Mon, Jun. 15, 3:48 PM
- CST Brands (CST +0.6%) announces two dropdown transactions with CrossAmerica Partners (CAPL +1.9%), including 29 recently constructed CST stores for $135.5M and an additional 12.5% of CST Fuel Supply, CST's U.S wholesale supply business, for $126M.
- CAPL owns 5% of limited partnership interest in CST Fuel Supply L.P. and will lease the acquired stores to CST.
- Mizuho maintains its Buy rating for CST, as the asset dropdowns further show the potential earnings power from both fuel and new-to-industry sales, and CST's solid execution allows for diversification away from volatile fuel margins (Briefing.com).
Dec. 11, 2014, 10:03 AM
- The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 2.3% off of today's strong read on retail sales in the U.S.
- While the big boys are holding their own - Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) +1.1%, Target (NYSE:TGT) +2.0%, Costco (NASDAQ:COST) +1.0% - it's the apparel chains and specialty retailers doing the heavy lifting.
- Retail standouts: Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) +3.3%, CST Brands (NYSE:CST) +3.3%, Ascena Retail (NASDAQ:ASNA) +3.2%, Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:WSM) +3.0%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) +2.9%, Stein Mart (NASDAQ:SMRT) +2.7%.
- Previously: Retail Sales report, highlights
Dec. 10, 2014, 10:22 AM
- The S&P 500 Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 0.3% today despite the negative action in the broader market.
- A forecast for sustained lower oil prices is the major reason for the upswing.
- Top 20 XRT holdings showing gains: Limited Brands (LB +0.6%), Whole Foods Markets (WFM +0.4%), Casey's General Stores (CASY +0.3%), Ross Stores (ROST +0.7%), Kroger (KR +0.9%), Advance Auto Parts (AAP +0.4%), Target (TGT +0.4%), Zumiez (ZUMZ +0.3%), CST Brands (CST +1.3%).
Nov. 18, 2014, 8:17 AM
- CST Brands (NYSE:CST) +4.4% premarket after Jim Cramer suggested Marathon Petroleum (NYSE:MPC) should acquire the company.
- Cramer thinks CST would be worth as much as $4.8B at enterprise value in a takeover situation, or $53.40/share, based on what MPC paid for Hess Retail and what Energy Transfer Partners paid for Susser.
- Even if CST does not catch a bid, Cramer believes the fundamentals are so strong that the stock should be bought.
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:21 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 6:55 PM
- CST Brands (NYSE:CST) agrees to acquire the membership interests of Lehigh Gas GP, the general partner of Lehigh Gas Partners (NYSE:LGP), for cash and stock valued at ~$85M.
- CST, a retailer of motor fuels and convenience merchandise, expects the deal will provide access to capital through a growth-oriented MLP vehicle to execute its long-term strategic plan.
- The deal does not involve any of the common or subordinated units of LGP, which will continue to operate as a separate, publicly-traded MLP.
- Also, CST's board authorizes the repurchase of $200M of company shares.
- CST +14.8%, LGP +11.6% AH.
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:41 PM
Apr. 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
Mar. 26, 2014, 5:40 PM
Jan. 24, 2014, 12:42 PM
- CST Brands (CST -4.6%) is sharply lower after the gas station operator and convenience store retailer said late yesterday that its Q4 motor fuel volume in both the U.S. and Canada is expected to be near the low end of previous guidance.
- Motor fuel volume is seen at 4,850-4,950 gallons per site per day in the U.S. and 3,300-3,400 gallons per site per day in Canada.
- CST also expects Q4 North America merchandise sales to come in at the low end of its prior forecast.
May 22, 2013, 5:48 PM
CST vs. ETF Alternatives
CST Brands Inc is an independent retailer of motor fuel and convenience merchandise in the U.S. and eastern Canada. Its retail operations include the sale of motor fuel andconvenience merchandise items and servicesat convenience stores.
Other News & PR