What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jul. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ACI, ACIW, ACOR, ACRE, ADP, ALKS, ALLE, ALU, ALXN, AMRC, APD, AVP, AWI, AZN, BC, BCO, BG, BLL, BUD, BWA, BWEN, CAH, CBB, CBM, CBR, CCE, CCJ, CEVA, CI, CL, CME, COP, COT, CPN, CRL, CRR, CRS, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DCIX, DFT, DLPH, EDR, EME, ENTG, EPD, ERJ, ESI, EXLS, FCAU, FCN, FIG, FMS, GG, GHM, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GVA, HEES, HOT, HP, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IDXX, INGR, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, IVZ, KMT, LBY, LINE, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDLZ, MDP, MDXG, MMYT, MOBL, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MWW, NAVB, NICE, NMM, NNN, NOK, NTCT, ODFL, OSK, OXY, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, PG, PNK, PNW, POT, PRFT, PWE, RDS.A, RFP, RTIX, RYAM, RYL, SC, SCG, SEE, SHOO, SHOP, SMP, SNE, SNMX, SSYS, SUI, SWK, TASR, TDY, TE, TEX, TFX, TKR, TMUS, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VG, VICL, VLO, VLY, WST, WWE, XEL, XRAY, XYL, YNDX, ZBH
Jul. 20, 2015, 10:15 AM
- Calpine (CPN +0.1%) agrees to acquire residential electricity provider Champion Energy Services from Houston Astros owner Jim Crane and his Crane Capital Group for $240M.
- CPN was one of the few top power generators without a residential retail arm, but the deal for Champion, with ~2.5M residential customers in Texas and the northeast U.S., will help it move into the sector.
May 1, 2015, 6:03 AM
- Calpine (NYSE:CPN): Q1 net income of -$62M.
- Revenue of $1.64B (-16.3% Y/Y) beats by $210M.
Apr. 30, 2015, 5:30 PM
Apr. 1, 2015, 12:41 PM
- RBC's utilities analyst team turn more positive on the group after the Q1 selloff, and are now focusing on deregulated generators and the new yieldcos.
- RBC expects the yieldcos to raise distributions in the coming years, in effect offsetting the interest rate risk inherent in most of the sector.
- The firm considers four stocks as “best plays” in the sector and rates them Outperform: Abengoa Yield (NASDAQ:ABY), Pattern Energy (NASDAQ:PEGI), Calpine (NYSE:CPN) and Exelon (NYSE:EXC).
Mar. 19, 2015, 5:37 PM
Feb. 13, 2015, 6:08 AM
- Calpine (NYSE:CPN): Q4 Net Loss of $50M.
- Revenue of $1.94B (+34.7% Y/Y) beats by $270M.
Feb. 12, 2015, 5:30 PM
Nov. 11, 2014, 8:26 AM
- CB&I (NYSE:CBI) has received a contract from Calpine Mid-Merit, an affiliate of Calpine Corp. (NYSE:CPN), for the initial development phase of a 760 MW gas turbine power station in Pennsylvania.
- Separately, CB&I has been awarded a contract valued in excess of $40M by Coffeyville Resources Refining & Marketing for the engineering, procurement, and field construction of a 22M standard cu. ft. per day hydrogen plant at its refinery in Kansas.
Nov. 6, 2014, 6:05 AM
- Calpine (NYSE:CPN): Q3 EPS of $1.52 beats by $0.97.
- Revenue of $2.18B (+6.3% Y/Y) beats by $330M.
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Sep. 3, 2014, 10:18 AM
- Calpine (CPN -0.4%) will keep spending on acquisitions and share buybacks thanks to its ability to profit whether natural gas prices are high or low, CEO Thad Hill tells Bloomberg.
- CPN's fleet of gas power plants is concentrated in combined-cycle natural gas, putting it in a better position than peers that have a mix of coal and nuclear plants, Hill says, and allows the company to make smaller profits when gas prices are below $4/MBtu as volume increases and bigger margins when prices are above $4 as revenue increases.
- Hill says he sees potential in the the mid-Atlantic and Northeast as older plants retire and in Texas as the population and state economy gain.
Aug. 28, 2014, 4:52 PM
- Calpine (NYSE:CPN) says it has agreed in principle to sell a Florida power plant to Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK) but the companies could take at least another month to finalize the terms of the deal.
- CPN says the companies took the unusual step of announcing the deal for the Osprey Energy natural gas-fired plant near Tampa all the details were settled because DUK withdrew its request to the state of Florida for permission to build its own new peaker unit and had to explain why.
- UBS analysts predict a price for Osprey at $120M-$180M.
Aug. 25, 2014, 8:44 AM
- Calpine (NYSE:CPN) agrees to purchase the 809 mw, combined-cycle Fore River Generation Station power plant and related plant inventory from Exelon (NYSE:EXC) for $530M, or ~$655/kw.
- CPN says the natural gas-fired plant located in the Boston suburbs will expand its footprint in the New England competitive wholesale power market.
Aug. 1, 2014, 6:12 AM
- Calpine Corporation (NYSE:CPN): Q2 EPS of $0.33 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.02.
- Revenue of $1.94B (+23.6% Y/Y) beats by $540M.
Jul. 31, 2014, 5:30 PM
Calpine Corp is a wholesale power producer. The Company owns and operates natural gas-fired and geothermal power plants in North America. It sells wholesale power, steam, capacity and ancillary services to utilities, independent electric system operators.
Other News & PR