Columbia Sportswear CompanyNASDAQ
Tue, Nov. 15, 9:15 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:17 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Fri, Oct. 7, 11:14 AM
- If things aren't quite as grim for apparel stores than some feared, it makes sense that clothing manufacturers could benefit.
- Following a better-than-anticipated sales report from Gap, and a big Goldman Sachs endorsement of Ralph Lauren (RL +2.7%), notable movers in the apparel sector on a down market day include Deckers Outdoor (DECK +1.7%), Columbia Sportswear (COLM +2.7%), PVH Corp (PVH +2.1%), Wolverine Worldwide (WWW +1%), Xcel Brands (OTCPK:XCEL), Oxford Industries (OXM +0.8%), and G-III Apparel (GIII +1.5%).
- Today's decent jobs report could also be a factor in the sector move.
- Previously: Rally time for Gap and apparel store peers (Oct. 7)
Tue, Sep. 20, 10:09 AM
- Shares of Columbia Sportswear (COLM +3.3%) move higher after Canaccord Genuity jumps in with an upgrade to Buy from Hold.
- The investment firm also gives Columbia a generous price target boost to $72 from $59 (52-week high is $66.00).
- The bullish take on the apparel stock from Canaccord is based off its view that margins will recover in the back half of the year.
Fri, Aug. 12, 7:03 AM
- Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) says the U.S. District Court for Oregon ruled that Seirus Innovative Accessories infringed on a design patent of its for heat reflective material.
- The company filed the suit against Seirus in Oregon in January 2015 accusing it of willfully infringing three patents relating to its Omni-HeatReflective technology. One of the three Columbia patents covers a particular design of a heat reflective material.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Jul. 29, 12:00 PM
Fri, Jul. 29, 8:08 AM
- Shares of Columbia Sportwear (NASDAQ:COLM) are on watch after Q2 revenue fell slightly short.
- The company managed to improve its gross margin rate during the quarter with selective price increases.
- The company backed prior guidance for full-year EPS of $2.60 to $2.70.
- COLM is inactive in the premarket session after falling about 2.5% in after-hours trading yesterday.
- Previously: Columbia Sportswear beats by $0.05, misses on revenue (July 28)
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:15 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Wed, Jun. 8, 2:45 PM
- Lululemon (LULU +5.4%) investors say what's a penny between friends as the company's Q1 EPS miss is largely ignored. Three quotes that explain the Lululemon rally are below.
- "What matters is brand demand remains strong, gross margin recovery is on track and inventories are now in line," observes Jefferies analyst Randal Konik about the report.
- "In terms of the key metrics we were looking for in the quarter, we got everything we wanted and then some," adds Guggenheim's Howard Tubin.
- "We finished the quarter with our inventory levels rebalanced and on track to achieve our goals for the year," notes Lululemon CEO Laurent Potdevin.
- Under Armour (UA +3.8%) and Columbia Sportswear (COLM +2.9%) are both higher on the day after the positive read from Lululemon on pricing and promotional activity.
- Previously: Lululemon Athletica down post Q1 results (June 8)
- Previously: Lululemon spells out the ABCs of men's fashion strategy (June 8)
Sat, May 14, 11:01 AM
- The retail sector stays in focus next week with Target (NYSE:TGT), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX), and Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST) all due to report on Q1 earnings to follow on a week of dismal reports and guidance from the department store sector (Nordstrom, L Brands, Macy's, Kohl's). Home improvement chains Home Depot (NYSE:HD) and Lowe's (NYSE:LOW) are also due to spill numbers.
- The story from the Commerce Department's April read of retail sales (+3.0% Y/Y, +1.3% M/M) is one of a consumer spending on housing, entertainment, and personal care/fitness over apparel and general merchandise. The 10% Y/Y gain in the nonstore retailer category also tipped that the Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) Effect is magnifying.
- Amplify ETFs CEO Christian Magoon tells Seeking Alpha that the traditional retail model appears to be broken. Amplify's Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY) is a bet on companies such as Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), GrubHub (NYSE:GRUB), Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE), and Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) that are reeling in millennial dollars.
- Magoon on retail: "Traditional retailers face the headwinds of higher cost structures including the very real threat of increasing wages in the form of the $15 minimum wage campaign. Less flexible with inventory management, they also are more vulnerable to issues like weather and changing consumer preferences."
- Retail ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXG, PBJ, IYK, FXD, IYC, RHS, FDIS, PEJ, FSTA, PSL, SCC, RCD, UCC, PEZ, PMR, PSCC, UGE, PSCD, SZK, BITE.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, NKE, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON, FL.
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:11 PM
- Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM) declares $0.17/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.13%
- Payable June 2; for shareholders of record May 19; ex-div May 17.
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:24 PM
- Columbia Sportswear (NASDAQ:COLM): Q1 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $525.14M (+9.6% Y/Y) beats by $30.98M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Fri, Apr. 8, 10:17 AM
- Apparel stocks are getting hammered after Gap's latest monthly sales dud creates a new ripple of worry.
- There's a little bit of a failed feedback loop going on in the sector as teenagers/young adults skip mall visits to spend on other categories while sellers try to innovate their way out of the box. That innovation is leading to excess inventory which in turn leads to more painful discounting
- Decliners include Lululemon (LULU -1.7%), Kate Spade (KATE -1.4%), Deckers Outdoor (DECK -2.5%), Coach (COH -1.6%), Michael Kors (KORS -2.1%), Columbia Sportswear (COLM -1.8%), Carter's (CRI -1.8%), Hanesbrands (HBI -1.3%), Ascena Retail (ASNA -3.9%), Nordstrom (JWN -3.4%), Chico's FAS (CHS -4.2%), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF -4%), Urban Outfitters (URBN -2.6%), L Brands (LB -3%), Express (EXPR -2.4%), Guess (GES -2.9%), Tailored Brands (TLRD -1.9%) and Zumiez (ZUMZ -2.8%).
- Now read Sell Your Apparel Stocks