Barracuda Networks Is In Too Many Markets
Fri, Jul. 8, 3:00 PM
Fri, Jul. 8, 12:45 PM
Fri, Jul. 8, 9:15 AM
Thu, Jul. 7, 5:02 PM
- Barracuda Networks (NYSE:CUDA) has vaulted 13.5% after hours in the wake of a Q1 earnings report where it swung to a gain on a GAAP basis and beat on top and bottom lines.
- Non-GAAP earnings more than doubled Y/Y. Performance was "driven by execution on our strategy, which includes focusing our efforts to be the leader in security and data protection for our customers and expanding our routes to market, specifically in the MSP and public cloud channels," said CEO BJ Jenkins.
- Gross billings came to $98.2M vs. a year-ago $94.3M. Active subscribers came to 286,000 (up 14%); dollar-based renewal rate was 93%.
- Revenue breakout: Appliance, $21.3M (down 9.9%); Subscription, $65.3M (up 20.3%).
- The company says David Faugno will step down from the chief financial officer role Aug. 1, with Dustin Driggs (chief accounting officer and controller) replacing him as CFO.
- Press Release
Thu, Jul. 7, 4:11 PM
Mon, Jun. 6, 3:00 PM
Mon, Jun. 6, 12:48 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 12:46 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:40 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:09 PM
Fri, Mar. 18, 9:50 AM
- BTIG's Joel Fishbein has upgraded Barracuda Networks (CUDA +3.5%) to Buy, and set a $20 target.
- Barracuda, hammered in 2015 and again in January by bad earnings news, has risen sharply from a low of $9.44 (set on Jan. 20), but remains down over 65% from a 52-week high of $46.78 (set last April). Bloomberg reported in early February the security/storage appliance vendor is exploring a sale.
Mon, Feb. 8, 2:37 PM
- Many tech stocks are seeing 6%+ losses as investors flee to safety yet again. The Nasdaq is down 3.4%, and the S&P 2.7%.
- As was the case on Friday following Tableau and LinkedIn's disappointing guidance, a slew of enterprise tech stocks are seeing big losses, with cloud software and security tech names well-represented on the casualty list.
- Also: Solar stocks are having another brutal day (TAN -6.7%) as energy stocks get routed amid fears Chesapeake Energy is close to bankruptcy. WTI crude oil is once more near $30/barrel.
- Enterprise software decliners: Adobe (ADBE -9.6%), Paylocity (PCTY -19.1%), Salesforce (CRM -9.9%), Workday (WDAY -12%), Guidewire (GWRE -12.5%), ServiceNow (NOW -11.5%), Zendesk (ZEN -13.8%), Paycom (PAYC -13.4%), Marin Software (MRIN -10.3%), Castlight (CSLT -8.4%), Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD -12.1%), Atlassian (TEAM -13.2%), inContact (SAAS -9.6%), and Bazaarvoice (BV -14.5%).
- Enterprise security decliners: Palo Alto Networks (PANW -12.2%), FireEye (FEYE -9.8%), CyberArk (CYBR -11.5%), Proofpoint (PFPT -12.7%), Qualys (QLYS -8.9%), Imperva (IMPV -9.7%), Rapid7 (RPD -9.4%), and Barracuda (CUDA -8.4%).
- Solar decliners: SunEdison (SUNE -11.3%), SunPower (SPWR -8.8%), JinkoSolar (JKS -7.6%), SolarEdge (SEDG -7.9%), Yingli (YGE -7.1%), TerraForm Power (TERP -10.7%), and TerraForm Global (GLBL -9.2%).
- Other major decliners: Micron (MU -9.1%), Western Digital (WDC -10.5%), Arista (ANET -10.9%), Universal Display (OLED -10.6%), Rackspace (RAX -11.3%), Fitbit (FIT -8.7%), Nimble Storage (NMBL -11.3%), Sierra Wireless (SWIR -9.9%), Rocket Fuel (FUEL -9.8%), Knowles (KN -9%), Mitel (MITL -8.9%), and Alarm.com (ALRM -8.9%).
- Previously covered: Yelp, Cognizant, Tableau, Globant, Ambarella, European tech stocks
Mon, Feb. 1, 2:39 PM
- Bloomberg reports Barracuda Networks (NYSE:CUDA) is working with Morgan Stanley to find potential buyers. Shares have shot higher in response.
- The report comes less than a month after the security/storage appliance vendor plunged in the wake of an FQ3 miss and weak FQ4 guidance. Barracuda went into trading today 41% below its $18 2013 IPO price.
Wed, Jan. 20, 10:15 AM
- Guggenheim Securities has downgraded Barracuda Networks (NYSE:CUDA) to Neutral. Like many other tech names, Barracuda is making new 52-week lows today; the Nasdaq is off 2.3%.
- The security/storage appliance vendor's shares nosedived two weeks ago following an FQ3 miss, a weak billings print, and light FQ4 guidance. They now trade for just over 1x an FY17 (ends Feb. '17) sales consensus of $347M after backing out net cash.
Fri, Jan. 8, 12:49 PM
Fri, Jan. 8, 9:17 AM
Barracuda Networks, Inc. engages in the business of designing and delivering security and storage solutions. The company offers cloud-connected solutions that help its customers address security threats, improve network performance and protect and store their data. Its solutions are designed to... More
Industry: Communication Equipment
Country: United States
Other News & PR