Wed, Feb. 3, 11:54 AM
- Strayer Education (STRA +6.2%) is higher after Credit Suisse lines up a Neutral rating on the for-profit education stock and a $60 price target.
- The CS note is on the optimistic side that some stabilization will be seen this year.
- Other names in the beat-up sector on the move include Capella Education (CPLA +5.3%), DeVry (DV +3.4%), and Education Management (EDMC +6.4%).
Wed, Jan. 27, 1:13 PM
- The fragile for-profit sector is under pressure with DeVry the target of a government lawsuit for misleading consumers.
- The FTC and DOE both took action against DeVry for deceptive marketing practices.
- Decliners include Apollo Education (APOL -3.4%), Nord Anglia Education Group (NORD -3.5%), Strayer Education (STRA -3.7%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -4.2%), Capella Education (CPLA -2.6%), and Bridgepoint Education (BPI -2.6%).
Dec. 10, 2015, 11:55 AM| Dec. 10, 2015, 11:55 AM
Jul. 29, 2014, 11:08 AM
- Shares of Capella Education (CPLA +8.1%) rip higher after the company sets Q3 revenue guidance above expectations.
- New enrollment increased 11.1% Y/Y in Q2.
- The company sees Q3 revenue growth of 1% to 2% to $101.7M-$102.7M vs. $101.6M consensus.
May 17, 2013, 1:36 PM
For-profit education stocks rally as some bubbling enthusiasm over financial aid legislation is just enough to pressure short sellers in the sector. Gainers: ITT Educational Services (ESI) +10.2%, Career Education (CECO) +11.5%, Corinithian Colleges (COCO) +15.3%, Lincoln Education (LINC) +5.2%, Education Management (EDMC) +5.5%, Bridgepoint Education (BPI)+4.4%, Devry (DV) +3.1%, Capella Education (CPLA) +5.5%,| May 17, 2013, 1:36 PM | 1 Comment
Apr. 23, 2013, 12:56 PM
May 24, 2012, 3:46 PM
Apr. 24, 2012, 10:33 AM
Apr. 16, 2012, 4:04 PM
Capella Education (CPLA -1.4%) acquires the remaining interest in Sophia Learning, a social teaching and learning platform. In January 2011, Capella became a majority investor in Sophia, which provides tens of thousands of free academic tutorials in math, science, English and and a number of other subjects.| Apr. 16, 2012, 4:04 PM
Feb. 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
Oct. 25, 2011, 10:46 AM
Capella Education (CPLA +6.6%) rides an earnings beat higher despite announcing a 36% decline in enrollment from last year's comparable. The company says Q4 revenue will dip 3%-4.5% Y/Y on further enrollment losses tied to Capella University, but sees enrollment losses "moderating." Trading on rivals CECO, DV, STRA, and APOL is mixed.| Oct. 25, 2011, 10:46 AM