Tue, Nov. 1, 9:53 AM
- CenterPoint Energy (CNP +0.2%) agrees to acquire Atmos Energy's (ATO -0.6%) retail energy services business, which manages assets for utilities, power plants and local distribution companies, for ~$40M.
- CNP says the acquisition will add six states to the 26 already overseen by its marketing branch, delivering more than 1T cf of natural gas to ~100K customers.
- ATO will have fully exited the non-regulated gas marketing business upon completion of the sale.
Sep. 8, 2014, 6:05 PM
- Cleco (NYSE:CNL) is nearing a deal to sell itself and has narrowed down the list of prospective buyers to Spanish power company Iberdrola (OTCPK:IBDRY, OTCPK:IBDSF) and Australian investment bank Macquarie (OTC:MCQEF), FT reports.
- Both bidders reportedly have discussed terms with CNL and a deal could be announced within weeks; a deal likely would fetch a premium to its market value, which now stands at $3.4B.
- The Louisiana electricity supplier has been the subject of takeover rumors since June, when it said it was exploring strategic options after receiving attention from Canada's Borealis (OTCPK:BOREF), which is no longer interested; CenterPoint Energy (NYSE:CNP) also is no longer involved in discussions.
Jun. 20, 2014, 2:27 PM| Jun. 20, 2014, 2:27 PM | 2 Comments
Jun. 19, 2012, 8:27 AM
CenterPoint Energy (CNP) agrees to acquire gathering and processing assets from Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP), including a 50% interest in Waskom Gas Processing, for ~$275M, and enters a 15-year agreement with Encana (ECA) to gather and treat natural gas from two East Texas fields.| Jun. 19, 2012, 8:27 AM | 1 Comment