Copart Marching To Its Own Beat
A Smashed Car Is Gold To Copart
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Thu, May 26, 12:14 PM
- RIght now, the chance of an affirmative vote in the Brexit referendum is looking mighty slim, so it's hard to imagine much of an edge here. Nevertheless, the team at JPMorgan has identified 22 U.S. stocks with the highest U.K. exposure as a percent of revenue. These names would thus theoretically benefit from a "Remain" vote.
- Penske (NYSE:PAG), PPL Corp. (NYSE:PPL), PRA Health (NASDAQ:PRAH), Invesco (NYSE:IVZ), Xerox (NYSE:XRX), Ford (NYSE:F), Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), CBRE Group (NYSE:CBG), Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Marsh & McLennan (NYSE:MMC), MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), ON Semi (NASDAQ:ON), Aon (NYSE:AON), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Crane (NYSE:CR), Maximus (NYSE:MMS), Legg Mason (NYSE:LM), Guidewire (NYSE:GWRE), Signet (NYSE:SIG), Fair Isaac (NYSE:FICO), DST Systems (NYSE:DST).
Wed, May 25, 6:05 PM
Tue, May 24, 5:35 PM
Wed, May 11, 12:28 PM
- "The mall is not dead, it has just moved online," asserts EQM Indexes CEO and SA contributor Jane Edmondson. Though her analysis is not entirely new, it's certainly well-timed amid a battering of mall-based chains this week (see reports on L Brands, Gap, and Macy's for some of the carnage details).
- EQM licensed its online retail index to ETF provider Amplify Investment for use in the new Amplify Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY).
- The online retail ETF lists Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI), PetMed Express (NASDAQ:PETS), Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY), Amazon (of course), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), Grubhub (NYSE:GRUB), Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), and Lands End (NASDAQ:LE) as top holdings.
- The fund has only traded for a few weeks, but could catch some attention with the ground shifting underneath traditional retail.
- Earlier today, the Global Millennials Thematic ETF (NASDAQ:MILN) was highlighted. This ETF shares some of the same holdings as the online retail play and has Amazon as its top holding.
- Complete list of Amplify Online Retail ETF holdings
- Previously: Amazon rambles to all-time high amid retail chaos (May 11)
Tue, Feb. 23, 6:09 PM
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ALDR, ARC, ATRC, BBRG, BNFT, CAR, CONE, CPRT, CVG, CZR, DWA, DXCM, DY, EHTH, EIX, ENPH, ETSY, EXAM, EXR, FIVN, FMI, FSLR, GNMK, HAWK, HCKT, HLS, INFI, JAZZ, JBT, KRA, MASI, MATX, MSA, NYMT, ORA, PEI, PLKI, PRA, PRSS, PZZA, ROIC, RP, RUBI, SF, SLCA, SM, TGB, TROX, TTPH, TX, UCTT, VRSK, WBMD, WMGI, WTR, XXIA, Y
Dec. 30, 2015, 8:31 AM
- Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT) discloses results of its Dutch Auction tender offer.
- The company says it acquired a total of 8,333,333 shares at a purchase price of $39 per share.
- After accounting for oversubscribed shares, the final proration factor of tendered shares was 70.5%.
Nov. 23, 2015, 5:34 PM
- Along with its FQ1 results, Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT) has announced Jeffrey Law, formerly the CFO of truck/trailer part distributor FleetPride and before that a principal at P-E firm TPG Capital, is its new CFO, effective Jan. 4. He replaces William Franklin, who will remain Copart's EVP for U.S. operations and shared services.
- The car auction site and marketing service provider has also announced it plans to buy back up to 7.32M shares (6.1% of outstanding shares) at prices between $38 and $41 through a Dutch auction tender offer set to run from Nov. 24 to Dec. 23. At $41, Copart would be spending $300M on the buyback.
- Shares have risen to $38.10 after hours.
- Copart's FQ1 miss, earnings release
Nov. 23, 2015, 5:10 PM
- Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT): FQ1 EPS of $0.42 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $288.84M (-0.5% Y/Y) misses by $1.38M.
Nov. 22, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 14, 2015, 9:12 AM
- Retail sales improved 2.4% Y/Y with some categories helping to offset the 20% drop in gasoline station sales.
- Clothing store sales improved 0.9% M/M and 4.7% Y/Y. Both marks were much higher than sales churned up from department stores.
- As expected, auto dealers and auto parts stores (ABG, AN, CPRT, GPI, KMX, LAD, PAG, AAP, AZO, ORLY, PBY) showed a brisk 9% Y/Y gain.
- Furniture and home furnishings store sales were also ahead of the broad retail sales growth numbers with gains of 0.6% M/M and 5.3% Y/Y.
- Previously: Retail sales missed consensus in September (Oct. 14 2015)
- Related ETFs: IYK, IYC, SCC, UCC, UGE, SZK
Sep. 22, 2015, 5:40 PM
Sep. 22, 2015, 4:52 PM
- Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT): FQ4 EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $282.29M (-1.8% Y/Y) in-line.
Sep. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM| Sep. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM
May 27, 2015, 6:32 PM
- Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT): FQ3 EPS of $0.44 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $297.14M (-4.1% Y/Y) misses by $14.55M.
May 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
Copart, Inc. is a provider of online auctions and vehicle remarketing services. The company also provides vehicle remarketing services in the United Arab Emirates, Germany, and Spain. It provides vehicle sellers with a full range of services to process and sell vehicles primarily over the... More
Industry: Auto Dealerships
Country: United States
Other News & PR