Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A.B de CVGrey Market
Wed, Nov. 30, 7:21 AM
- HSBC is convinced that Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) is the M&A end game strategy of Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD).
- The firm thinks Coca-Cola, Heineken and Coca-Cola FEMSA (KOF, OTC:COCSF) are in in position where they need to change their strategies to defend against the possibility of an "ABI-Coke world." An anti-BUD alliance is in their best interests, according to the HSBC note.
- Source: Bloomberg
Thu, Sep. 29, 3:34 PM
- It don't take long after shareholders at Anheuser-Busch (BUD -1.4%) and SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) formally agreed to a mega-merger before talk of what's the next M&A move cropped up with plenty of heavy hitters holding shares.
- Both HSBC and Stifel Nicolaus think Coca-Coca (KO -0.1%) will be the next target for the beer behemoth, perhaps even sooner than some may think. The synergy math could be stunning if all the complications of an acquisition are worked out.
- On the bottling side, the integration of SABMiller into A-B has plenty of implications for the sector, even more so if speculation over a Coca-Cola deal escalates.
- Related bottling stocks: COKE, CCE, KOF, OTC:COCSF, OTC:COKEB, OTCPK:CCLAY, OTCPK:CCLAF.