Thu, Nov. 5, 8:45 AM
- Canadian Natural Resources (NYSE:CNQ) +0.4% premarket after reporting a surprise Q3 profit and better than expected revenues, and again cutting its capital spending budget.
- CNQ, which already had cut its capex program four times, says it now targets full-year 2015 spending of C$5.44B ($4.13B), down from its most recent projection of C$5.5B, and says spending will fall further in 2016 to C$4.5B-C$5B.
- CNQ says it is targeting 2016 production of 840K-850K boe/day; says Q3 production averaged ~848K boe/day, up from 797K boe/day in the year-earlier quarter.
- Says Q3 cash flow fell 37% to C$1.53B.
Thu, Nov. 5, 5:42 AM
Wed, Nov. 4, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Thu, Aug. 6, 2:44 PM
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ +1.8%) is higher after reporting better than expected Q2 earnings, although the $0.16 EPS was far below the $1.04 posted in the year-ago quarter.
- CNQ blamed its unadjusted $405M Q2 loss on taking a $579M deferred income tax charge to account for Alberta’s decision to hike provincial corporate income tax rate to 12% from 10% effective July 1; the charge "effectively translates into lower future cash flows and therefore, lowers reinvestment in the business,” CFO Corey Bieber said.
- Overall Q2 production fell 1.5% Y/Y to ~805K boe/day; drilling activity included 13 net wells, down 93% Y/Y due to lower crude oil and natural gas prices.
- CNQ says it Q2 crude oil and natural gas liquids production fell to an average of 509K bbl/day from ~545K a year ago, partly because of wildfires in Alberta that temporarily slowed output; for the full year, CNQ maintains its crude and NGL production forecast at 562K-602K bbl/day.
- CNQ again cut its capital spending program, this time by C$245M to bring it to C$5.5B this year after announcing spending cuts three times earlier this year.
- Cash flow at the end of Q2 was $1.5B, down from $2.87B a year earlier.
Thu, Aug. 6, 5:50 AM
Wed, Aug. 5, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACTA, AGIO, AGN, AGO, AINV, AMCX, APA, AXAS, AYR, BBEP, BBW, BCE, BDBD, BDX, BECN, CC, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DDD, DUK, DX, EAT, EBS, EMES, ENOC, ENR, EXK, EXTR, FSV, FSYS, GCAP, GLOG, GLP, GNRC, GOGO, GTXI, GWPH, HCLP, HGG, HII, HILL, HL, HSNI, INFI, INSY, IRC, KOP, KORS, LAMR, LEAF, LPI, LQDT, MBLY, MEG, MFC, MITL, MMP, MMS, MPEL, MYL, NGS, NRF, NRP, NRZ, NVO, NXST, NXTM, NYT, OA, OGE, ONE, OTIV, OWW, PBH, PGNX, PLUG, PRIM, RDEN, RGEN, RICE, RSTI, RVLT, RWLK, SATS, SBH, SEAS, SFY, SGM, SNH, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STN, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, TECH, TESO, THS, TK, TLP, TNK, VER, VIAB, WIN, WPP, YORW, ZEUS
Thu, May 7, 12:47 PM
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ -0.6%) is lower after Q1 earnings beat expectations amid record production, but unadjusted earnings resulted in the company's first quarterly loss in more than four years.
- CNQ says Q1 output totaled a record 898K boe/day, up 31% Y/Y, with crude oil production rising 23% and natural gas production increasing 51%, but cash flow fell 36% to C$1.37B due to lower commodity prices.
- CNQ says Q1 operating costs to produce oil and natural gas liquids fell 22% Y/Y.
- CNQ also reduces its 2015 capital program by another C$300M, now targeting spending of ~C$5.7B after announcing spending cuts in January and March.
- Says options for its royalty lands and royalty revenue portfolio include a sale or spinoff.
Thu, May 7, 5:32 AM
Wed, May 6, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACHN, ACRE, AEE, AGIO, AKRX, ALE, ALU, AMRC, APA, APO, ARCP, ARIA, AXAS, BABA, BDBD, BDX, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CHD, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COT, COTY, CRIS, CSIQ, DFT, DNOW, DWRE, ENZY, FIG, FSYS, GLP, GOGO, GOLD, GSM, HII, HILL, HL, HPT, INSY, INXN, IRC, IT, KATE, LEAF, LIOX, LPI, LQDT, LXP, MFC, MGA, MITL, MMS, MPEL, MPW, MT, MWW, MZOR, NCLH, NICE, NJR, NRP, NXST, OGE, ONE, OWW, PCLN, PDCE, PGEM, PMC, PPL, PRFT, RDEN, REGN, RESI, REV, RFP, RGEN, RICE, RRD, RSTI, RWLK, SATS, SEAS, SFY, SNAK, SNI, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STE, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, THS, TIME, TLM, TLP, TU, USAC, VC, VTG, WAC, WIN, WPG, WPP, WRES
Thu, Mar. 5, 9:13 AM
- Canadian Natural Resources (NYSE:CNQ) +1.9% premarket after reporting Q4 earnings that almost tripled from a year ago and raising its dividend while other oil producers have cut or eliminated dividends.
- Q4 production rose 27% Y/Y to nearly 861K boe/day from 677K, while output for the full year gained nearly 18% to 790K boe/day; production got a boost from CNQ's purchase last year of Devon Energy's western Canadian natural gas and light oil assets.
- Targets 2015 production at 850K-897K boe/day, including crude oil and natural gas liquids production of 562K-602K bbl/day.
- CNQ is cutting another C$150M from its 2015 capital budget to C$6.04B, citing a reduction in the number of planned maintenance turnaround days scheduled at its Horizon oil sands operation; CNQ expects to bolster Horizon output by ~10K bbl/day by reducing the planned outage to six days from 35.
- CNQ says its management committee will see a 10% pay cut and the board will reduce its annual cash retainer by 10%.
Thu, Mar. 5, 7:28 AM
Wed, Mar. 4, 5:30 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 9:58 AM
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ +1.7%) is higher after Q3 earnings fell 11% Y/Y, hurt in part by lower crude oil prices, but came in well ahead of analyst expectations.
- Q3 total production rose 13% Y/Y to 797K boe/day but fell Q/Q due to a longer than planned shutdown for expansion and maintenance work at its Horizon oil sands project in Alberta; targets FY 2014 production of 869K-916K boe/day.
- Cash flow fell slightly to C$2.44B from C$2.45B, hurt in part by lower synthetic crude oil sales volumes at its Horizon operations and lower crude pricing.
- For 2015, CNQ is targeting a capital budget of ~C$8.6B ($7.6B), cash flow of ~C$9.4B and production growth of 11% over 2014 levels.
Nov. 6, 2014, 5:55 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:28 AM
Other News & PR