What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jul. 21, 2015, 8:16 AM
- CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) and Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited sign a Memorandum of Understanding to - among other things - explore the chance to develop and market new products and services for the U.S. and Indian markets.
- The two also announce the extension of a licensing agreement enabling MCX to settle their rupee-denominated oil and gas contract to CME Group's NYMEX prices.
Jul. 2, 2015, 7:53 AM
- June volume of 14.6M contracts per day was up 15% from a year earlier. Options volume of 2.9M gained 28%.
- Interest rate volume of 6.9M contracts up 8% Y/Y, with Eurodollar futures volume of 2.5M down 5%, and Treasury futures volume of 2.7M up 12%.
- Forex volume of 987K contracts up 29%.
- Ag commodities volume of 1.7M contracts up 48%.
- Equity Index volume of 2.9M contracts up 16%.
Jun. 24, 2015, 1:33 PM
- The closing of many of CME Group's iconic trading pits had been set for July 2, but it's been delayed until at least July 6 and possibly another 90 days based on a review of trader concerns by the CFTC.
- The CME apparently never solicited feedback from exchange members prior to announcing the closures in February, and traders are concerned customers could be materially harmed by losing access to complex trades not available on Globex.
- CME is trying to add functionality to Globex by sending software developers onto the floor to interview those traders set to lose their jobs.
Jun. 9, 2015, 11:53 AM
- Alongside its move to close futures pit and move to nearly all-electronic trading, CME Grouo (NASDAQ:CME) will extend the trading session for grain and oilseed futures by five minutes starting in July to keep things in line with open-outcry grain options trading (open-outcry options will continue even as futures ends).
- The pits will close on July 2 and the new closing time will be effective on June 6.
Jun. 2, 2015, 7:47 AM
- CME Group May volume of 14.1M contracts per day was up 8% from a year ago.
- Interest rate volume of 7.8M contracts up 3%, with Eurodollar futures of 2.3M down 10% and Treasury futures of 4M up 11%.
- Forex volume of 880K contracts up 49%. Equity volume of 2.1M contracts down 3%.
- Energy volume of 1.7M contracts up 24%. Agricultural volume of 1.2M contracts up 27%. Metals volume of 337K contacts up 4%.
May 20, 2015, 7:39 AM
- Attempting to get a piece of the newish traded electricity markets, CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) is launching eight European power contracts in Europe on June 15.
- "As European Power markets evolve with supply and demand changes and the impact of renewable energy, CME Group is committed to providing effective, relevant tools tailored to the risk management needs of our regional energy customers in those markets," says Cees Vermaas, CEO of CME Europe.
May 19, 2015, 5:53 PM
- CME (NASDAQ:CME) declares $0.50/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.11%
- Payable June 25; for shareholders of record June 10; ex-div June 8.
May 18, 2015, 8:45 AM
- Physically-delivered Zinc futures will begin trading at the CME on June 29. They'll be priced in dollars and each contract will represent 25 metric tons of physical metal.
May 4, 2015, 7:48 AM
- CME Group April average volume of 11.5M contracts per day fell 6% from last year.
- Interest rate volume of 5.1M contracts per day fell 14%. Eurodollar volume of 1.8M contracts down 18%. Treasury volume of 2M contracts down 17%.
- Forex volume of 838K contracts per day up 50%.
- Energy volume of 1.8M contracts per day up 23%.
- Ag volume of 1.3M contracts per day up 11%.
Apr. 30, 2015, 7:12 AM
- Q1 income of $330.4M or $0.98 per share vs. $266.8M and $0.79 one year ago.
- Average daily volume of 15M contracts up 10% from one year ago. Clearing and transaction revenue of $708.2M up 9%. Market data revenue of $98M up 10%.
- Total average rate per contract of $0.753 vs. $0.731 in Q4, driven by more action in commodities, which have higher average fees.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- Previously: CME beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (April 30)
- CME flat premarket
Apr. 30, 2015, 7:04 AM
- CME (NASDAQ:CME): Q1 EPS of $0.98 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $843M (+8.4% Y/Y) beats by $4.88M.
Apr. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ABC, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, AMT, ANR, APD, ARG, ARW, AVP, AWI, BCE, BDC, BG, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CCE, CDK, CELG, CI, CL, CME, COMM, COP, CRR, CRS, CSH, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, CWEI, CY, DBD, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, ERJ, EXLS, FCN, FIS, FMS, FSS, GEO, GG, GLOP, GNC, GNRC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HST, HUN, I, IDA, IMAX, INCY, INGR, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVZ, LBY, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MD, MGLN, MINI, MLM, MMC, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MVIS, NBIX, NI, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OMG, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, POT, PSX, PSXP, PWE, PWR, RDS.A, RDWR, RGLD, RGS, ROK, RYL, SCG, SEE, SHPG, SMP, SNAK, SNE, SNMX, STM, STRZA, TASR, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TKR, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VAC, VGR, VIAB, VLY, VNTV, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XOM, XYL, ZMH
Apr. 27, 2015, 10:45 AM
- Volumes at CME Group (CME -0.2%) are tracking down 13% year-over-year and down 32% from a busy Q1, says Credit Suisse, cutting the price target on the Neutral-rated stock to $88 from $95. "We believe a pushback in market expectations for the timing of the first Fed Funds hike has dampened volatility and driven volumes lower."
- On the positive side, energy activity remains busy, but energy isn't nearly the driver of business at CME interest rates are.
- The team cuts its EPS estimates for 2015, 2016, and 2017, respectively to $3.65, $4.00, and $4.20 from $3.69, $4.10, and $4.25.
- Source: Benzinga
Apr. 22, 2015, 4:49 PM
- Responding to the arrest of a U.K.-based punter whom authorities accuse of causing 2010's "flash crash" with "layering" and "spoofing" algorithms, CME Group reiterates its long-held belief that activity in its markets were not behind the panic decline.
- "If new information has come to light, we look forward to reviewing it with the Commission. We fully support the CFTC's actions to prosecute those who attempt to engage in fraud or manipulation."
Apr. 2, 2015, 7:44 AM
- CME Group March volume of 13.7M contracts per day slipped 3% from a year ago.
- Interest rate volume of 6.5M contracts fell 8%, with eurodollar volume of 2.6M contracts off 6% and Treasury volume of 2.4M contracts off13%.
- Q1 volume averaging 15M contracts per day gained 10% from a year ago, and was the 2nd-highest quarterly volume on record.
Mar. 24, 2015, 2:45 PM
- Hoping to challenge Euronext's dominance in EU wheat futures by launching its own contract by the end of April, CME Group (CME -0.8%) can't yet confirm whether it's moving forward.
- At issue is CME's inability to guarantee enough deliverable capacity after failing to ink deals with local suppliers.
- "If for whatever reasons the parties that we are speaking to decide not to move forward ... we would not be making the contract available," says CME's Eric Hasham, speaking at a cereals conference in Geneva.
- The contract would be listed in Chicago, but priced based on delivery to the port of Rouen in France. "The biggest problem is asking people to sign (up to) a different legal system," says Hasham, who says no one has yet signed with CME to be a delivery point yet.
- "It does not look good. Until last month they said they would launch it in April and now they don't even have a single silo," says one operator.
- Source: Reuters
CME Group Inc, through its futures exchanges & clearing houses, serves the risk management & investment needs of customers. It offers products like futures & options, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, weather derivatives & real estate.
Other News & PR