What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Oct. 19, 2015, 8:46 AM
- A memorandum of understanding between the two will allow CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) to offer Offshore Chinese Renminbi Futures Contracts with physical delivery in London for the first time.
- "The ability to transact during London hours is of paramount importance to those institutions who value flexibility in managing their positions in markets where prices can move sharply in short periods of time," says CME Group's William Knottenbelt.
- The MOU also allows CCB to participate in the London Silver Pricing administered by CME Benchmark Europe Limited, as well facilitate the trading of CME Group products for the bank's customers in China.
Oct. 13, 2015, 7:23 AM
- CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) launches a physically delivered lead futures contract with delivery locations in the U.S. and Europe. The new contract will begin trading on Nov. 23, assuming all necessary regulatory approvals.
- The exchange operator launched Zinc and Aluminum futures earlier this year.
Oct. 7, 2015, 9:46 AM
Oct. 2, 2015, 7:36 AM
- After ridiculous results among the volatility in August, things calmed down at CME Group's (NASDAQ:CME) exchanges in September, with volume averaging 14.1M contracts per day, down from 16.3M the previous month, and down 7% from one year ago.
- Interest rate volume of 6.2M contracts per day fell 23% Y/Y, with Eurodollar futures volume of 2.3M contracts, off 30%.
Sep. 4, 2015, 7:26 AM
- A new Aluminum European Premium Duty-Unpaid futures contract is set to being trading on Sept. 21.
- It would be the first viable exchange-traded futures product allowing markets to hedge exposure to the European aluminum premium, says CME's Young-Jin Chang.
Sep. 2, 2015, 7:34 AM
- CME Group average volume of 16.3M contracts per day was up a full 25% from a year ago, and included average volume of 23M contracts during the month's final week - the highest weekly average ever.
- Interest rate volume of 7.9M contracts per day gained 8% Y/Y.
- Equity index volume of 3.7M contracts up 61%.
- FX volume of 890K up 33%. Ag commodities volume of 1.3M up 25%. Energy volume of 2.1M up 46%.
Aug. 18, 2015, 12:07 PM
- Mostly an after-thought in the massive world of forex trading, CME Group's (CME +0.1%) currency futures are seeing more interest of late, perhaps as banks (where the vast majority of fx trading occurs) find themselves dealing with charges of price manipulation.
- The number of large participants with open interest in CME currency contracts rose 16% since the year's start to 1,007. The average number of contracts traded per day of 892K is up 28% Y/Y. For comparison, the average interest rate volume per day is 5.9M contracts; equity index volume 2.5M; energy 1.8M, agricultural 1.4M.
- “We believe that the investigations and fines have served to increase the appeal of trading on exchanges,” says Craig LeVeille, executive director of fx products at CME. "We're looking at it from a trust standpoint."
- CME handles about $100B of notional forex volume daily versus $5.3T for the overall market.
Aug. 11, 2015, 12:41 PM
- "This was part of the restructuring announced last fall designed to eliminate bureaucracy and improve our ability to serve our global client base more efficiently," says CME Group (CME -0.9%) spokeswoman Laurie Bischel of the company's cut of about 3% of it employees on Aug. 6, with about half of those roughly 80 dismissals coming from technology staff.
- Among those exited is Brian McElligott, a managing director and global head of information products.
- This follows the 5% staff reduction in October. Expenses in the six months ended June 30 totaled $660.3M, up 2.8% from the same period a year earlier.
- Source: Bloomberg
Aug. 5, 2015, 6:17 PM
- CME (NASDAQ:CME) declares $0.50/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.04%
- Payable Sept. 25; for shareholders of record Sept. 10; ex-div Sept. 8.
Aug. 5, 2015, 10:23 AM
- "China is key to our global growth strategy, and this MOU with CFETS marks another key development in our China roadmap," says CME Group CEO Phupinder Gill.
- The memorandum of understanding with China Foreign Exchange Trade System was signed with a view to establish a JV in the U.S. between the two exchanges.
- CFETS is China's largest marketplace for interest rates and forex products, and also the major trading platform and pricing center for RMB and related products.
Aug. 4, 2015, 8:39 AM
- CME Group July 2015 volume of 12.8M contracts per day gained 5% from one year ago. Options volume of 2.9M contracts per day up 22%.
- Interest rate volume of 5.9M contracts per day slipped 5%, with Eurodollar futures volume of 2.1M contracts down 20%.
- FX volume of 733K contracts up 26%. Equity index volume of 2.5M contracts up 5%.
- Ag volume of 1.4M contracts up 32%. Energy volume of 1.8M contracts up 12%. Metals volume of 381K contracts up 20%.
Jul. 30, 2015, 7:40 AM
- Q2 net income excluding items of $320M or $0.95 per share vs. $257.9M and $0.77 one year ago.
- Average daily volume of 13.3M contracts up 6% Y/Y. Clearing and transaction fee revenues of $682M up 12%. Market data revenue of $103M up 15%.
- Average rate per contract of $0.777 vs. $0.753 one year ago, driven by a higher proportion of trades in commodity products, which have higher average fees.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- Previously: CME beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (July 30)
- CME flat premarket
Jul. 30, 2015, 7:04 AM
- CME (NASDAQ:CME): Q2 EPS of $0.95 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $820M (+12.1% Y/Y) beats by $12.78M.
Jul. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ACI, ACIW, ACOR, ACRE, ADP, ALKS, ALLE, ALU, ALXN, AMRC, APD, AVP, AWI, AZN, BC, BCO, BG, BLL, BUD, BWA, BWEN, CAH, CBB, CBM, CBR, CCE, CCJ, CEVA, CI, CL, CME, COP, COT, CPN, CRL, CRR, CRS, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DCIX, DFT, DLPH, EDR, EME, ENTG, EPD, ERJ, ESI, EXLS, FCAU, FCN, FIG, FMS, GG, GHM, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GVA, HEES, HOT, HP, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IDXX, INGR, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, IVZ, KMT, LBY, LINE, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDLZ, MDP, MDXG, MMYT, MOBL, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MWW, NAVB, NICE, NMM, NNN, NOK, NTCT, ODFL, OSK, OXY, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, PG, PNK, PNW, POT, PRFT, PWE, RDS.A, RFP, RTIX, RYAM, RYL, SC, SCG, SEE, SHOO, SHOP, SMP, SNE, SNMX, SSYS, SUI, SWK, TASR, TDY, TE, TEX, TFX, TKR, TMUS, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VG, VICL, VLO, VLY, WST, WWE, XEL, XRAY, XYL, YNDX, ZBH
Jul. 26, 2015, 7:39 AM
- Deutsche Borse (OTCPK:DBOEY) is buying Germany-based foreign exchange trading platform 360T for €725M, in a bid to expand its business in the $5.3T-a-day currency trading market.
- The announcement wraps up an auction which saw CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) and Nasdaq OMX (NASDAQ:NDAQ) also compete for the forex trading venue.
- Deutsche Borse expects double-digit million euro revenue synergies in the medium-term from the deal and plans to finance the acquisition via a combination of debt and equity.
CME Group Inc, through its futures exchanges & clearing houses, serves the risk management & investment needs of customers. It offers products like futures & options, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, weather derivatives & real estate.
Other News & PR