Cash America: Spin-Off Of Its E-Commerce Business Should Unlock Substantial Value
Eight Diamonds Advisors • 13 Comments
Eight Diamonds Advisors • 13 Comments
Today, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Jun. 2, 6:30 AM
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will release a set of sweeping proposals today aimed at reshaping the market for payday loans and other expensive credit that the agency and consumer advocates call "debt traps."
- The rules would limit the number of payday loans (which can carry interest rates as high as 390%) a consumer can take out, change how lenders collect payments and require them to do a more thorough review of borrowers' finances.
- Related tickers: EZPW, CSH, FCFS, QCCO
Wed, May 11, 10:39 AM
- Google has previously prohibited ads for illegal activities like selling guns, explosives, and drugs, but to this point it has never banned a broad category of financial products.
- Beginning July 13, consumers will still be able to find payday lenders on a Google search, but ads appearing on the top and right-hand side of results will not show marketing from the industry.
- "We’ll continue to review the effectiveness of this policy, but our hope is that fewer people will be exposed to misleading or harmful products," says Google global product policy director David Graff.
- Payday lenders already have a big regulatory target on their back, but this action from Google (combined with Facebook which already bans the ads) could have more impact.
- Of interest to: EZCORP (NASDAQ:EZPW), Cash America (NYSE:CSH), First Cash Financial (NASDAQ:FCFS), QC Holdings (NASDAQ:QCCO).
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:59 AM
- First Cash Financial Services (NASDAQ:FCFS) and Cash America International (NYSE:CSH) will combine in a merger of equals.
- About $50M in annual run-rate synergies are expected, and the combined company should be able to pay an annual dividend of $0.76 per share.
- The new company will be named FirstCash, and will have more than 2K locations across the U.S. and Latin America.
- Terms: Cash America shareholders will receive 0.84 First Cash shares for each Cash America share they own, and own 42% of the combined company.
- Source: Press Release
- CHS +3.2% premarket
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:16 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:12 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Jan. 28, 5:55 AM
- Cash America (NYSE:CSH) declares $0.08/share quarterly dividend, 60% increase from prior dividend of $0.05.
- Forward yield 1.11%
- Payable Feb. 24; for shareholders of record Feb. 10; ex-div Feb. 8.
Thu, Jan. 28, 5:54 AM
- Cash America (NYSE:CSH): Q4 EPS of $0.48 in-line.
- Revenue of $280.08M (-3.2% Y/Y) misses by $4.67M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Oct. 29, 2015, 11:17 AM
- Q3 EPS of $0.19 met expectations, gained 19% on an adjusted basis from one year ago, and fell above the midpoint of company guidance of $0.17-$0.20.
- The board authorizes another 3M shares to be added to the buyback plan, bringing the total to 3.74M shares. In the year's first nine months, Cash America (CSH +4.9%) bought back 3.258M shares at an average $24.75 each.
- Previously: Cash America EPS in-line, misses on revenue (Oct. 29)
Oct. 29, 2015, 6:05 AM
- Cash America (NYSE:CSH): Q3 EPS of $0.19 in-line.
- Revenue of $241.19M (-9.7% Y/Y) misses by $16.21M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Oct. 21, 2015, 10:16 AM
- With the stock up 29% this year and trading at roughly his $30 target price, analyst Henry Coffey downgrades Cash America International (CSH -3.6%) to Neutral from Buy.
- Big-picture economics since September - including gas prices, employment numbers, and product intrusion - has resulted in U.S. same-store pawn loan and pawn revenue growth being modest to negative, and this trend should continue, says Coffey.
- He expects the company to complete its 4M share buyback plan by year-end, and sees Q3 results as coming within the $0.17-$0.20 per share EPS guidance.
Jul. 30, 2015, 6:12 AM
- Cash America (NYSE:CSH) declares $0.05/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.73%
- Payable Aug. 26; for shareholders of record Aug. 12; ex-div Aug. 10.
Jul. 30, 2015, 6:08 AM
- Cash America (NYSE:CSH): Q2 EPS of $0.06 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $236.46M (-6.8% Y/Y) misses by $11.41M.
Cash America International, Inc. provides specialty financial services to individuals in the U.S. and Mexico. The company offers secured non-recourse loans commonly referred to as pawn loans. It also offers short-term cash advances under the brand names Cash America Payday Advance and Cashland.... More
Industry: Credit Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR