The Clorox CompanyNYSE
Wed, Sep. 14, 6:07 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 10:21 AM
- Clorox (CLX +1.4%) reports sales rose 3% in FQ4 driven by strong volume growth of 7%, the acquisition of digestive health company and price increases in the company's International business.
- Gross margin rate fell 20 bps to 45.4% due to the impacts from higher manufacturing and logistics costs, unfavorable mix, one-time integration costs related to the RenewLife acquisition and higher trade promotion spending.
- Segment revenue: Cleaning: $493M (+6%, 12% volume growth), Household: $609M (+5%, 7% volume growth), Lifestyle: $254M (+4%, 5% volume growth), International: $244M (-9%, 1% volume growth ).
- FY2017 Guidance: Sales: 2% to +4%; EBIT margin: +25 bps to +50 bps; Adjusted EPS: $5.13 to $5.28; Tax rate: 30% to 31%.
Wed, Aug. 3, 6:31 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AFAM, ALE, APO, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLDT, CLH, CLX, CRL, CROX, CRTO, CSTE, CWEI, D, DDD, DIN, DLPH, DM, DNOW, DOC, EE, ENR, FCPT, FUN, GEL, HFC, HUM, HYH, ICE, ING, INSY, INXN, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LINC, LMOS, MDC, MEMP, MFA, MTOR, NBL, NSM, NVMI, ODP, ORBK, OXY, PERI, POR, RRD, SBGI, SC, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SMG, SMP, SPR, SR, SUM, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VER, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, XEL, ZTS
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:06 AM
- July monthly performance was: +2.28%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- No dividends were paid in July
- Top 10 Holdings as of 6/30/2016: McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.25805%, Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): 2.25221%, AT&T Inc (T): 2.2047%, C.R. Bard Inc (BCR): 2.20417%, Clorox Co (CLX): 2.19531%, Consolidated Edison Inc (ED): 2.18289%, Sysco Corp (SYY): 2.15335%, Medtronic PLC (MDT): 2.13378%, Cintas Corp (CTAS): 2.12501%, Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): 2.10475%
Wed, Jul. 13, 11:35 AM
- It's steady as she goes again for the group of well-known consumer staples stocks that investors continue to find appealing amid global volatility and low interest rates.
- Procter & Gamble (PG +0.2%), Colgate-Palmolive (CL +0.4%), Clorox (CLX +0.6%), Kimbery-Clark (KMB +0.3%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.2%), PepsiCo (PEP +0.7%), Altria Group (MO +0.5%), Philip Morris International (PM +0.1%), Church & Dwight (CHD +0.3%), and Unilever (UN, UL) have all outperformed the S&P 500 Index this year with returns ranging from 7% to 18%. Kraft Heinz (KHC +1%), Energizer (ENR -0.6%), Hershey (HSY +0.4%), Campbell Soup (CPB +0.3%), and J.M. Smucker (SJM +0.4%) are all up at least 20% YTD.
- Goldman Sachs has an explanation on why a generous valuation is warranted for the staples favorites.
- "We raise our average Staples target multiples to 20-22X P/E, up from the 19-20X range prior, to reflect the recent decline in 10-year yield as well as some likelihood of a slower rise in yield over the next 12 months and broader market volatility," wrote the MNST)+(NYSE:STZ)+(NYSE:PF)/11822884.html" target="_blank">analyst team covering the sector in a note to investors.
- Top consumer staples picks from GS include Monster Beverage (MNST +0.4%), Constellation Brands (STZ +0.2%), Pinnacle Foods (PF +1.2%), and Post Holdings (POST +0.5%).
- Consumer staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC.
Thu, Jun. 2, 7:46 AM
- May monthly performance was: +0.76%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- No dividends were paid in May
- Top 10 Holdings as of 4/30/2016: Consolidated Edison Inc (ED): 2.09%, Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): 2.07%, S&P Global Inc (SPGI): 2.07%, Brown-Forman Corp Class B (BF.B): 2.07%, Colgate-Palmolive Co (CL): 2.06%, C.R. Bard Inc (BCR): 2.05%, Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): 2.05%, W.W. Grainger Inc (GWW): 2.05%, Clorox Co (CLX): 2.05%, McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.05%
Tue, May 17, 1:52 AM
Tue, May 3, 8:32 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) announces it purchased Renew Life for $290M plus some potential post-closing adjustments.
- The Renew Life dietary health business generated $115M in sales last year and had a gross margin rate roughly in line with that struck up by Clorox.
- The acquisition falls in line with Clorox's plan to pursue strategic bolt-on acquisitions.
- Previously: Clorox beats by $0.10, beats on revenue (May 3)
- Previously: Clorox positive after earnings beat in FQ3 (May 3)
Tue, May 3, 8:18 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) reports sales grew 5% if the impact of currency swings is backed out in FQ3.
- Volume rose 4%, reflecting gains across all the business segments.
- Gross margin rate improved 210 bps to 45.3% driven primarily by the benefits of favorable commodity costs, cost savings and price increases.
- Segment revenue: Cleaning: $465M (+5%, 5% volume growth), Household: $467M (+4%, 3% volume growth), Lifestyle: $254M (+5%, 4% volume growth), International: $240M (+9%, 4% volume growth ).
- FY2016 Guidance: Sales: 1% to +2%; EBIT margin: +50 bps; Diluted EPS: $4.85 to $4.95; Tax rate: 34% to 35%.
- CLX +1.17% premarket.
Tue, May 3, 6:35 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX): FQ3 EPS of $1.21 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $1.42B (+1.4% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Fri, Apr. 29, 3:03 PM
- Low volatility stocks are besting the broader averages this year, with the SPLV up 3% and the USMV up 4% vs. the 0.7% advance for the S&P 500.
- While the consumer staples that make up much of the low vol names are expected to do well in the rocky times seen in 2016, at 21x earnings, they're getting pricey.
- Picking through individual names though, Barclays' Jonathan Glionna has come up with a list of low volatility names which can still be deemed not expensive.
- In consumer staples: AutoZone (NYSE:AZO), Darden (NYSE:DRI), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), Clorox (NYSE:CLX), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), CVS, Hormel (NYSE:HRL), J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM).
- In utilities: Entergy (NYSE:ETR), PG&E (NYSE:PCG), PPL.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:33 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) declares $0.77/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.39%
- Payable May 6; for shareholders of record April 20; ex-div April 18.
Mon, Feb. 8, 2:26 PM
- Investors are taking refuge in some weathered stocks in the consumer goods sector.
- Procter & Gamble (PG +0.9%), Hershey (HSY +2.2%), Altria (MO +0.3%), Hormel (HRL +1.9%), Clorox (CLX +1.8%), and Post Holdings (POST +0.4%) are all making gains despite the 375-point slide in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- The Consumer Staples Select ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is down 1%, compared to the much steeper losses in the tech and financials sectors.
Thu, Feb. 4, 8:00 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) reports sales rose 3% on a currency-neutral basis in FQ2.
- Volume was up 1% during the period.
- Gross margin increased 210 bps to 44.6% as favorable commodity costs pitched in. The margin rate was the highest in five years for a FQ2.
- Segment revenue: Cleaning $457M (+2%, 2% volume growth), Household $375M (+1%, flat volume growth), Lifestyle $251M (+2%, 2% volume growth), International $262M (-7%, flat volume growth).
- The company expects flat to 1% sales growth for FY16 and EPS of $4.75-$4.90 vs. $4.68-$4.83 prior and $4.88 consensus.
- CLX unchanged in premarket action.