Thu, Oct. 29, 9:45 AM
- Carter's (NYSE:CRI) is down 5.2% after reporting a retail stores comparable sales decline of 5.6% in Q3.
- The company's adjusted operating margin increased 120 bps to 15.4% off some leveraging of expenses.
- Investors seem to be skittish off the tone of management during the earnings call on Q4 trends.
- Previously: Carter's beats by $0.06, misses on revenue (Oct. 29 2015)
Wed, Apr. 29, 10:24 AM
- Carter's (CRI +5.9%) trades higher after showing strength in its Q1 report.
- Sales in both the Carter's and OshKosh Bgosh retail segments rose at a double-digit clip to help offset a slip in global sales
- Operating margin rate +290 bps to 12.3% with expense leverage kicking in.
- Guidance: The company expects FY15 sales growth of 5% and EPS growth of 10% to 14%.
- Previously: Carter's beats by $0.23, beats on revenue
Mon, Mar. 23, 10:02 AM
- Weak guidance from Kansas City Southern is taking down some peers on fears of a drop in energy segment revenue.
- There is also concern in the sector on tighter regulations after an increase in accidents.
- Previously: Kansas City Southern lowers 2015 revenue outlook (Mar. 23 2015)
- Decliners: Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) -2.0%, Norfolk Southern (NYSE:NSC) -1.1%, Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR) -1.0%, CSX (NYSE:CSX) -1.2%, Canadian Pacific (NYSE:CP) -1.4%, Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CRI) -1.0%.
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:10 AM
Oct. 8, 2014, 10:04 AM
Dec. 18, 2012, 10:57 AM
Feb. 29, 2012, 2:32 PMThe holidays weren't kind to many apparel companies, but Carter's (CRI +9.4%) easily beat its guidance and analyst views. Q4 core EPS surprisingly rose as weaker gross margins were offset by overhead rising less than revenue. Same-store sales grew ~7% for both the namesake and OshKosh chains, and CRI expects solid overall top-line gains for this year. | Feb. 29, 2012, 2:32 PM | Comment!
Dec. 6, 2011, 8:24 AMBaby apparel maker Carter's (CRI) gains 1.8% thanks to an upgrade to Buy from Goldman. The firm, which is also lifting its PT to $46, believes Carter's is "in the early stages of raising prices in its wholesale business," so as to offset rising costs. P-E firm Berkshire Partners owns a large stake in Carter's, and has been looking to make its presence felt. | Dec. 6, 2011, 8:24 AM | Comment!
May 25, 2011, 2:36 PMShares of children's retailer Carter's (CRI +13.7%) spike after the Berkshire Fund reported it held a 13.2% stake and could discuss going-private transactions with the company's management, according to an SEC filing. The news fuels speculation the buyout firm will pressure Carter's to entertain takeover offers. | May 25, 2011, 2:36 PM | Comment!
Carter's Inc is a branded marketer of apparel for babies & young children in USA. The Company through its subsidiaries design, source & market branded childrenswear under the Carter's, Child of Mine, Just One You, Precious Firsts, OshKosh & other brands.
Other News & PR