What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Fri, Jan. 29, 12:44 PM
Fri, Jan. 29, 12:39 PM
- Coherent (COHR +20.5%) missed FQ1 sales estimates (while beating on EPS) and guided on its earnings call (transcript) for FQ2 revenue of $195M-$200M, below a $208.7M consensus.
- However, the industrial laser maker also reported FQ1 bookings totaled $273M, up 32.9% Q/Q and 68% Y/Y, and good for a 1.43 book-to-bill. Moreover, a fresh bookings record is forecast for FQ2, and orders are expected to remain strong in the second half of FY16.
- CEO John Ambroseo attributed the numbers to strong OLED manufacturing-related orders for Coherent's Linebeam systems. "The first wave of orders for large format Linebeam systems to be used in OLED production accounted for the bookings increase. The second wave has already arrived in the current quarter with an order well in excess of $150 million. There are a significant number of orders pending for the balance of the second quarter and for the remainder of fiscal 2016 ... We can tell you that deliveries begin in the June quarter and run through calendar 2017."
- The disclosure comes shortly after LG Display announced new investments to ramp OLED TV panel production, and amid reports Apple plans to use OLEDs in future iPhones (one report indicated a 2018 ETA).
- OLED materials/IP provider Universal Display (OLED +8.6%) is up strongly. Coherent peers Rofin-Sinar (RSTI +4.3%), IPG Photonics (IPGP +2.6%), and Newport (NEWP +3.5%) are also doing well. The Nasdaq is up 1.5%.
- Coherent's FQ1 results, earnings release
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:05 PM
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| Wed, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM | 9 Comments
Nov. 5, 2015, 11:02 AM
- With expectations fairly low following the company's July FQ3 miss, Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR) has soared above $63 with the help of a 110 bps Q/Q and 410 bps Y/Y increase in adjusted gross margin to 44.6%. In addition, bookings (though still slightly below revenue of $209.6M) rose 16.3% Q/Q and 12.4% Y/Y to $205.4M.
- The beat is overshadowing FQ1 revenue guidance (provided on the earnings call) of $192M-$198M, below a $202.4M consensus. GM is expected to drop to 42.5%-43%, thanks partly to higher neon gas prices (caused by a supply shortage).
- The industrial laser maker notes a favorable product mix and lower warranty costs boosted its bottom line. Also lifting EPS: $50M was spent to buy back 868K shares, and GAAP operating expenses fell by $1.6M Y/Y to $55.4M.
- Microelectronics was a strong point in FQ4, with revenue rising 20.5% Q/Q due to the shipment of a Linebeam 1500 system for OLED manufacturing. Coherent thinks OLED industry investments could lead to "substantial" FY16 orders, with deliveries running well into FY17.
- FQ4 results, PR
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR): FQ4 EPS of $1.25 beats by $0.27.
- Revenue of $209.6M (+2.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.25M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Sep. 24, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Laser maker Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR) says its CFO and executive VP Helene Simonet is retiring Feb. 1, after 16 years at the company.
- She'll assist the company in locating a successor. She's worked in financial roles for nearly 40 years.
Aug. 25, 2015, 6:30 PM
Jul. 30, 2015, 4:05 PM
- Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR): FQ3 EPS of $0.82 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $188.5M (-4.1% Y/Y) misses by $14.43M.
Jul. 29, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AIV, AMCC, AMGN, ATEN, AUY, AVD, AXTI, BAS, BCOR, BCOV, BRCM, BVN, CALD, CATM, CLW, CMLS, COHR, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DLR, DTLK, EA, EEP, EGO, EIX, ELLI, ES, ESS, EVHC, EXPE, FE, FEIC, FEYE, FLR, FLS, FR, FRGI, GB, GMED, HBI, HK, HME, HTCH, IM, IMMR, INT, ISBC, KAMN, KLAC, LEG, LNKD, LRE, LSCC, MOH, MTD, MTSN, MWA, MXWL, NGVC, NR, NSR, OLN, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PKI, PODD, PTCT, PXLW, QLGC, QTM, RGC, RMD, RNG, ROVI, SAM, SB, SGEN, SKYW, SPF, SPN, SYA, SYNA, SZYM, TCO, TEP, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TPX, TSYS, TXTR, UHS, VCRA, VVUS, WAGE, WBMD, WU, WWWW, YRCW, ZLTQ
May 21, 2015, 3:04 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include Chinese online travel firms Qunar (QUNR +5%) and eLong (LONG +6.8%), Chinese IM/entertainment/gaming platform YY (YY +4.4%), flash storage array vendor Violin Memory (VMEM +3.9%), online furniture retailer Wayfair (W +5%), and industrial laser maker Coherent (COHR +4.9%). The Nasdaq is up 0.4%.
- Notable decliners include solar installer SPI (OTCQB:SOPW -4.8%) and unstructured data management software firm Varonis (VRNS -5.1%).
- Qunar is making fresh highs, and eLong is up 17% over the last two days. YY is recovering some of last week's post-earnings losses. Wayfair posted a Q1 beat 9 days ago. Violin, which saw insider buying in March, posts FQ1 results on June 2. Varonis is two weeks removed from plunging due to a Q1 revenue miss and soft guidance.
- Previously covered: Salesforce, NetApp, Youku, Stratasys, Shopify, Trina, OpenText, Cree, Wave Systems
Apr. 30, 2015, 4:00 PM
- Though industrial laser maker Coherent (COHR -5.7%) beat FQ2 estimates, it guided on its CC (transcript) for FQ3 revenue of $190M-$210M, mostly below a $209.6M consensus. The company also guided for FY15 (ends Sep. '15) revenue of $820M-$830M, below an $840.9M consensus.
- Peers IPG Photonics (IPGP -4.1%), Newport (NEWP -5.2%), and Rofin-Sinar (RSTI -2.8%) have joined Coherent in underperforming amid a 1.8% drop for the Nasdaq. Laser component makers II-VI (IIVI -6.2%) and GSI Group (GSIG -4.8%) have also sold off.
- Coherent partly blamed its guidance on a strong dollar. However, the company also noted "capex investments have been muted despite continued growth in bit and device output due, in part to yield and process enhancements" - capex budget cuts from chip giants Intel and TSMC were highlighted - and that a $10M deal for a consumer electronics packaging laser project fell through when the customer "decided to stick with their current process and reuse existing equipment."
- FQ2 book-to-bill was still a solid 1.08, and Coheren't backlog of orders expected to ship within 12 months was up 4% Y/Y to $315.3M. Materials processing and instrumentation/OEM component orders were strong, while microelectronics (chip) industry orders were soft.
- IPG is down 6% since posting mixed Q1 results and solid Q2 guidance on Tuesday morning. II-VII is down 5% since providing an FQ3 beat at the same time.
Apr. 29, 2015, 4:13 PM
- Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR): FQ2 EPS of $0.94 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $203.7M (+2.2% Y/Y) beats by $2.92M.
- Shares +0.4%.
Apr. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AFFX, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ASH, ATRC, ATW, AVG, AXS, BIDU, BLKB, BVN, CACI, CAVM, CBT, CHMT, CMO, CMPR, CNO, CNW, COHR, CRL, CSGP, CSII, CW, CWT, DOX, DRE, DXCM, DYAX, ECOL, ELGX, EQIX, EQY, ES, ESV, EXL, EXR, FLEX, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HOLX, HOS, HY, IPCM, ISIL, KAMN, KEG, KEX, KRA, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, LXRX, MAA, MAC, MANT, MAR, MDAS, MEOH, MEP, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NSR, NXPI, O, OGS, OIS, PDM, PPC, PRXL, PTC, QEP, QUIK, RKT, ROG, RRTS, SAM, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SPOK, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STR, SU, TAL, TCO, TEX, TILE, TTEK, TTMI, TX, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WTS, XL, YELP
Jan. 30, 2015, 12:45 PM
Coherent Inc is a supplier of photonics-based solutions in a range of commercial and scientific research applications. It designs, manufactures, services and markets lasers and related accessories for a diverse group of customers.
Other News & PR