Thu, Feb. 18, 4:43 PM
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN +1.1%) posted profits that grew 33% on the back of double-digit advertising gains in a holiday-packed Q4.
- Cost of services was up 65%, and programming costs grew 66% Q/Q due to higher costs for daytime programming. Shares are flat in after-hours action.
- Revenue breakout: Advertising, $131.9M (up 21.9%); Advertising by Hallmark Cards, $2.27M (down 22.6%); Subscriber fees, $21.988M (up 8.4%); Other, $2.6M (down 8.3%).
- The company added 5.1M Hallmark Channel subscribers in 2015, and 6.7M Hallmark Movies & Mysteries subs. For the full year, ad revenues grew 18%.
- The channel again took the ratings crown among women 25-54 in November and December, with the help of its "Countdown to Christmas" programming push. More events are planned, says CEO Bill Abbott: "Forging ahead in 2016, we will continue to focus on being the celebration destination for viewers with events such as Winterfest, Countdown to Valentines Day, June Weddings, Fall Harvest, and Thanksgiving Weekend Event."
- Conference call to come tomorrow at 11 a.m. ET.
- Press Release
Thu, Feb. 18, 4:21 PM
Nov. 2, 2015, 8:35 AM
- Crown Media (NASDAQ:CRWN): Q3 EPS of $0.02
- Revenue of $106.21M (+13.8% Y/Y)
Aug. 3, 2015, 9:51 AM
- Crown Media (NASDAQ:CRWN) is up 3.8% after its Q2 results where it grew EPS 50% Y/Y on a 16% revenue gain paced by strong ratings-based advertising growth.
- Adjusted EBITDA grew 26% to $46.7M. Cash from operating activities was $33.7M vs. a year-ago $32.4M.
- Revenue by segment: Advertising, $88.9M (up 18.5%); Subscriber fees, $20.6M (down 1.8%; revenue dropped from one distributor); Advertising by Hallmark Cards, $500K (down 42.5%); Other, $3.32M (up 482%, due to licensing revenue from original scripted series).
- Conference call to come at 11 a.m. ET.
Aug. 3, 2015, 8:35 AM
- Crown Media (NASDAQ:CRWN): Q2 EPS of $0.06
- Revenue of $113.25M (+16.3% Y/Y)
May 1, 2015, 9:10 AM
- Hallmark-brand pay TV provider Crown Media Holdings (NASDAQ:CRWN) is up 5.6% premarket after a second straight quarter of double-digit ad revenue growth led it to an $18.5M profit for Q1, up 54% Y/Y.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $40.3M, compared to a prior-year $31M.
- Revenue breakout: Advertising, $78.4M (up 14.4%); Advertising by Hallmark Cards, $759M (down 11.2%); Subscriber fees, $20.9M (down 0.6%); Other, $479K (up 71%).
- Conference call at 11 a.m. ET.
May 1, 2015, 8:35 AM
- Crown Media (NASDAQ:CRWN): Q1 EPS of $0.05
- Revenue of $100.5M (+10.8% Y/Y) beats by $4.4M.
Feb. 20, 2015, 8:36 AM
- Crown Media (NASDAQ:CRWN): Q4 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $134.24M (+13.4% Y/Y) misses by $2.77M.
Nov. 7, 2014, 8:35 AM
- Crown Media Holdings (NASDAQ:CRWN): Q3 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $93.33M (+10.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.94M.
Aug. 1, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Crown Media Holdings (NASDAQ:CRWN): Q2 EPS of $0.05
- Revenue of $97.4M (+8.8% Y/Y)
May 2, 2014, 9:24 AM
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): Q1 EPS of $0.03.
- Revenue of $90.7M (+6% Y/Y).
Feb. 21, 2014, 8:44 AM
- Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (CRWN): Q4 EPS of $0.07
- Revenue of $118.4M (+15.7% Y/Y)
Feb. 22, 2013, 9:13 AMCrown Media Holdings (CRWN): Q4 EPS of $0.19. Revenue of $102.3M (+3% Y/Y). (PR) | Feb. 22, 2013, 9:13 AM | 1 Comment
Crown Media Holdings, Inc. owns and operates pay television Networks, which are dedicated to entertainment programming for families and an outlet for advertisers seeking to target there viewers. It is the parent for the portfolio of cable networks and related businesses under Crown Media Family... More
Industry: CATV Systems
Country: United States
Other News & PR