Taking Profits (Reluctantly) At Cray
Vince Martin • 14 Comments
Vince Martin • 14 Comments
Wed, Aug. 3, 3:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 12:48 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:15 AM
- Gainers: SZMK +45%. KOOL +43%. INVT +26%. GNW +23%. ZAGG +14%. OCLR +12%. FIT +9%. BOFI +8%. ING +8%. TRXC +8%. ETP +7%. FCAU +6%. ETSY +6%. ZTS +6%.
- Losers: RUBI -29%. DRWI -20%. CRAY -20%. VGZ -19%. KATE -18%. CYH -17%. CROX -17%. ELGX -11%. FTAI -9%. QRVO -8%. SHIP -6%. COH -6%. RGC -6%. HBI -6%. KORS -6%. INO -5%.
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:41 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:13 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Wed, Jun. 15, 3:07 PM
Wed, May 4, 12:50 PM
Wed, May 4, 9:10 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:37 PM
Tue, May 3, 4:49 PM
- Though CRAY beat Q1 estimates, the supercomputer maker says there's now "an increased level of risk" to hitting full-year sales guidance of $825M (near an $826.3M consensus). The risk stems from "reliance on key third-party components, some of which have already been delayed, and the level and timing of new orders."
- Also: Q2 revenue guidance is at $100M, below a $120.7M consensus. 2016 non-GAAP gross margin guidance is now at 33%, slightly above a reported 2015 GM of 32%. Cray previously forecast GM would rise by 100-200 bps in 2016.
- Op. margin is still expected to improve in 2016. 60% of 2016 revenue is now expected to come in Q4.
- CRAY -17.5% after hours to $32.11.
- Cray's Q1 results, earnings release
Tue, May 3, 4:21 PM
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Tue, Feb. 16, 3:05 PM
- Plenty of tech companies are posting outsized gains on a day the Nasdaq is up 2%. Not surprisingly, many of the standouts are companies that have been hammered since New Year's.
- Notable gainers include action camera leader GoPro (GPRO +12.9%) and GoPro video processor supplier Ambarella (AMBA +6.2%), threat-prevention tech provider FireEye (FEYE +11.2%), supercomputer maker Cray (CRAY +19.5%), chip packaging/testing firm ChipMOS (IMOS +17.8%), point-of-sale hardware/software firm NCR (NCR +9.7%), Web hosting/domain registration firm GoDaddy (GDDY +9%), and driver-assistance system provider Mobileye (MBLY +7.4%). FireEye fell on Friday in the wake of its Q4 report.
- Other big gainers: RF chipmakers Skyworks (SWKS +6.4%) and Qorvo (QRVO +8.9%), 4G modem/M2M module maker Sierra Wireless (SWIR +8%), microcontroller/flash memory maker Cypress Semi (CY +7.5%), microphone maker Knowles (KN +8%), inventory-tracking hardware firm Zebra Technologies (ZBRA +8.5%), cloud HR software firm Paylocity (PCTY +7.8%), cloud collaboration/chat software firm Atlassian (TEAM +10.5%), touch controller/display driver vendor Synaptics (SYNA +7.8%), and online P2P lender LendingClub (LC +14.2%). LendingClub rallied last week after posting a Q4 beat and announcing a $150M buyback.
- Previously covered: Solar stocks, Chinese tech stocks, Groupon, Sonus, Black Box, Canadian Solar, Palo Alto Networks, Qualcomm
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:37 PM
- CRAY's Q4 beat was accompanied by guidance for Q1 revenue of $100M, above a $97.2M consensus.
- Full-year sales guidance of ~$825M is once more reiterated; consensus is at $817.7M. Op. margin is expected to be up Y/Y in 2016, with gross margin rising by 100-200 bps.
- Gross margin fell to 32% from 34% a year ago. GAAP operating expenses rose 13% Y/Y to $56M. Cray ended 2015 with $285M in cash and no debt.
- CRAY +3.1% after hours to $35.00.
- Cray's Q4 results, earnings release
- Last month: Cray ups 2015 guidance, reiterates 2016 guidance
Thu, Feb. 11, 4:10 PM
- Cray (NASDAQ:CRAY): Q4 EPS of $0.79 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $267.5M (+2.1% Y/Y) beats by $4.04M.
- Shares -0.15%.
Cray, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures and markets supercomputers and provide storage and analytics solutions. The company also provides software, system maintenance and support services and engineering services related to supercomputer systems. Its customers include domestic and foreign... More
Industry: Diversified Computer Systems
Country: United States