CenterPoint Energy, Inc.NYSE
Mon, Oct. 3, 9:45 AM
- September monthly performance was: 0%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +5%
- $0.30 in dividends were paid in September
- Top 10 Holdings as of 8/31/2016: ONEOK Inc (OKE): 2.65651%, Mattel Inc (MAT): 1.45713%, CenterPoint Energy Inc (CNP): 1.28361%, Frontier Communications Corp Class B (FTR): 1.10651%, Coach Inc (COH): 1.05319%, Macquarie Infrastructure Corp (MIC): 0.97241%, Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP): 0.92968%, CMS Energy Corp (CMS): 0.8697%, SCANA Corp (SCG): 0.85871%, The Western Union Co (WU): 0.82708%
Fri, Sep. 30, 11:57 AM
- CenterPoint Energy (CNP -0.7%) has rejected an offer from OGE Energy (OGE -0.9%), its partner in Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL +2.3%), for its stake in the company.
- CNP CEO Bill Rogers said yesterday that a 30-day period to consider OGE's offer under their partnership agreement expired Sept. 16 without a deal.
- CNP owns a 50% general partner interest and a 55% limited partner interest in ENBL.
- Tudor Pickering Holt analysts expect that CNP to retain its stake in ENBL "unless it is able to merge it into another midstream entity" to avoid a $1.3B tax liability.
Tue, Sep. 6, 11:20 AM
- August monthly performance was: -0.6%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +5%
- $0.21 in dividends were paid in August
- Top 10 Holdings as of 7/29/2016: ONEOK Inc (OKE): 2.51645%, Mattel Inc (MAT): 1.45532%, CenterPoint Energy Inc (CNP): 1.35453%, Frontier Communications Corp Class B (FTR): 1.23381%, Coach Inc (COH): 1.17484%, CMS Energy Corp (CMS): 0.92805%, Macquarie Infrastructure Corp (MIC): 0.92426%, SCANA Corp (SCG): 0.9029%, Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP): 0.82578%, The AES Corp (AES): 0.82339%
Fri, Aug. 5, 11:45 AM
- CenterPoint Energy (CNP -2.5%) says it will no longer pursue forming a REIT structure for its utility business, deciding that the potential to create long-term shareholder value via a REIT is "very limited and does not justify exposure to the associated risks."
- In reporting smaller than expected Q2 earnings, CNP says its natural gas business was hurt by a mild winter that reduced gas demand, and results were weighed down by its Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL +2.5%) joint venture, which also posted below consensus Q2 earnings.
- Fellow ENBL partner OGE Energy (OGE -0.9%) said yesterday that CNP is offering to sell its ENBL stake to OGE.
- CNP also reaffirms guidance FY 2016 EPS guidance of $1.12-$1.20 vs. $1.15 analyst consensus estimate.
Fri, Aug. 5, 6:47 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 5:30 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 10:04 AM
- July monthly performance was: +2.99%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- $0.24 in dividends were paid in July
- Top 10 Holdings as of 6/30/2016: ONEOK Inc (OKE): 2.68634%, Mattel Inc (MAT): 1.37579%, CenterPoint Energy Inc (CNP): 1.3705%, Frontier Communications Corp Class B (FTR): 1.18302%, Coach Inc (COH): 1.12088%, CMS Energy Corp (CMS): 0.94653%, SCANA Corp (SCG): 0.91588%, Macquarie Infrastructure Corp (MIC): 0.89711%, Helmerich & Payne Inc (HP): 0.8648%, Digital Realty Trust Inc (DLR): 0.85433%
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:47 PM
Tue, May 10, 6:48 AM
- CenterPoint (NYSE:CNP): Q1 EPS of $0.36 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $1.98B (-18.5% Y/Y) misses by $460M.
Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM| Mon, May 9, 5:30 PM | 1 Comment
Mon, May 9, 3:57 PM
- CenterPoint Energy (CNP +0.4%) is upgraded to Neutral from Sell with a $21 price target, up from $18, at Goldman Sachs despite weakness in the utility sector, as the firm believes CNP offers a solid dividend yield given improving cash flows.
- CNP's free cash flow should increase to more than $500M/year by 2018 on moderate capital spending, O&M management and rate increases, the firm says.
- Goldman raises its EPS estimate for 2016 and 2017 on better cost control, better demand in the Houston market, and slightly higher expected rate or revenue increases at electric and gas utilities; it now sees EPS for 2016 and 2017 at $1.14 and $1.27, up from an earlier outlook for $1.09 and $1.18, respectively.
- Now read Four reasons why I bought CenterPoint Energy
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:17 PM
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) declares $0.2575/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 4.82%
- Payable June 10; for shareholders of record May 16; ex-div May 12.
Mon, Mar. 14, 12:13 PM
- Nasdaq is making annual changes to its U.S. Broad Dividend Achievers Index, adding AFG, AMP, ATRI, BOBE, BOKF, CMI, CNP, CTWS, DAKT, GK, ISCA, MNRO, NHC, NWE, OKS, SRCE, STE, STON, SXT, THG, TLP, TMK, and TRV.
- To be dropped: ARG, COP, DRI, NC, STR, THFF, VSEC, WMB.
- The index is comprised of stocks with at least ten straight years of boosting annual dividend payments, and is tracked by the Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (NYSEARCA:VIG).
- The changes become effective ahead of the open on March 21.
Fri, Feb. 26, 6:50 AM
- CenterPoint (NYSE:CNP): Q4 EPS of $0.26 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.79B (-24.5% Y/Y) misses by $1.22B.
Thu, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 8:59 AM
- CenterPoint Energy (NYSE:CNP) says it is considering strategic options for its investment in Enable Midstream Partners (NYSE:ENBL), including a sale or a spinoff.
- CNP owns a 50% GP interest and a 55.4% LP interest in ENBL, which it jointly controls with OGE Energy (NYSE:OGE).
- CNP also guides FY 2016 earnings above analyst consensus, seeing EPS of $1.12-$1.20 vs. $1.10 consensus, which includes a target of 4%-6% EPS growth from existing businesses and investments; also reaffirms 2015 EPS $1.05-$1.10 vs. $1.07 consensus.
- On Friday, CNP announced a $363M investment in ENBL's preferred securities.
- CNP +2.1% premarket.