What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Tue, Feb. 2, 4:06 PM
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jan. 4, 8:49 AM
- The U.S. medical business unit of distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC), Henry Schein Medical, signs on to sell Cepheid's (NASDAQ:CPHD) GeneXpert System on a non-exclusive basis. It will promote the product and its menu of 17 tests to non-acute care laboratories in the U.S. (non-hospital labs).
- The total potential market consists of more than 10,000 moderately complex non-hospital laboratories and more than 100,000 CLIA-waived physician office labs (once the GeneXpert Omni is available in ~one year).
Dec. 1, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) provides updated guidance as part its presentation today at Piper Jaffray's Healthcare Conference in New York.
- Q4: revenues: $146M - 150M; loss per share: ($0.19 - 0.17)
- 2015: revenues: $537M - 541M; loss per share: ($0.73 - 0.71).
- 2016: revenues: $618M - 635M; additional guidance will be provided during the company's Q4 and full-year earnings call on February 2.
- 2017: non-GAAP gross margin: 56 - 58%; non-GAAP operating margin: mid-to-high teens, both lower than previous guidance of ~60% and low-20s, respectively.
Oct. 20, 2015, 4:12 PM
- CEPHEID (NASDAQ:CPHD): Q3 EPS of -$0.13 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.31.
- Revenue of $126.5M (+9.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.31M.
Oct. 19, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 14, 2015, 12:46 PM
Oct. 14, 2015, 9:13 AM
Oct. 14, 2015, 9:06 AM
- After the close yesterday, Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) released its preliminary Q3 results of a loss of ($0.32) (-220.0%) per share on a GAAP basis and ($0.13) on a non-GAAP basis on revenues of ~$126.5M (+9.8%). Both GAAP earnings loss and revenues fall short of consensus views, ($0.26) and $127.6M, respectively. The wider-than-expected loss was primarily due to a lower gross margin.
- The company now expects total revenues for 2015 to be $537M - 541M and Q4 revenues of $146M - 150M. Additional guidance will be provided during the earnings call on October 20.
- Shares are down 10% premarket on average volume.
Oct. 13, 2015, 5:38 PM
Jul. 23, 2015, 4:07 PM
- CEPHEID (NASDAQ:CPHD): Q2 EPS of -$0.23 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $132.5M (+13.7% Y/Y) beats by $1.8M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, ATHN, BCR, BJRI, BLDR, BYD, CA, CB, CBI, CHE, CLGX, CLS, COF, CPHD, CTCT, CYN, DGII, ETFC, FET, FII, FLEX, FSL, GHL, GIMO, HBHC, HWAY, IG, JNPR, LOGM, LSTR, MITK, MKTO, MSCC, MXIM, N, NANO, NTGR, P, PEB, PFG, PFPT, PMCS, QLIK, RGA, RHI, RSG, RT, SBUX, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, STAG, SWKS, SYK, T, TRIP, TRN, UIS, V, VRSN, WIRE, WRE
Jul. 2, 2015, 4:07 PM
- The FDA issues 510(k) clearance for privately-held Theranos' diagnostic testing system and its test for herpes simplex 1 IgG, the 153rd test that the company provides for less than $10 in its service offering. The automated system the company has developed utilizes microfluidics to perform a wide array of tests on small volume blood samples, including those from a finger stick. Some observers believe Theranos will upend the clinical diagnostics industry with its modest costs. The herpes test, for example, will sell for only $9.07 compared to ~$175 from leading reference labs.
- Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes is one the newest celebrity entrepreneurs. Based on the company's current valuation, she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in U.S. history.
- Some diagnostics-related tickers: (NYSE:ABT) (OTCQX:RHHBY) (NASDAQ:QDEL) (NYSE:BIO) (NASDAQ:QGEN) (NASDAQ:CPHD) (NASDAQ:CEMI) (NASDAQ:TRIB) (NASDAQ:AXDX) (NASDAQ:CBMX) (NYSE:TMO)
Jun. 29, 2015, 3:30 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +0.3%) upgraded to Buy from undefined with a $167 (18% upside) price target by UBS.
- Community Health Systems (CYH -0.9%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with an $83.90 (33% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- LifePoint Health (LPNT +2.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $95.71 (11% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -1.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $126 (3% upside) price target by Sterne Agee CRT.
- Tenet Healthcare (THC -1.5%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $64 (12% upside) price target by Wells Fargo.
- Cepheid (CPHD -1.7%) raised to Buy from Hold with a $75 (25% upside) price target by Craig-Hallum.
- Merge Healthcare (MRGE -0.1%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $5.75 (17% upside) price target by Topeka Capital.
- Alere (ALR -0.2%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $60 (15% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Smith & Nephew (SNN -2.1%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a 1275p (16% upside) price target by UBS.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI -4.3%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $40 (135% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
Apr. 23, 2015, 4:31 PM
- CEPHEID (NASDAQ:CPHD): Q1 EPS of $0.17 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $132.64M (+24.1% Y/Y) beats by $7.24M.
Apr. 22, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, AWAY, BAS, BCR, BGS, BJRI, BLDR, CB, CBI, COF, CPHD, CVTI, CYN, DGII, DV, EFII, ELY, ETFC, ETH, FET, FICO, FII, FR, FSL, GHL, GIMO, GOOG, HA, HBHC, HBI, HUBG, HWAY, JNPR, KLAC, KN, LSTR, MKTO, MMSI, MSCC, MSFT, MTSN, MXIM, MXWL, N, NEM, NTGR, P, PEB, PFG, QDEL, QLIK, RGA, RHI, RMD, RSG, SBAC, SBUX, SFG, SHOR, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWN, SYA, SYNA, TRN, UIS, VCRA, VRSN, WIRE, WRE
Other News & PR