Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock?
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 4 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on CST.
Business Wire (Thu, 9:35AM)
Business Wire (Mar 7, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 6, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 4, 2014)
at Fox Business (Mar 3, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 14, 2014)
Business Wire (Jan 23, 2014)
Business Wire (Dec 16, 2013)
CST vs. ETF Alternatives
CST Brands Inc sells motor fuel primarily under the Valero, Diamond Shamrock and Ultramar brands in the U.S. and eastern Canada. It also sells convenience merchandise items and other services through convenience stores.
Country: United States
Thursday, Mar 66:31 AM
Thursday, Mar 612:05 AM
Wednesday, Mar 55:30 PM
Tuesday, Mar 44:36 PM
Friday, Jan 2412:42 PM
Friday, Jan 2412:42 PM| 3 Comments
- CST Brands (CST -4.6%) is sharply lower after the gas station operator and convenience store retailer said late yesterday that its Q4 motor fuel volume in both the U.S. and Canada is expected to be near the low end of previous guidance.
- Motor fuel volume is seen at 4,850-4,950 gallons per site per day in the U.S. and 3,300-3,400 gallons per site per day in Canada.
- CST also expects Q4 North America merchandise sales to come in at the low end of its prior forecast.
Tuesday, Dec 32013, 4:02 PM
Monday, Nov 252013, 7:59 AM
Monday, Nov 252013, 7:59 AM| Comment!
- JPMorgan has a look at gasoline convenience store chain spinoffs, initiating Valero spinoff CST Brands (CST) with a Buy and Murphy Oil spinoff Murphy USA (MUSA) with a Hold.
- It may be a valuation call, as Murphy USA is up 19% since it began trading on its own in late August, while CST is up less than 3%.
Friday, Nov 152013, 1:08 PM
Friday, Nov 152013, 1:08 PM| 2 Comments
- Six months after the spinoff of CST Brands (CST +1.2%), Valero (VLO -0.8%) has sold the rest of its stock in the convenience store operator after a public offering of about 15.1M shares (including the underwriter greenshoe).
- It appears Valero sold at its first opportunity given a previous promise to hold the share for 6-18 months.
- Press release.
Monday, Nov 42013, 7:16 AM
Thursday, Sep 122013, 5:47 PM
Tuesday, Aug 132013, 8:18 AM
Saturday, Jun 12013, 9:15 AMSpinoffs continue to live up to their reputation for market-beating returns with the Bloomberg Spin-Off Index up 60% Y/Y. Sifting through this year's large class, Barron's likes CST Brands (CST, also liked by SA Pro's Daniel Phillips), and Blackhawk Network (HAWK). Another oft-profitable play is buying the parent before the spinoff, and Ingersoll-Rand (IR) - ahead of its security business divestment - may fit the bill. There's also the Guggenheim Spin-Off ETF (CSD) which has consistently beaten the SPY since its inception more than 6 years ago. |Saturday, Jun 12013, 9:15 AM| 2 Comments
Wednesday, May 222013, 5:48 PM
Friday, May 32013, 1:13 PMCST Brands (CST -0.4%) - the spinoff of Valero's (VLO) convenience store business (for those in the Mid-Atlantic, think Wawa's superstores) - is again lower on its 2nd day of trading. Not a fan of the business model, Wilson Wang nevertheless says the low valuation has him interested. He's waiting first to see if institutional holders - Valero owners who have no interest in owning a retail operation - dump their stakes and create an even more enticing valuation (the Joel Greenblatt scenario). |Friday, May 32013, 1:13 PM| 9 Comments