What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Feb. 19, 2015, 8:40 AM
- CVR Energy (NYSE:CVI): Q4 EPS of $0.28 misses by $0.41.
- Revenue of $1.84B (-24.6% Y/Y) in-line.
Feb. 18, 2015, 5:30 PM| Feb. 18, 2015, 5:30 PM | 7 Comments
Feb. 11, 2015, 3:28 PM
- The SEC is investigating disclosures related to Carl Icahn's planned acquisition of CVR Energy (CVI -1.1%), Reuters reports.
- According to a filing with the U.S. District Court in Manhattan late yesterday, the SEC is looking into whether CVR properly characterized the fees it agreed to pay financial advisers to help defend against Icahn's takeover offer.
- Court papers indicate the investigation would include depositions of current and former CVR employees and directors, and that CVR may face "significant risk" of an SEC enforcement action.
Jan. 24, 2015, 8:25 AM
- In a low-yield world, the newly launched iBillionaire High Dividend Index - which tracks the trading moves of 25 investing-savvy billionaire investors such as Stanley Druckenmiller, James Dinan and Nelson Peltz - actually lives up to its name with a dividend yield of 5.34%.
- At 24%, the index has a high allocation of energy shares, including OXY, TRP, CNP, COP, BP, ATLS, CVI, WMB, APL, RIG and ARP.
- Also worth noting is that the index contains some high-yielding mortgage REITs, an area most investors hate right now but where billionaires seem to find value; examples are NRF, AGNC and CIM.
- No mutual fund or ETF tracks this index, but it offers a fishing pond of income investment ideas to research further.
- The top 20 holdings: TLM, CVC, GM, TIME, AEE, D, STAY, KMI, TROX, EXC, STNG, PPL, IRM, PFE, KKR, KAR, F, MIC, LO, ABBV.
Dec. 3, 2014, 3:15 PM
- U.S. oil refiners are processing record amounts of crude for this time of year, FT reports, taking advantage of falling oil prices and a flood of supply from shale drillers.
- Refiners’ appetite has kept the price of high-quality light U.S. crude closely in line with international prices, defying warnings that a glut would force deep discounts: “The bottom line remains that we haven’t seen an oversupply of light crude,” Marathon Petroleum (MPC +1.5%) says.
- Whether U.S. refineries succeed in absorbing the rising oil tide is up for speculation, but the refiners' own investment plans suggest they have the capacity to handle rising volumes; Valero (VLO +1.4%), for example, plans to add crude units in Houston and Corpus Christi designed to process oil from the nearby Eagle Ford shale.
- Refiners are by far the dominant customers for crude, so the amount purchased by U.S. refiners will be an important guide for world oil markets.
- Also: TSO +0.1%, ALJ +0.5%, PSX +1.6%, WNR +1.2%, HFC +0.4%, CVI +0.8%, PBF +1.8%.
Nov. 18, 2014, 3:31 PM
- Goldman Sachs analyst Neil Mehta is optimistic about oil refiner stocks, resuming the group at Attractive, adding Tesoro (NYSE:TSO) to the firm's conviction list and awarding Buy ratings to Marathon Petroleum (NYSE:MPC), Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX) and Delek US (NYSE:DK).
- Metha believes refiners are one of the few energy sectors that can grow cash flow in a declining crude price environment, given industry economics are driven more by crude spreads than the directional oil price; he sees an average upside of 25% for refiners during the next six months.
- Despite the overall sector optimism, Mehta thinks investors should sell CVR Energy (NYSE:CVI) and Alon USA Energy (NYSE:ALJ), which have more exposure to the Permian Basin, where the difference in price vs. the WTI benchmark should get smaller.
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:09 AM
- CVR Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CVI) declares $0.75/share quarterly dividend, in line with prior.
- Forward yield 6.35%.
- Payable Nov. 17; for shareholders of record Nov. 10; ex-div Nov. 6.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:36 AM
- CVR Energy (NYSE:CVI): Q3 EPS of $0.43 misses by $0.31.
- Revenue of $2.28B (+15.2% Y/Y) misses by $450M.
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Oct. 15, 2014, 2:17 PM
- The ten companies in the Russell 1000 in which hedge funds hold the biggest stakes are down an average of 16% since that index hit an all-time high on September 18, according to Bloomberg. This stands against a slide in the index of just 7%.
- “The reactive selling is institutional,” says a portfolio manager. “Now redemptions are coming in, and that’s putting more pressure on the market. All these things are in the mix for perhaps exacerbating the move.”
- The list: Burger King Worldwide (BKW -4.5%), CVR Energy (CVI -2.4%), Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB -3.3%), Ally Financial (ALLY -2.6%), Zynga (ZNGA -1.3%), NorthStar Realty (NRF -1.9%), Seventy Seven Energy (SSE -6.6%), Platform Specialty Products (PAH -1.4%), and SunEdison (SUNE -0.6%).
Oct. 14, 2014, 6:57 PM
- Refiners implore Pres. Obama to remain firm on plans to scale back renewable fuel quotas for 2014, warning that if the administration gives in to Corn Belt demands for higher mandates, it could cause gasoline prices to spike.
- The EPA last year proposed cutting the amount of renewable fuel required for 2014 to 15.2B gallons, ~3B gallons below the amount prescribed in federal statutes, including up to 13B gallons from traditional corn-based ethanol and 2.2B gallons of advanced biofuels.
- But administration officials have hinted they could boost the final targets, justified in part because gasoline consumption has also risen since the proposal was first unveiled last year.
- Among signers of a letter to Obama were Valero (NYSE:VLO) CEO Joseph Gorder and Tesoro (NYSE:TSO) CEO Gregory Goff.
Sep. 10, 2014, 3:28 PM
- Energy stocks, especially refiners, are taking a beating following the latest EIA inventory report that said gasoline stockpiles rose by 2.4M barrels last week, helping send U.S. crude oil futures to 16-month lows (-1.2% to $91.61/bbl) and Brent crude to 17-month lows (-1.1% to $98.02).
- The report is bearish given the large increases in refined product inventories; "even though the crude drawdown was close to expectations, it seemed to disappoint," Again Capital's John Kilduff says.
- The EIA report followed the agency’s updated demand growth report issued yesterday and this morning’s release of OPEC’s report on the oil market; both see lower demand growth this year and next.
- Oil majors are mostly lower: XOM -0.6%, CVX -1.4%, COP -0.3%, but BP (+2.9%) and RDS.A (+1%) are higher.
- Refiners are hit hard: VLO -3.6%, PSX -1.5%, MPC -1.9%, HFC -2.5%, TSO -2.9%, WNR -4.1%, CVI -1.6%, ALJ -1.8%, PBF -3.5%, DK -1.8%, CLMT -1.8%.
- ETFs: USO, XLE, OIL, UCO, ERX, VDE, OIH, SCO, ERY, XOP, DIG, BNO, UGA, DTO, DBO, DUG, IYE, IEO, CRUD, PXE, USL, PXI, PXJ, DBE, FENY, UWTI, DWTI, DNO, RJN, RYE, FXN, SZO, OLO, JJE, DDG, ONG, RGRE, OLEM, TWTI, UBN
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:28 PM
- West Texas crude prices tumbled to six-month lows today while Brent fell to the lowest level this year amid speculation that refineries will slow operations, reducing crude demand.
- WTI for Sept. delivery fell $0.91 (0.9%) to close at $97.38/bbl on the New York Merc, the lowest settlement since Feb. 5, while Brent for Sept. settlement fell $0.80 (0.8%) to $104.61/bbl on the ICE Futures, the lowest close since Nov. 7.
- Prices have been falling since the July 31 announcement that CVR Refining's (CVI, CVRR) 115K bbl/day Coffeyville refinery that gets oil from Cushing, Okla., may be offline for most of August after a fire.
- “The loss of $10 in value in six weeks can’t be explained by weak fundamentals alone,” says a broker, adding "Until there’s a major event, prices will be under downward pressure.”
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, BNO, DTO, DBO, CRUD, USL, UWTI, DWTI, DNO, SZO, OLO, OLEM, TWTI
Jul. 31, 2014, 3:16 PM
- CVR Energy (NYSE:CVI) declares $0.75/share quarterly dividend, in line with prior.
- Forward yield 4.37%.
- Payable Aug. 18; for shareholders of record Aug. 11; ex-div Aug. 7.
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:35 AM
- CVR Energy (NYSE:CVI): Q2 EPS of $0.87 in-line.
- Revenue of $2.54B (+14.4% Y/Y) misses by $200M.
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
CVR Energy Inc is a diversified holding company. The Company through its subsidiaries is engaged in the petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing industries. Its business segments include petroleum and nitrogen fertilizer.
Other News & PR