Cognizant Technology Solutions CorporationNASDAQ
Oct. 7, 2014, 6:58 PM
- A month after agreeing to spend $2.7B to buy administrative healthcare software provider TriZetto, Cognizant (NASDAQ:CTSH) has announced the acquisition of Cadient, an online ad agency focused on "the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer health, and medical device industries."
- Deal terms are undisclosed. Cognizant notes the deal provides it with 100+ digital ad specialists, as well as proprietary marketing, analytics, and ad campaign management platforms.
- Cognizant's healthcare-related sales rose 19% Y/Y in Q2, and made up 26% of total revenue. Like several IT outsourcing peers, the company has trying to grow its arsenal of higher-margin value-added services.
- Is Cognizant acquiring a company full of disgruntled employees? Cadient has a Glassdoor rating of just 2.1/5 stars. CEO Stephen Wray has a 12% approval rating from 17 voters.
Sep. 15, 2014, 7:04 AM
Aug. 19, 2014, 12:13 PM
- Private equity firm Apax Partners LLP is exploring the sale of healthcare IT company TriZetto Corp. Sources familiar with the matter say the price could be as high as $3B including debt.
- TriZetto's EBITDA for its most recent 12-month period was $190M. It provides information technology solutions to the healthcare industry.
- Apax took TriZetto private in 2008 for $1.4B.
- Potential buyers include Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH +2%).
Sep. 27, 2011, 7:17 AMCognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH) acquires retail consulting and software firm Zaffera for an undisclosed amount. "This acquisition will strengthen our ability to help retailers address these challenges and seize new opportunities created by multi-channel retailing." | Sep. 27, 2011, 7:17 AM