The Clorox CompanyNYSE
Tue, Nov. 15, 11:04 PM
Tue, Nov. 15, 3:19 AM
- Many multinationals sold their Venezuelan operations at hefty discounts earlier this year - or even gave them away - seeking to escape the nation's soaring inflation and chronic supply shortages.
- Six firms, including General Mills (NYSE:GIS) and Harvest Natural Resources (NYSE:HNR), offloaded their operations for as little as half their assessed value, while Clorox (NYSE:CLX) and Kimberly-Clark (NYSE:KMB) chose to abandon their local operations.
Wed, Nov. 2, 6:50 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) reports sales increased 6% if the impact of currency swings is backed out in FQ1.
- Volume rose 8%, reflecting gains in all the business segments.
- Gross margin rate decreased 60 bps to 44.4% driven primarily by higher manufacturing and logistics costs impacted by ongoing inflationary pressure and the timing of strategic investments to support growth and cost savings initiatives, unfavorable mix and unfavorable foreign currency exchange rates.
- Segment revenue: Cleaning: $534M (+7%, 13% volume growth), Household: $422M (+3%, 6% volume growth), Lifestyle: $236M (+2%, 1% volume growth), International: $251M (flat, 4% volume growth ).
- FY2017 Guidance: Sales: +2% to +4%; EBIT margin: +25 bps to +50 bps; Diluted EPS: $5.23 to $5.43; Adjusted EPS: $5.13 to $5.28; Tax rate: 32% to 33%.
- CLX -2.08% premarket.
Wed, Nov. 2, 6:36 AM
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ADP, AGN, ALKS, AMSC, ANTM, ARCC, ARCO, ASC, BABA, BAH, BDC, BG, BTE, CBB, CCJ, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLH, CLX, CRL, CRTO, CSTE, DLPH, DNOW, DOC, EE, EL, EMES, FLWS, FUN, GLDD, GPT, HCN, HEP, HSIC, HST, HYH, INGR, INXN, IPI, JLL, KATE, MMP, MNTA, MVIS, NRZ, NS, NSM, NVMI, NWN, NYT, ODP, OMAM, ORBC, ORBK, OZM, PCRX, Q, SABR, SBGI, SE, SEP, SHOP, SJR, SNAK, SNR, SRE, STE, STWD, SUM, TEL, TGNA, TMHC, TOWR, TRP, TWX, VER, VMC, VOYA, VSI, WD, YELP, ZTS
Wed, Sep. 14, 6:07 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 10:21 AM
- Clorox (CLX +1.4%) reports sales rose 3% in FQ4 driven by strong volume growth of 7%, the acquisition of digestive health company and price increases in the company's International business.
- Gross margin rate fell 20 bps to 45.4% due to the impacts from higher manufacturing and logistics costs, unfavorable mix, one-time integration costs related to the RenewLife acquisition and higher trade promotion spending.
- Segment revenue: Cleaning: $493M (+6%, 12% volume growth), Household: $609M (+5%, 7% volume growth), Lifestyle: $254M (+4%, 5% volume growth), International: $244M (-9%, 1% volume growth ).
- FY2017 Guidance: Sales: 2% to +4%; EBIT margin: +25 bps to +50 bps; Adjusted EPS: $5.13 to $5.28; Tax rate: 30% to 31%.
Wed, Aug. 3, 6:31 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AFAM, ALE, APO, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLDT, CLH, CLX, CRL, CROX, CRTO, CSTE, CWEI, D, DDD, DIN, DLPH, DM, DNOW, DOC, EE, ENR, FCPT, FUN, GEL, HFC, HUM, HYH, ICE, ING, INSY, INXN, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LINC, LMOS, MDC, MEMP, MFA, MTOR, NBL, NSM, NVMI, ODP, ORBK, OXY, PERI, POR, RRD, SBGI, SC, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SMG, SMP, SPR, SR, SUM, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VER, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, XEL, ZTS
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:06 AM
- July monthly performance was: +2.28%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- No dividends were paid in July
- Top 10 Holdings as of 6/30/2016: McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.25805%, Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): 2.25221%, AT&T Inc (T): 2.2047%, C.R. Bard Inc (BCR): 2.20417%, Clorox Co (CLX): 2.19531%, Consolidated Edison Inc (ED): 2.18289%, Sysco Corp (SYY): 2.15335%, Medtronic PLC (MDT): 2.13378%, Cintas Corp (CTAS): 2.12501%, Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): 2.10475%
Wed, Jul. 13, 11:35 AM
- It's steady as she goes again for the group of well-known consumer staples stocks that investors continue to find appealing amid global volatility and low interest rates.
- Procter & Gamble (PG +0.2%), Colgate-Palmolive (CL +0.4%), Clorox (CLX +0.6%), Kimbery-Clark (KMB +0.3%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.2%), PepsiCo (PEP +0.7%), Altria Group (MO +0.5%), Philip Morris International (PM +0.1%), Church & Dwight (CHD +0.3%), and Unilever (UN, UL) have all outperformed the S&P 500 Index this year with returns ranging from 7% to 18%. Kraft Heinz (KHC +1%), Energizer (ENR -0.6%), Hershey (HSY +0.4%), Campbell Soup (CPB +0.3%), and J.M. Smucker (SJM +0.4%) are all up at least 20% YTD.
- Goldman Sachs has an explanation on why a generous valuation is warranted for the staples favorites.
- "We raise our average Staples target multiples to 20-22X P/E, up from the 19-20X range prior, to reflect the recent decline in 10-year yield as well as some likelihood of a slower rise in yield over the next 12 months and broader market volatility," wrote the MNST)+(NYSE:STZ)+(NYSE:PF)/11822884.html" target="_blank">analyst team covering the sector in a note to investors.
- Top consumer staples picks from GS include Monster Beverage (MNST +0.4%), Constellation Brands (STZ +0.2%), Pinnacle Foods (PF +1.2%), and Post Holdings (POST +0.5%).
- Consumer staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC.
Thu, Jun. 2, 7:46 AM
- May monthly performance was: +0.76%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- No dividends were paid in May
- Top 10 Holdings as of 4/30/2016: Consolidated Edison Inc (ED): 2.09%, Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): 2.07%, S&P Global Inc (SPGI): 2.07%, Brown-Forman Corp Class B (BF.B): 2.07%, Colgate-Palmolive Co (CL): 2.06%, C.R. Bard Inc (BCR): 2.05%, Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): 2.05%, W.W. Grainger Inc (GWW): 2.05%, Clorox Co (CLX): 2.05%, McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.05%
Tue, May 17, 1:52 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) declares $0.80/share quarterly dividend, 3.9% increase from prior dividend of $0.77.
- Forward yield 2.42%
- Payable Aug. 12; for shareholders of record July 27; ex-div July 25.
Tue, May 3, 8:32 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) announces it purchased Renew Life for $290M plus some potential post-closing adjustments.
- The Renew Life dietary health business generated $115M in sales last year and had a gross margin rate roughly in line with that struck up by Clorox.
- The acquisition falls in line with Clorox's plan to pursue strategic bolt-on acquisitions.
- Previously: Clorox beats by $0.10, beats on revenue (May 3)
- Previously: Clorox positive after earnings beat in FQ3 (May 3)
Tue, May 3, 8:18 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX) reports sales grew 5% if the impact of currency swings is backed out in FQ3.
- Volume rose 4%, reflecting gains across all the business segments.
- Gross margin rate improved 210 bps to 45.3% driven primarily by the benefits of favorable commodity costs, cost savings and price increases.
- Segment revenue: Cleaning: $465M (+5%, 5% volume growth), Household: $467M (+4%, 3% volume growth), Lifestyle: $254M (+5%, 4% volume growth), International: $240M (+9%, 4% volume growth ).
- FY2016 Guidance: Sales: 1% to +2%; EBIT margin: +50 bps; Diluted EPS: $4.85 to $4.95; Tax rate: 34% to 35%.
- CLX +1.17% premarket.
Tue, May 3, 6:35 AM
- Clorox (NYSE:CLX): FQ3 EPS of $1.21 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $1.42B (+1.4% Y/Y) beats by $10M.