Concur: Profit From Cutting Business Travel Costs
Sep. 19, 2014, 12:46 PM
Sep. 19, 2014, 9:24 AM
Sep. 18, 2014, 5:24 PM
- SAP is paying $129/share, or an enterprise value of $8.3B, to acquire top cloud travel/expense management software vendor Concur Technologies (NASDAQ:CNQR). The price represents a 20% premium to Concur's Thursday close.
- The deal is expected to close in Q4 2014 or Q1 2015, and will be financed using a €7B credit facility. SAP notes Concur claims 23K+ customers and 25M+ active users.
- The purchase is the latest in a string of major cloud software acquisitions by SAP, which is counting on cloud growth to offset slumping traditional license sales. Other major cloud-related purchases include SuccessFactors, Ariba, and hybris.
- Previous: Concur reportedly approached SAP, Oracle about acquisition
Sep. 18, 2014, 5:00 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 9:11 AM
Sep. 2, 2014, 5:43 PM
Sep. 2, 2014, 5:28 PM
- Concur (NASDAQ:CNQR) approached SAP and Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) to "gauge their interest" in an acquisition, sources tell Bloomberg. Oracle, set to buy point-of-sale hardware vendor Micros for $5.3B, is said to have passed.
- No details are given on SAP's reaction. Back in January, the German software giant suggested it could make another big cloud software acquisition - it already has a few under its belt. But in April, SAP, which is counting on cloud growth to offset slumping traditional license sales, stated it considers itself under no pressure to make a deal.
- Concur has pared its AH gains: The cloud travel/expense software provider is now up 11%. Its market cap stands at $6.4B.
- Earlier: Concur reportedly exploring sale
Sep. 2, 2014, 4:11 PM
- Bloomberg reports Concur Technologies (NASDAQ:CNQR) is exploring a sale. Shares of the cloud travel/expense management software firm have jumped in response.
- The cloud software space has seen considerable M&A activity. However, Concur is larger than most recent M&A targets - it closed today with a $5.8B market cap, and is valued at $6.8B AH.
Aug. 4, 2014, 4:23 PM
- Concur Technologies (NASDAQ:CNQR): FQ3 EPS of $0.25 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $177M (+27.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.85M.
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, ACXM, AEIS, AIG, ANV, APL, AREX, BRS, CAR, CHGG, CKEC, CKP, CNQR, CRK, CUTR, DRC, ECOM, ELNK, ENH, EOX, EPAM, GTAT, ININ, IRWD, JMBA, KAMN, KONA, LF, LLNW, LMNS, MCEP, MDR, MRO, MWA, NLS, OGS, OTTR, PHH, PL, PLOW, PXD, QLYS, REGI, ROSE, RP, RTEC, SALE, SNHY, THC, TNET, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, VNO, VNR, VVC, WAGE, Y
Jul. 30, 2014, 3:58 PM
- Ultimate Software (ULTI +7.4%) beat Q2 estimates on the back of a 26% Y/Y increase in recurring revenue (84% of total revenue). The cloud HR software vendor also disclosed on its CC (transcript) it added three new enterprise clients with 10K or more employees; the largest has 40K.
- Full-year guidance for 23% revenue growth (25% recurring growth) has been reiterated. Q3 guidance for revenue of $127M is roughly in-line with a $127.3M consensus.
- A number of cloud software peers have also rallied. Cloud HR/talent management peers Workday (WDAY +6.5%) and Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD +5.1%) are among the biggest gainers, but others are also doing quite well. CRM +2.7%. NOW +4.7%. LPSN +5.3%. MKTO +4.1%. CNQR +4.8%. JIVE +3.6%. N +4.2%.
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:01 PM
- Concur Technologies, Inc. (CNQR): FQ2 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $167M (+31.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.19M.
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACE, ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AFL, ANIK, ARI, AUY, AXS, AZPN, BGFV, BOOM, BXP, CALX, CAP, CEB, CEMP, CHE, CHRW, CLD, CMRE, CNQR, COLM, CRAY, DLB, DNB, DWA, EBAY, EEFT, EIX, EPR, ESRX, EZPW, FARO, FEIC, FISV, GMED, GNW, GPRE, HURN, IPHI, LOGM, MAC, MAR, MEOH, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NDLS, NFX, NUVA, OHI, OI, PNRA, PRXL, REXX, RFMD, RNG, RNR, RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SLCA, SM, STR, STX, SWI, TE, THG, TMH, TRLA, TRN, TTS, TWTR, ULTI, USNA, VNR, VPRT, VRSK, WSH, X, XCO.
Apr. 3, 2014, 3:57 PM
- Today's rout in tech momentum names (the latest in a string) has been especially harsh on enterprise cloud software, security, and big data/analytics plays.
- Major cloud software decliners: NOW -11%. WDAY -9.6%. N -6.5%. CNQR -7.2%. SAAS -6.3%. TXTR -6.3%. ULTI -5.5%. DWRE -8%. MKTO -6.2%. CSLT -9%. RALY -7.2%.
- Salesforce (CRM -4.1%) is following the group lower after announcing plans to offer industry-specific cloud software solutions. Pac Crest thinks Salesforce's top-line will benefit, but is cutting its EPS estimates on margin concerns.
- Security decliners: FEYE -10.3%. PANW -8.2%. KEYW -5.7%.
- Big data/analytics decliners: DATA -7.4%. SPLK -6.9%. QLIK -4.1%. Splunk's selloff comes in spite of a two-notch CLSA upgrade to Outperform.
Jan. 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jan. 29, 2014, 5:40 PM
Concur Technologies Inc is a provider of integratedtravel and expense management solutions for companies of all industries and sizes. Its solutions include automated and user-interactive mobile and desktop applications.
Industry: Technical & System Software
Country: United States
Other News & PR