Y) beats by $8.12M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Wed, Feb. 10, 4:25 PM
- Clearwater Paper (NYSE:CLW): Q4 EPS of $0.75 misses by $0.24.
- Revenue of $431.6M (-8.6% Y/Y) beats by $11.63M.
Tue, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AEM, AFFX, ANDE, APDN, BGC, BRKR, CDE, CGNX, CLW, CNO, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CUZ, CXW, CYS, EFX, ENSG, EXPE, FLO, FMC, FNF, FORR, GHDX, GPRE, HDP, HNI, HUBS, IFF, IO, IRBT, JCOM, KGC, LGND, LOCK, LPSN, MOSY, MYL, NSIT, O, OHI, OII, ORLY, PPC, PRI, PRU, PXD, QUIK, REG, RYN, SB, SCI, SKX, TCO, TSLA, TTGT, TWTR, VNDA, WFM, ZNGA
Mon, Jan. 25, 2:34 PM
- Concerns over pricing are running up and down the paper and packaging sector.
- A drop in prices during January could lead to even further erosion down the road warns, Citi.
- Downgrades: Citi lowers International Paper (IP -10.5%) and Packaging Corp. of America (PKG -13.1%) to Neutral from Buy, BAML takes Westrock (WRK -13.8%) to Neutral from Buy, Macquarie slams KapStone Paper & Packaging (KS -21.8%) with an Underperform rating.
- Also showing weakness are Domtar (UFS -7.4%), Orchids Paper Products (TIS -1.9%), P H Glatfelter (GLT -9.2%), and Clearwater Paper (CLW -6.4%).
Dec. 15, 2015, 7:17 AM
- Clearwater Paper (NYSE:CLW) announces that the board approved a new $100M buyback program.
- The new buyback replaces a prior authorization of the same amount approved about a year ago.
- The company expects to fund buybacks through cash on hand.
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:44 PM
- Clearwater Paper (NYSE:CLW): Q3 EPS of $1.28 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $442.22M (-13.5% Y/Y) misses by $4.45M.