Dec. 9, 2014, 5:23 PM
- Comtech (NASDAQ:CMTL): "After considering various strategic alternatives to enhance shareholder value, including a possible merger or sale of the Company, the Board has determined that the interests of the Company and its shareholders will be best served by the Company remaining independent."
- The telecom equipment vendor originally launched a strategic review in August. Reuters reported at the time Comtech had "received preliminary expressions of interest."
Aug. 25, 2014, 5:53 PM
- Comtech (NASDAQ:CMTL) says it's "exploring strategic alternatives to enhance shareholder value, including a possible merger or sale of the Company."
- No timetable has been set for finishing the review. Shares are higher after coming off a halt.
- Earlier: Comtech reportedly exploring sale, receives preliminary interest
Aug. 25, 2014, 4:25 PM| Comment!
Oct. 1, 2013, 4:11 PM
- ORBCOMM (ORBC +0.6%) acquires Comtech's (CMTL +0.4%) Sensor Enabled Notification System operation, which includes satellite hardware, network tech, and web platforms focused on asset tracking. The unit has more than 20K subscribers globally. Terms were undisclosed.
- The vertically-oriented acquisition also complements ORBCOMM's recent GlobalTrak acquisition, which uses SENS technology.
Oct. 6, 2011, 9:29 AMComtech (CMTL) +7.8% premarket, a day after Reuters reported several government contractors had expressed interest in a possible acquisition of the communications equipment maker. CMTL reportedly is working with Goldman Sachs for strategic advice in response to pressure from hedge fund MMI Investments. | Comment!
Oct. 5, 2011, 5:40 PM
CMTL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR