Fri, Sep. 2, 7:39 AM
- Average daily volume at CME Group this August of 13.8M contracts was down 15% from a year ago, but August 2015 experienced a major market panic, so activity could hardly be expected to keep up.
- YTD averaged daily volume of 15.5M contracts is up 9% from the same period in 2015.
- Interest rate volume in August of 7.1M contracts per day fell 11% Y/Y, though Fed Funds ADV of 134K rose 12%.
- Equity index volume of 2.3M contracts per day fell 37% Y/Y.
Wed, Aug. 31, 7:28 AM| Wed, Aug. 31, 7:28 AM | 4 Comments
Wed, Aug. 3, 11:59 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 8:07 AM
- July average daily volume at CME Group of 14.1M contracts was up 10% from one year ago.
- Though a small part of overall action, metals volume of 503K contracts per day was up 32% Y/Y. Energy volume of 2.2M gained 20%.
- Interest rate volume of 6.8M contracts rose 14%. Equity index volume of 2.6M contracts added 1%. Ag volume of 1.3M contracts was up 5%.
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:14 AM
- Q2 adjusted net income of $387M or $1.14 per share vs. $335.8M and $0.99 one year ago.
- Average daily volume of 15.1M contracts up 13% Y/Y. Clearing and transaction fee revenue of $768M up 13%. Average rate per contract of $0.782 vs. $0.777.
- Operating expenses of $343.1M vs. $324.9M a year ago.
- CC at 8:30 ET
- Previously: CME beats by $0.03, misses on revenue (July 28)
- CME flat premarket
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:03 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Tue, Jul. 5, 8:56 AM
- CME Group posted average daily volume in Q2 of 15.1M contracts per day, up 13% from one year earlier. For June, ADV of 16.4M contracts per day was 13% higher than the previous year.
- Metals volume jumped 45% Y/Y, but at 483K contracts per day, constitutes a small portion of CME action.
- Energy volume of 2.3M gained 33%.
- Equity index volume of 3.5M rose 24%.
- Interest rate volume of 7.3M added 5%.
- Ag volume of 1.8M was 4% higher, and FX volume of 1M grew 3%.
Thu, Jun. 9, 4:32 PM
- A lawmaker from that cash-strapped state has proposed a financial transaction tax, estimating as much as $12B per year could be raised.
- Calling the tax a "ridiculous" one which would destroy his business, CME Group President Terry Duffy promises to pull his company out of the state were it to become law. He notes CME has 28 other data centers around the country which would be very welcoming of a move there.
Thu, Jun. 2, 8:21 AM
- May volume of 14.9M contracts per day was up 6% Y/Y. Options volume of 2.8M contracts per day was up 10%. End-of-month open interest of 113M contracts up 23% since the start of 2016.
- Leading volume gains were energy of 2.2M contracts, up 28%; equity index of 2.6M contracts, up 23%; ag volume of 1.4M contracts, up 22%.
- Interest rate contracts are the big bangers at CME, however, and average volume of 7.5M fell 5% from last year.
- In other news, CME gets a boost to its Asia-Pacific operation as it's granted a license to clear interest rate swaps in Japan.
Wed, May 18, 6:18 AM
Tue, May 3, 7:38 AM
- CME April volume at an average of 13.8M contracts per day was up 21% from one year ago. Total open interest at month-end of110M contracts up 20% Y/Y.
- Included in this was agricultural volume at a record 1.9M contracts per day, up 52% from one year ago.
- Interest rate volume of 5.5M contracts gained 8% Y/Y, including a doubling in Fed Funds futures to 103K.
- Equity index volume of 2.7M up 29% Y/Y.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Apr. 28, 7:30 AM
- Q1 adjusted income of $390M or $1.15 per share vs. $329.5M and $0.98 one year ago.
- Clearing and transaction fees of $796.1M vs. $708.2M a year ago. Market data and information services of $102.4M vs. $98M. Access and communication fees of $21.6M vs. $21.3M.
- Compensation and benefits of $131.9M down from $141.3M a year ago.
- Average daily volume of 16.9M contracts vs. 15M in Q1 last year. Average rate per contract of $0.756 vs. $0.753.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- Previously: CME EPS in-line, misses on revenue (April 28)
- CME flat premarket
Thu, Apr. 28, 7:16 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Apr. 13, 4:27 PM
- CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) is shutting down its New York trading floor, as volume flags, effective at the end of this year.
- Pending CFTC review, the exchange will shutter the floor and move options products to trading on CME Globex (and clearing through CME ClearPort).
- Futures trading on that New York floor had ended in July 2015 and open outcry trading on remaining options products products fell by 53% since.
- Open outcry options volume on the New York floor currently represents just 0.3% of overall energy and metals trading volume, the company says. It'll make space available for floor traders to transition to electronic trading at its Battery Park facility, and sublease its trading floor space next year.
- Now read CME Group: Trading Activity Slows Down In December, But Sets Volume Record For The Year »