Sep. 11, 2014, 4:14 PM
- It's a cash and stock deal valued at about $2.3B or $35 per Conversant (NASDAQ:CNVR) share (vs. today's $26.71 close), and represents 10x Conversant's expected 2015 adjusted EBITDA. Consideration will be 52% Alliance Data Systems (NYSE:ADS) stock and 48% ($16.80) cash.
- ADS expects "substantial accretion" from the deal - about $0.50-$0.75 in core EPS in years one and two ... this without any expected revenue or cost synergies.
- Alliance CEO Ed Heffernan: "The acquisition 'bulks up' Alliance Data in digital marketing, which is experiencing the fastest secular growth."
- A conference call is set for 5:30 ET.
- Both stocks remain halted.
Sep. 11, 2014, 3:45 PM
Dec. 9, 2013, 5:08 PM
- ValueClick (VCLK) is selling its Owned & Operated Websites business, which includes properties such as Investopedia and U.K. price-comparison site PriceRunner, to InterActiveCorp (IACI) for an undisclosed sum. The deal is expected to close in January. (PR)
- ValueClick announced last month (in tandem with disappointing Q3 results) it plans to sell its O&O unit, and focus on its online ad network/tech ops. O&O had Q3 revenue of $28.9M, and operating income of $4.5M.
- IAC plans to add the business to its Search & Applications unit, which includes Ask.com, About.com, and Dictionary.com. The acquisition stands to provide Barry Diller's Web empire with a little more advertising scale.
- With its numbers boosted by the About.com purchase, Search & Applications had Q3 revenue of $407.3M (54% of IAC's total revenue), and op. income of $87.8M (72% of the company total).
Aug. 31, 2011, 5:31 PM
ValueClick (VCLK) completes its acquisition of Dotomi in a deal the firm says will expand its cross-selling opportunities among media platforms. The company will offset the distribution of shares with an updated $100M repurchasement agreement approved by the board.| Aug. 31, 2011, 5:31 PM
Aug. 2, 2011, 4:27 PM
ValueClick (VCLK) announces a definitive merger agreement with Dotomi to boost its ability to delivery display advertising for major retailers. The company will pay an up-front consideration of $295M for privately-held Dotomi. Shares +1% AH. (PR)| Aug. 2, 2011, 4:27 PM