What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Jan. 27, 12:49 PM
Wed, Jan. 27, 9:37 AM
- In addition to beating FQ3 estimates, CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT) stated on its earnings call it considers Street FQ4 estimates to be "reasonable" - consensus is for revenue of $156.3M (+3.7% Y/Y) - and that it expects double-digit software revenue growth in FY17 (ends March '17). Consensus for total FY17 revenue growth is at 7.6%.
- Top-line performance: Software revenue was flat Y/Y in FQ3 at $71.4M. Services revenue (driven by past software sales) rose 4% to $84.3M. Forex had a 400 bps impact on total revenue growth (2% vs. 6%).
- Financials: GAAP operating expenses rose just 3% Y/Y to $131.8M - sales/marketing spend totaled $91.4M, R&D $18M, and G&A $20M. $9.6M was spent on buybacks, and CommVault notes it has spent another $14.8M thus far in FQ4. The storage software firm ended FQ3 with $401M in cash and no debt. The quarter-ending deferred revenue balance was $230.4M.
- Low expectations are contributing to CommVault's surge: Shares went into earnings down 65% from a 2013 peak of $90.00.
- CommVault's FQ3 results, earnings release
Wed, Jan. 27, 7:43 AM
Tue, Jan. 26, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jan. 15, 10:42 AM
- Citing concerns about the lengthening sales cycles, Sterne Agee has downgraded CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT) to Neutral ahead of its Jan. 27 FQ3 report.
- The storage backup/recovery software firm has made new 52-week lows. With concerns about weak enterprise storage demand continuing to weigh on shares, CommVault now trades for for just 2.3x an FY17 (ends March '17) sales consensus of $629.4M. The FY16 revenue growth consensus is -3.8%, and the FY17 consensus 7.7%.
Oct. 27, 2015, 7:46 AM
- CommVault Systems (NASDAQ:CVLT): FQ2 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $140.74M (-6.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.12M.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AHGP, AIXG, AKS, AME, AMTD, ARG, ARLP, AVX, AXE, BABA, BAX, BEAV, BMY, BP, BTU, CMCSA, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, ERJ, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, GLW, GPI, GRUB, HCA, HUN, ICLR, IIVI, IMGN, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, LPT, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDC, MDSO, MGLN, MMC, MNI, MRK, MSM, NCI, NVS, ONE, PCAR, PCH, PCRX, PFE, POL, POR, QSR, RAI, RDN, SAVE, SCHN, SEE, SIR, SPG, SPR, ST, SUI, TMUS, TREX, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WM, WSO, WYN, YNDX
Oct. 19, 2015, 2:02 PM
- Joseph Eazor, CEO of ISP/Web services firm EarthLink, has joined CommVault's (CVLT +0.1%) board.
- The storage software vendor now has 10 board members, 8 of whom are declared to be independent - the others are chairman/CEO Robert Hammer and COO Alan Bunte. FQ2 results arrive on the morning of Oct. 27.
Jul. 28, 2015, 12:40 PM
Jul. 28, 2015, 9:17 AM
Jul. 28, 2015, 9:09 AM
- In addition to missing FQ1 estimates, CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT) has guided on its earnings call (webcast) for flat Q/Q FQ2 sales growth, and for FY16 (ends March '16) revenue to be flat to down slightly. Consensus is for 11% Q/Q FQ2 growth (to $154.4M), and for 5.3% FY16 growth.
- The numbers come after EMC, QLogic, Quantum, and others have reported seeing soft enterprise storage demand. Public cloud storage growth is generally seen as an industry headwind.
- CommVault has tumbled to $33.00 premarket, making new 52-week lows along the way.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jul. 28, 2015, 7:41 AM
- CommVault Systems (NASDAQ:CVLT): FQ1 EPS of $0.12 misses by $0.12.
- Revenue of $139.12M (-8.9% Y/Y) misses by $8.79M.
Jul. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AGCO, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, ARG, ARLP, ARW, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BP, BTU, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COMM, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DHI, DHX, ECL, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, FSS, GLW, GPN, GRUB, ICLR, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, JEC, KEM, LH, LPT, LYB, MAS, MMC, MRK, MZOR, NCI, NLSN, NOV, NTLS, OAK, OFC, PCAR, PCH, PCP, PFE, POR, RAI, RDWR, SALT, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WYN
May 5, 2015, 7:42 AM
- CommVault Systems (NASDAQ:CVLT): FQ4 EPS of $0.27 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $150.74M (-3.9% Y/Y) misses by $5.21M.
May 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACTA, AFSI, ALLT, AMAG, ANIP, BBEP, BBW, BLMN, BPI, CIE, CLDT, CRTO, CVLT, CYNO, DIS, DISCA, DTV, EIGI, EL, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, GCAP, GLDD, GLT, GTN, GVA, H, HCA, HCP, HEP, HRC, HRS, HW, ICE, ISIS, K, KEM, KLIC, KMT, LPX, MDC, MDCO, MMP, MNK, MSO, NBL, NGLS, NNN, [[NTi]], NWN, ODP, OZM, PRIM, SABR, SALE, SBH, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SRE, SSE, STWD, TDG, TECH, TGH, TRW, TW, UAM, USAK, VLP, VMC, VSH, WEC, WNR, YORW, ZTS
Apr. 13, 2015, 6:54 PM
- A Piper Q1 survey of 41 North American and European storage resellers found 44% of Nimble Storage (NYSE:NMBL) resellers were above plan, 22% below plan, and the rest in-line. In addition, Nimble had the highest % of resellers (44%) expecting above-normal Q2 seasonality.
- The net difference between Nimble resellers that were above and below plan (+22%) was a marked improvement from Q4's -6%, and second only to flash storage array vendor Pure Storage (+50%), which was recently reported to be planning an IPO. Multiple analysts have already reported upstarts such as Nimble and Pure are making larger inroads into the bases of enterprise storage giants.
- CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT), on the other hand, had a net difference of -25%, worse than Q4's -13% and the weakest figure in Piper's survey.
- Nimble rose 4.6% today, while CommVault was nearly flat. CommVault's FQ4 results arrive on May 5.
- Last week: Citrix, CommVault seen as buyout targets
CommVault Systems Inc is a provider of data and information management software applications and related services. It develops, markets and sells software applications and services in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
Other News & PR