Cipher Pharmaceuticals, Inc.NASDAQ
Cipher Focused On Becoming A Leading North American Dermatology Pharma
Jason Napodano, CFA
Jason Napodano, CFA
Fri, Sep. 2, 12:32 PM
Fri, Sep. 2, 6:45 AM
Wed, Aug. 10, 7:06 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:14 AM
Thu, May 5, 7:11 AM
- Cipher (NASDAQ:CPHR): Q1 EPS of -$0.10 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $9.1M (+23.0% Y/Y) misses by $1.62M.
Mon, May 2, 11:20 AM
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals (CPHR +0.2%) licenses the worldwide rights to develop and commercialize an investigational tattoo removal cream being developed at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The liposome cream penetrates the skin and destroys the macrophages (type of white blood cell) containing the tattoo pigment, which fades the image. Its value proposition is pain-free removal, a profound advantage compared to laser treatment. It could potentially replace laser removal, but could also be positioned as adjunct therapy to reduce the frequency and cost of laser treatment.
- Financial terms are not disclosed.
Wed, Feb. 24, 10:53 AM
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals (CPHR -4.9%) Q4 results: Revenues: $9.7M (+29.3%); R&D Expense: $0.8M (+166.7%); SG&A: $8.3M (+196.4%); Net Income: $2M (-37.5%); EPS: $0.08 (-33.3%).
- FY2015 results: Revenues: $34.4M (+17.8%); R&D Expense: $2.1M (+90.9%); SG&A: $25.4M (+182.2%); Net Income: $1.8M (-90.4%); EPS: $0.07 (-90.5%).
- No guidance given.
Wed, Feb. 24, 7:12 AM
- Cipher (NASDAQ:CPHR): Q4 EPS of $0.08 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.00.
- Revenue of $9.7M (+29.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.39M.
Mon, Feb. 1, 9:35 AM
- ANI Pharmaceuticals (ANIP +1.4%) acquires exclusive rights to distribute 1% and 2.5% hydrocortisone cream for rectal use and a generic version of Cipher Pharmaceuticals' (CPHR) Lipofen (fenofibrate capsules, 50 mg and 150 mg), from H-2 Pharma, LLC for $10M. The transaction also includes an undisclosed early-stage generic injectable.
- Last year, generic Lipofen generated $21.9M in sales through licensee Kowa Pharmaceuticals America. ANI will earn a royalty of 7.5% of net profits while the product is transitioned to ANI, who will launch it under its own label in Q2.
- The combined market for the hydrocortisone cream is $73M. ANI will launch both strengths in Q2 as well. It will retain a portion of the net profits from all sales.
Dec. 10, 2015, 12:13 PM
- Health Canada approves Cipher Pharmaceuticals' (CPHR +2%) Beteflam (betamethasone valerate topical patch) for the treatment of mild-to-moderate plaque psoriasis of the elbows and knees for a maximum of 30 days in adult patients. The agency accepted the company's application for review in February.
- Topical corticosteroids are the primary treatment for inflammatory skin conditions that respond to steroids. Psoriasis affects ~1M Canadians.
Nov. 30, 2015, 12:49 PM
Nov. 4, 2015, 7:27 AM
- Cipher (NASDAQ:CPHR): Q3 EPS of -$0.09
- Revenue of $8.5M (+28.8% Y/Y)
Oct. 5, 2015, 12:46 PM
Aug. 14, 2015, 9:23 AM
- Cipher (NASDAQ:CPHR): Q2 EPS of -$0.02
- Revenue of $8.8M (+10.0% Y/Y)
- Shares +3.2% PM.
Aug. 4, 2015, 9:41 AM
- The FDA accepts for review Cipher Pharmaceuticals' (NASDAQ:CPHR) 510(k) submission seeking approval for its Dermadexin topical barrier-repair cream for the treatment seborrheic dermatitis.
- Cipher acquired the rights to Dermadexin, as well as the candidates Pruridexin and ASF-1096, from Denmark's Astion Pharma in February. All three focus on inflammatory dermatological diseases.
- In 2014, Dermadexin was cleared in the European Union for the alleviation of symptoms of facial dermatitis.
May 19, 2015, 12:47 PM