Feb. 5, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Courier Corp. (NASDAQ:CRRC) agrees to be acquired by R.R. Donnelley (NASDAQ:RRD) for $23/share, terminating the previously announced deal to be acquired by Quad/Graphics (NYSE:QUAD).
- CRRC had agreed to be bought by QUAD for $20.50, but RRD swooped in with an unsolicited $23/share offer on Jan. 27.
- RRD expects the acquisition to be both deleveraging and accretive to earnings within 12 months following the closing of the deal, likely in H2 2015.
Jan. 27, 2015, 8:48 AM
- Courier (NASDAQ:CRRC) says it has received an unsolicited proposal from R.R. Donnelley & Sons (NASDAQ:RRD) to acquire the company for $23/share.
- Earlier this month, CRRC agreed to be bought by Quad/Graphics (NYSE:QUAD) in a cash and stock deal that valued CRRC at $20.50/share; Courier's board says it has not changed its recommendation in support of the merger with QUAD.
- CRRC is halted.
Jan. 16, 2015, 3:55 PM
- Courier Corp. (CRRC +35.9%) surges after agreeing to be acquired today by Quad/Graphics (QUAD -1.2%) for $260M.
- Shareholders will receive cash and stock equivalent to ~$20.50/share, a 41% premium over CRRC's closing price yesterday.
- QUAD expects the acquisition to close by mid-year, be accretive to earnings in 2016, and that the purchase price multiple will be less than 5x adjusted EBITDA after taking into account anticipated synergies.