China Resources Enterprise Rebases Around Beer
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Wed, Sep. 14, 3:40 AM
- China Resources Beer Holdings (OTCPK:CRHKY) is considering a bid for SABMiller's (OTCPK:SBMRY) central and eastern European assets, valued at about $6B, sources told Bloomberg.
- A sale process for the assets, which include the brewer of Czech lager Pilsner Urquell, is expected to start next month after SABMiller's deal with AB InBev closes.
Wed, Jul. 6, 2:44 AM
- Consolidating its lead in the world's largest beer market, China Resources Beer (OTCPK:CRHKY) plans to to raise HK$9.51B ($1.2B) via a deeply discounted rights offer to part-fund the purchase of SABMiller's (OTCPK:SBMRY) holdings in their joint venture.
- The maker of the world's best-selling Snow brand beer agreed in March to buy the stake for $1.6B, smoothing the way for a takeover of its partner by AB InBev (NYSE:BUD).
Thu, Jun. 30, 6:40 AM
- AB InBev's (NYSE:BUD) roughly $108B takeover of SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) has been cleared by South Africa’s Competition Tribunal, leaving only two more approvals before the deal can close.
- To appease U.S. and Chinese regulators, AB InBev has agreed to sell SABMiller's interest in MillerCoors to Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) and CR Snow to China Resources Beer Holdings (OTCPK:CRHKY).
Nov. 11, 2015, 11:07 AM
- There are some gentle gains across the beer sector after Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +1.1%) and SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +2.2%) formalize their merger plan.
- Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY +1.6%), Molson Coors (TAP +0.7%), Ambev (ABEV +0.9%), Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY +5.9%), Craft Brew Alliance (BREW +1.8%), and Boston Beer (SAM +0.2%) are showing increases of varying degrees.
- Most analysts think the beer giants will make the necessary concessions to appease regulators in the U.S. and China. On SA, Chris DeMuth says the deal will extend the reach of the best operators in the business.
- Molson Coors in particular is widely identified as a winner in the deal through its pickup of a full stake in MillerCoors. Still to play out is what beer company makes a bid for SABMiller's position in CR Snow in China. China Resources Beer Holdings (OTCPK:CRHKY, OTC:CRHKF) is the 51% owner of the alluring JV.
- Previously: Molson Coors sees huge synergies down the road from MillerCoors deal (Nov. 11 2015)
- Previously: AB InBev, SABMiller seal MegaBrew deal (Nov. 11 2015)