Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.NYSE
Thu, Dec. 1, 9:48 AM
- CRO Charles River Laboratories (CRL +0.3%), through a license agreement with the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, debuts a full end-to-end service offering of the genome engineering technology known as CRISPR/Cas9. CRL intends to use the technology to develop more translational research models to improve the efficiency and effectiveness in the drug discovery process. Financial terms are not disclosed.
- Editas Medicine (EDIT -1.5%) is the independent commercial venture aimed at monetizing Broad's patents via the development of new therapies.
Wed, Nov. 30, 12:11 PM
- Barclays tempers its outlook for CRO Charles River Laboratories (CRL -0.4%) with an upgrade to Equal Weight from Underweight. Its previous price target was $65 (9% below the current price).
- Bank of America rates it a Buy with a $93 (30% upside) price target.
Wed, Nov. 2, 7:05 AM
Tue, Nov. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ADP, AGN, ALKS, AMSC, ANTM, ARCC, ARCO, ASC, BABA, BAH, BDC, BG, BTE, CBB, CCJ, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLH, CLX, CRL, CRTO, CSTE, DLPH, DNOW, DOC, EE, EL, EMES, FLWS, FUN, GLDD, GPT, HCN, HEP, HSIC, HST, HYH, INGR, INXN, IPI, JLL, KATE, MMP, MNTA, MVIS, NRZ, NS, NSM, NVMI, NWN, NYT, ODP, OMAM, ORBC, ORBK, OZM, PCRX, Q, SABR, SBGI, SE, SEP, SHOP, SJR, SNAK, SNR, SRE, STE, STWD, SUM, TEL, TGNA, TMHC, TOWR, TRP, TWX, VER, VMC, VOYA, VSI, WD, YELP, ZTS
Mon, Oct. 31, 7:29 AM
- Wells Fargo notes that INCR reported a "strong quarter," with in-line revenue and a modest EPS beat on strong profitability. It also increased 2017 EPS guidance.
- "Investor sentiment was negative last week due to fear that bookings issues for PRXL and Covance (NYSE:CVD) would prove to be systemic. Today's print seems to bolster our thesis that Covance and PRXL are experiencing company specific issues."
- "We think results may provide some relief to pharma services peers yet to report (Q, CRL, MEDP, PRAH, and possibly even CTLT and PTHN)."
- "We believe INCR should be able to grow EPS at a CAGR of at about 13% over the next five years (including capital deployment). We believe the multiple can remain stable, affording investors a midteens return."
Wed, Sep. 28, 6:13 PM
- Charles River Laboratories (NYSE:CRL) acquires Agilux Laboratories for $64M in cash subject to certain closing adjustments. The Worcester, MA-based contract research organization (CRO) provides a range of integrated small and large molecule bioanalytical services, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic services and pharmacology services.
- The transaction should be neutral to CRL's Q4 non-GAAP earnings and slightly accretive in 2017. Agilux's top line should be ~$27M this year.
Wed, Aug. 3, 7:10 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AFAM, ALE, APO, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLDT, CLH, CLX, CRL, CROX, CRTO, CSTE, CWEI, D, DDD, DIN, DLPH, DM, DNOW, DOC, EE, ENR, FCPT, FUN, GEL, HFC, HUM, HYH, ICE, ING, INSY, INXN, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LINC, LMOS, MDC, MEMP, MFA, MTOR, NBL, NSM, NVMI, ODP, ORBK, OXY, PERI, POR, RRD, SBGI, SC, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SMG, SMP, SPR, SR, SUM, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VER, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, XEL, ZTS
Mon, Jun. 27, 4:46 PM
- Charles River Laboratories (NYSE:CRL) acquires contract research organization (CRO) Blue Stream Laboratories for an undisclosed sum. The Woburn, MA-based outfit specializes in the development of complex biologics and biosimilars. It is also known for its prowess in structural and functional protein characterization programs and the development and validation of assays for current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) lot release and stability programs.
Fri, Jun. 24, 6:48 AM
- SAGE Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SAGE) initiated with Buy rating and $36 (17% upside) price target by Maxim Group.
- Ignyta (NASDAQ:RXDX) initiated with Overweight rating and $15 (192% upside) price target by JPMorgan.
- Summit Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SMMT) initiated with Buy rating and $15 (84% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- PRA Health Services (NASDAQ:PRAH) initiated with Neutral rating and $43 (2% downside risk) price target by Credit Suisse.
- Charles River Laboratories (NYSE:CRL) initiated with Neutral rating and $84 (0% upside) price target by Credit Suisse.
- Reata Pharmaceuticals (Pending:RETA) initiated with Outperform rating and $22 (11% upside) price target by Cowen & Company.
- ProQR Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PRQR) initiated with Neutral rating and $4.50 (11% downside risk) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Amedisys (NASDAQ:AMED) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $55 (8% upside) price target by Stephens & Company.
Wed, May 4, 10:49 AM
- Charles River Laboratories (CRL +0.5%) Q1 results: Revenues: $354.9M (+10.8%); SG&A: $82.9M (+16.1%); Operating Income: $51.5M (+19.8%); Net Income: $37.6M (+19.0%); EPS: $0.78 (+18.2%); Non-GAAP EPS: $0.98 (+24.1%); Quick Assets: $157.4M (+33.5%); CF Ops: $38.5M (+240.7%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenue growth (constant currency): 20% - 23.5 (unch); GAAP EPS: $3.39 - 3.57; Non-GAAP EPS: $4.32 - 4.45.
Wed, May 4, 7:08 AM
- Charles River Laboratories (NYSE:CRL): Q1 EPS of $0.98 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $354.89M (+10.8% Y/Y) in-line.
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS
Fri, Apr. 8, 9:50 AM
- Avondale's Greg Bolan believes the near-term outlook for contract research organizations (CROs) is unfavorable due to big pharma's appetite for significant deals, bolstered by the failed Allergan (AGN +0.7%)/Pfizer (PFE -0.8%) marriage. The reason is that when a big acquisition is on the table, clinical trial-related activity freezes up due to the potential change in R&D priorities that frequently follows the transactions.
- Related tickers: (Q +0.6%)(PRAH -1.2%)(ICLR +0.5%)(PRAH -1.2%)(CRL -0.5%)(PRXL)
Wed, Feb. 10, 8:43 AM
- Charles River Laboratories (CRL) Q4 results: Revenues: $353.9M (+7.4%); SG&A: $81.5M (+13.2%); Operating Income: $52.3M (+28.2%); Net Income: $33.3M (+16.8%); EPS: $0.69 (+16.9%); Non-GAAP EPS: $1.00 (+23.5%).
- FY2015 results: Revenues: $1,363.3M (+5.1%); SG&A: $300.4M (+11.7%); Operating Income: $206.4M (+16.2%); Net Income: $152M (+17.0%); EPS: $3.15 (+16.7%); Non-GAAP EPS: $3.76 (+8.7%); Quick Assets: $117.9M (-26.3%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenue growth (constant currency): 9% - 11; GAAP EPS: $3.60 - 3.70; Non-GAAP EPS: $4.07 - 4.17.
Wed, Feb. 10, 7:01 AM
- Charles River Laboratories (NYSE:CRL): Q4 EPS of $1.00 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $353.85M (+7.4% Y/Y) beats by $4.65M.