CARBO Ceramics: Focus On Liquidity
CARBO Ceramics: Will You Take The Bait?
Spotlight Research • 12 Comments
Spotlight Research • 12 Comments
Tue, Sep. 20, 4:46 PM
- via Bespoke - see table
- Five of the stocks have > 50% of their shares sold short.
- SHLD leads the pack.
Fri, Jul. 29, 2:04 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:15 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Fri, Jul. 15, 12:59 PM
- Fairmount Santrol (FMSA -19.8%) is nearly 20% lower after preliminary Q2 earnings, revenues and adjusted EBITDA all miss estimates, but analysts sees potential weakness in shares.
- Tudor Pickering analysts say the results should not be too surprising given that the U.S. onshore rig count is down 25%-30% Q/Q, and the firm says it retains its Buy rating for FMSA as a preferred oil service name for an "impending” energy market upturn.
- RBC, which rates FMSA at Outperform, still likes the company for strong forecasted volume growth driven by increasing proppant intensity, and sees potential for pricing power, share gains, potential capital structure M&A as the energy cycle matures.
- Jefferies rates FMSA only at Hold, saying the revenue miss may suggest some combination of greater pricing pressure, “negative mix shift” in which the firm sees “less resin coated proppant and a lower percentage of in-basin sales.”
- Also: SLCA -2.5%, HCLP -4.5%, EMES -5.9%, CRR -1.1%.
Wed, Jul. 13, 12:44 PM
Mon, Jun. 6, 2:18 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 12:46 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:28 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Apr. 21, 9:53 AM
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR -7.6%) says it will idle most production activities at its plants in New Iberia, La., laying off 61 employees, and Toomsboro, Ga., as demand for high-end proppants has diminished.
- CRR says the moves are in response to a depressed commodity price for oil and the resulting negative impact on industry activity levels and on the demand for ceramic proppant, and it sees no indications of any significant positive change in the near-term.
- Now read Bakken update: Mega-fracs could mean Carbo Ceramics is a dead man walking
Fri, Mar. 18, 12:48 PM
Fri, Mar. 18, 12:42 PM
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR -13.2%) sinks to one-month lows following a negative blog from Forensic Research Analyst, which says its analysis of CRR's FracFocus data "incontrovertibly demonstrates" that the company’s largest remaining customers are moving away from ceramics to sand completions.
- The blog notes CRR broke a leverage covenant at the end of January and now is in near-term danger of another covenant violation, and says a near‐term dilutive equity raise can only buy a few more quarters of further balance sheet runway and "will only serve to delay the inevitable."
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:41 PM
Thu, Jan. 28, 5:32 AM
- CARBO Ceramics (NYSE:CRR): Q4 EPS of -$0.60 beats by $0.23.
- Revenue of $56.8M (-66.2% Y/Y) beats by $8.28M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH