Thu, Aug. 4, 5:51 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 6:52 AM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ACW, AHGP, AKS, ALLY, AOS, ARLP, ASTE, ATI, AUDC, AVY, AXE, AXTA, BAX, BEAV, BP, BPOP, CAT, CHKP, CIGI, CNC, CNHI, CNX, CPLA, CSL, CTG, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DTE, EEFT, EXAS, FBC, FCH, FCX, FELE, FIS, FMER, GPK, HOT, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, JBLU, JNS, KEY, KKR, LLY, LPT, MAS, MBLY, MCD, MDXG, MMM, NCI, NEO, NLSN, NORD, PCAR, PCH, RAI, RDWR, SAH, SIR, SIRI, ST, TGNA, TNC, TOWR, TROW, UA, USG, UTX, VLO, VZ, WAT, WDR, WWW, XRS
Tue, May 3, 4:59 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 9:02 AM
- Total enrollment rose 2.6% for Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA) in Q1 to 38,503 students. New enrollment was down 3.7% Y/Y.
- Operating margin fell 100 bps to 15.7% during the period.
- The company raises its view for Q2 revenue to $108M to $109M vs. $104M consensus.
- Previously: Capella Education beats by $0.05, beats on revenue (April 26)
Tue, Apr. 26, 6:46 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Thu, Feb. 18, 4:32 PM
- Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.56%
- Payable April 15; for shareholders of record March 10; ex-div March 8.
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:56 AM
- Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA): Q4 EPS of $0.96 in-line.
- Revenue of $109.5M (+1.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.22M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Wed, Feb. 3, 11:54 AM
- Strayer Education (STRA +6.2%) is higher after Credit Suisse lines up a Neutral rating on the for-profit education stock and a $60 price target.
- The CS note is on the optimistic side that some stabilization will be seen this year.
- Other names in the beat-up sector on the move include Capella Education (CPLA +5.3%), DeVry (DV +3.4%), and Education Management (EDMC +6.4%).
Wed, Jan. 27, 1:13 PM
- The fragile for-profit sector is under pressure with DeVry the target of a government lawsuit for misleading consumers.
- The FTC and DOE both took action against DeVry for deceptive marketing practices.
- Decliners include Apollo Education (APOL -3.4%), Nord Anglia Education Group (NORD -3.5%), Strayer Education (STRA -3.7%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -4.2%), Capella Education (CPLA -2.6%), and Bridgepoint Education (BPI -2.6%).
Dec. 10, 2015, 11:55 AM| Dec. 10, 2015, 11:55 AM
Dec. 9, 2015, 4:26 PM
- Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, 5.4% increase from prior dividend of $0.37.
- Forward yield 3.4%
- Payable Jan. 15; for shareholders of record Dec. 23; ex-div Dec. 21.
- The board of directors also approved a $50M increase to its share repurchase program.
Nov. 18, 2015, 12:26 PM
- A probe by the Department of Education and California Attorney General found Corinthian Colleges (NASDAQ:COCO) overstated school placement rates by a large percentage in order to help attract students.
- Corinthian Colleges closed operations last year amid intense scrutiny.
- It's another black eye for the for-profit education sector which has seen several scandals over the last year.
- YTD performance of some of the for-profit players: Apollo Education (NASDAQ:APOL) -79%, DeVVry (NYSE:DV) -52%, Capella (NASDAQ:CPLA) -40.7%, American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) -38%, Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) -31%, Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA) -32%, K12 (NYSE:LRN) -22%, Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE) -17%.
Oct. 27, 2015, 6:46 AM
- Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA): Q3 EPS of $0.67 in-line.
- Revenue of $103.71M (+0.6% Y/Y) misses by $1.12M.