Coty: Beauty In Consolidation
Timberwolf Equity Research
Timberwolf Equity Research
Coty: Can't Cut Your Way To Growth
Value Vista UK
Value Vista UK
Tue, Aug. 16, 7:01 AM
Mon, Aug. 15, 5:30 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 8:04 AM
Thu, Jul. 21, 8:45 AM
- Coty (NYSE:COTY) appoints Camillo Pane as its new CEO, succeeding Bart Becht, who has served as CEO on an interim basis since September 2014; Becht will stay on as Chairman.
- Pane will take over when Coty closes its ~$13B deal for Procter & Gamble's beauty portfolio, expected in October.
- Pane joined Coty a year ago and currently is Executive VP of Category Development; he spent 20 years with Reckitt Benckiser, most recently as head of the global health and personal care business.
Tue, May 3, 8:40 AM
- Coty (NYSE:COTY) reports revenue rose 5% on a constant currency basis in FQ3.
- Revenue by segment: Fragrances: $415.4M (-4%, -1% in constant currency); Color cosmetics: 374.3M (+11%, +15% in constant currency); Skin & body care: $146.7M (-12%, -9% in constant currency).
- Geographic revenue break-up: Americas: $366M (-7%, -4% in constant currency); EMEA: $467.6M (+11%, +15% in constant currency); Asia Pacific: $117.1M (-2%, +2% in constant currency).
- Adjusted gross margin rate improved 20 bps to 61.8%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate grew 220 bps to 51%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate decreased 230 bps to 8.6%.
- COTY -3.41% premarket.
Tue, May 3, 7:06 AM
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Tue, Feb. 16, 3:34 PM
- Coty (NYSE:COTY) announces it landed clearance from the European Commission to move ahead with its purchase of specialty beauty assets from Procter & Gamble.
- The company says it's on track to complete the merger in the second half of 2016.
Thu, Feb. 4, 9:38 AM
- Coty (NYSE:COTY) announces a new $500M share repurchase allowance.
- The buyback firepower has no expiration date.
- The new repurchase agreement covers about 5.1% of all Coty shares.
- Earlier today, Coty topped expectations in a F/X-pressured FQ1.
- Previously: Coty beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (Feb. 04 2016)
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:19 AM
- Coty (NYSE:COTY): FQ2 EPS of $0.38 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.21B (-4.0% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABG, ABMD, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BR, BSX, BZH, CARB, CFX, CHTR, CI, CLX, CMI, CMS, COP, COTY, CRS, CS, CSL, CUB, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EQM, EQT, GLPI, GRUB, HIMX, ICE, IT, ITG, KELYA, LQDT, LVLT, MD, MHFI, MHO, MMC, MMP, MMS, MSCI, MSG, NAO, NYT, ODFL, OXY, PBH, PM, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, RDS.A, RFP, RL, RSTI, SBH, SNA, SPH, SQNS, STRA, TDC, TDY, TE, TPX, UTEK, VLP, VMC, WEC, XYL
Nov. 30, 2015, 9:42 AM
Nov. 25, 2015, 8:48 AM
- Sales of Star Wars consumer products could reach $5B over the first year after the December release date of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, according to some high-flying projections.
- The mark would smash the previous movie product sales record of $2.8B set by Cars 2.
- Disney (NYSE:DIS) turned the screws on licensing partners by working a deal for a ~20% royalty which is about double the normal rate. Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS) is the major licensee for Star Wars toys, while a host of other companies have bits and pieces - including Jakks Pacific (NASDAQ:JAKK), Lego, Kay Jewelers (NYSE:SIG), Topps, Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA), Rubie's Costume Company, and even CoverGirl (NYSE:COTY).
Nov. 5, 2015, 7:12 AM
- Coty (NYSE:COTY): FQ1 EPS of $0.59 beats by $0.29.
- Revenue of $1.11B (-5.9% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
- Shares -2% PM.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AES, AGIO, AGU, AINV, ALSK, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, ANSS, APA, ATHM, AZN, BBEP, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BEE, BR, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CELG, CLDT, CNK, CNP, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COTY, CROX, CSTM, CWEI, DNR, DUK, EGL, ENB, ENDP, ENOC, ESI, FUN, GEO, GLOG, GLP, GOGO, HFC, HGG, HII, HRC, INSY, IRC, IT, ITC, ITG, KATE, KOP, LAMR, LBY, LINE, LPI, LXP, MEG, MGA, MITL, MPEL, MPW, MSG, MSO, MVIS, MZOR, NDLS, NGS, NHI, NILE, NRP, OGE, OMED, PBH, PDCE, PRFT, PRIM, PWE, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RGLD, RICE, RL, RLGY, RRD, RVLT, RWLK, SCOR, SEAS, SFM, SFY, SJI, SNSS, SPAR, SRC, SRPT, SSTK, STN, STWD, SYMC, TAP, TDC, TE, THS, TIME, TK, TLP, TNK, TRXC, TU, USAC, VC, VER, VIVO, WAC, WIN, WPP, ZEUS
Nov. 3, 2015, 8:27 AM
- Coty (NYSE:COTY) announces it plans to relocate its executive offices to London.
- The company will also launch a new growth and digital department in London.
- Following the merger with a group of businesses purchased by P&G, Coty will reorganize across three divisions - luxury, consumer beauty, and professional beauty.
Coty, Inc. manufactures and markets beauty products, fragrances, color cosmetics and skin care products. The company operates in three segments: Fragrances, Color Cosmetics and Skin & Body Care. The Fragrances segment provides a variety of men's and women's products. The brands in the Fragrances... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Personal Products
Country: United States