Will Shares Of Consolidated Communications Decline?
Thu, Sep. 1, 5:27 PM
- Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL) has closed on the sale of its Heartland Telecommunications unit, to Mutual Telephone (also known as Premier) and Winnebago Cooperative Telecom Association.
- The sale was set in May, and brings about $20.9M in cash in the end. It's a move for Consolidated to focus on its core regions, and turn over its Iowa exchanges.
- Heartland contributed about $7M in revenue in fiscal 2015.
Thu, Aug. 11, 8:12 PM
- A new report is giving ammunition to "cord-haver" investors in an increasing high-profile TV industry debate.
- SNL Kagan sees a moderation in the cord-cutting trend, noting the "rate of decline stayed about constant versus the past couple of quarters."
- Meanwhile, at least some key companies are responding to the change: Even as pay TV bundle customers decline, they can see big new residential revenues from upticks in broadband Internet subscriptions.
- The firm forecasts broadband subscriptions will swell by more than 8M over 10 years, hitting 71M (ending up at 1.6 times the video sub numbers). Meanwhile, basic video subscriptions are expected to drop by annual compounded growth rate of 1.5% (to 45.4M by 2026), slower than last year's expected 1.7% decline, SNL Kagan says.
- It expects residential revenues to rise from $108.38B this year to $117.7B in 2016, and contributions from commercial services to push industry revenue from $130.57B today to $140.99B in 2026.
- On the other hand, Jan Dawson at Jackdaw Research warns that more people are cord-cutting than you think, pointing to six straight quarters of Y/Y declines in pay TV subs.
- "I’ve lost track of how many headlines I’ve seen over the last couple of years which posit that cord-cutting is somehow slowing down off the back of a small number of providers’ quarterly results," Dawson says, mainly due to observers focusing on quarterly net adds rather than annual changes, and looking at too small a sample size.
- Cable players have done well lately, but at the expense of telcos -- and even in cable, it's an example of the rich getting richer, with smaller players suffering. And Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) is seeing worsening results despite its creation of streaming service Sling TV.
- Cord/no-cord players: CMCSA, CHTR, OTCPK:ATCEY, T, VZ, DISH, FTR, CTL, NFLX, DIS, FOX, FOXA, TWX, CNSL, AMZN, WIN, CCOI
Thu, Aug. 4, 8:07 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Mon, Aug. 1, 12:07 PM
Fri, Jul. 1, 10:44 AM
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL -1.3%) has wrapped its acquisition of Champaign Telephone and its sibling Big Broadband Services.
- Acquiring the privately held business adds 1,500 business customers to Consolidated's roster from around Champaign, Ill. It adds 275 fiber route miles as well as 310 lit buildings.
- Consolidated had agreed to a deal in April where it would pay $13M in cash.
- CTC had fiscal 2015 revenue of about $10M.
Thu, May 5, 7:01 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Tue, May 3, 11:36 AM
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL -3.8%) is selling its Heartland Telecommunications unit in order to focus on core regions.
- Mutual Telephone Co. (also known as Premier) and Winnebago Cooperative Telecom Association will take control of the operations, which have been Iowa-based, for about $22.5M in cash.
- Winnebago takes over a pair of exchanges in Iowa, while Premier will take over a number of other exchanges in the state. The operations contributed about $7M in revenue in 2015.
- The closing's expected to come in the second half.
- Now read Telecommunications Stocks For Long-Term Reliable Income: A Cash Flow Analysis »
Mon, May 2, 3:24 PM
Mon, Apr. 18, 4:40 PM
- Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL) has agreed to acquire Illinois-based Champaign Telephone Co. and its affiliate Big Broadband Services.
- The firm is paying $13M in cash, and the deal is expected to close in Q3.
- CTC has grown from a small PBX provider in 1984 to a regional provider of various networking services, with a clientele of about 1,500 business customers. It posted fiscal 2015 revenue of about $10M.
- Now read How Western Digital Became The Technology April Favorite Dividend Dog »
Thu, Feb. 25, 7:03 AM
- Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL): Q4 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $188.19M (+1.2% Y/Y) misses by $2.94M.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACIW, AG, ALKS, AMCX, AMRN, AMWD, ANSS, APA, APLP, AROC, BBY, BUD, CCOI, CHS, CLDX, CM, CNSL, CORE, CPB, CPK, CRI, CVC, DPZ, EGRX, EME, EMES, ENOC, FCH, FCN, FIG, GLOG, GOGO, GTLS, GVA, HBM, HEES, HMHC, HTWR, INCR, IONS, IRDM, IRM, ITC, KERX, KOP, KSS, LKQ, MITL, NEWM, NPO, [[NTi]], NXST, PCRX, PDCO, PF, PGTI, PRIM, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RRD, RWLK, SAFM, SDRL, SEAS, SERV, SFM, SFUN, SHLD, SPAR, STWD, TD, TFX, TREE, TWI, UNT, UTHR, VAC, VC, VWR, W, WIN, WNR, WNRL, WPC, XCRA, ZBRA, ZEUS
Mon, Feb. 22, 4:23 PM
- Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL) declares $0.3874/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 7.34%
- Payable May 2; for shareholders of record April 15; ex-div April 13.
Nov. 5, 2015, 7:06 AM
- Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL): Q3 EPS of $0.18 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $193.94M (+30.1% Y/Y) beats by $3.54M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS